2018-2019 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine NYIT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there a portal to check for interview decisions?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone, happy holidays!

I have a January interview coming up and I really like the school from what I've seen! Any tips for the interview day?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, happy holidays!

I have a January interview coming up and I really like the school from what I've seen! Any tips for the interview day?

Interview is super chill, no tricks or any surprising questions. Be warned though, if you get an interviewer that looks like Santa Claus, he will do most of the talking, but he is super nice.

Reactions: 3 users
Does your interview site determine which campus you are selected for?

Interviewed 11/15 and no answer. Did I get bodied or what
You probably won't get a reply for another two or three weeks. It took me two months to receive my acceptance from interview date.

Hi all, does anyone know the exact class size for OW? is it really ~300?

Hi all, does anyone know the exact class size for OW? is it really ~300?
I think it is mid 200s. I want to say I remember hearing the number 260? The two campuses I believe are ranked together, making the combined class size over 300.

I think it is mid 200s. I want to say I remember hearing the number 260? The two campuses I believe are ranked together, making the combined class size over 300.

Makes sense - thank you!! I'm trying to figure out whether larger class size is truly a negative bc it's so emphasized on SDN. lmfao.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm really sorry if this has already been answered on this thread, but how are the interview questions at the Jonesboro campus?? I interview on 1/11 and I'm struggling to find much information about it!

Edit: also I'm assuming it is personal interviews not MMI?

I've been complete since mid-July. Does anyone know if they do silent rejections or is there a massive R wave in the spring?

for those accepted is there an accepted students page

II today! Complete 12/19. Very surprised.

509 MCAT (128,125,128,128), 3.85 GPA, 3.9 SGPA, IS.

For reference, I only applied to 9 MD schools, had 2 interviews, 1WL and one yet to attend, and refrained from applying to DO until now purely because of cost.

509 MCAT (128,125,128,128), 3.85 GPA, 3.9 SGPA, IS.

For reference, I only applied to 9 MD schools, had 2 interviews, 1WL and one yet to attend, and refrained from applying to DO until now purely because of cost.
those are pretty solid stats. I assume your chances would've been better had you applied to more schools.

I'm really sorry if this has already been answered on this thread, but how are the interview questions at the Jonesboro campus?? I interview on 1/11 and I'm struggling to find much information about it!

Edit: also I'm assuming it is personal interviews not MMI?

Correct, it's traditional interview style. The questions themselves are kinda dependent on your interviewer I think, mine was EXTREMELY conversational. The only things that felt like "standard" questions were "Tell me about yourself" and "Why Medicine/DO"

Does anyone know when the next round of emails for acceptances or rejections go out? sometime mid-jan right? I interviewed Oct 12 AT OW :/

Last edited:
Do you guys know when they’ll be sending out decisions this month. I interviewed 11/30

Does this school accept a letter of intent? Its my top choice i was completed mid of july and havent heard anything yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those on this site who are current students at OW, I was recently accepted there and would love to get more information on finding housing arrangements for the fall. If one of you could PM me, or just reply to this comment and I can PM you, I would really appreciate it!

Interviewed on 11/15 at Old Westbury, no response as of yet. Anyone from that date with the same? And anyone else wait this long to hear back from previous years?

Interviewed on 11/15 at Old Westbury, no response as of yet. Anyone from that date with the same? And anyone else wait this long to hear back from previous years?
I interviewed 11/27 and still waiting to hear. They send out a wave of acceptances once per month and have yet to send out acceptances this month so fingers crossed ours are coming!

I interviewed 11/27 and still waiting to hear. They send out a wave of acceptances once per month and have yet to send out acceptances this month so fingers crossed ours are coming!
Let’s hope!!!

those are pretty solid stats. I assume your chances would've been better had you applied to more schools.

Thanks, unfortunately, my financial situation pretty much screwed me over though

Got accepted yesterday! Interviewed mid Dec. Jonesboro campus

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed 10/30, accepted 12/14.

Withdrew my application today. Best of luck to those of you still in the running!!

Reactions: 2 users
Is there a current student at Jonesboro that I can DM to answer some questions? I was recently accepted there and have some random questions!

So I have already been accepted. However, I didn’t do as well as I hoped on the final for this class I am taking. It is not a “required” class and I will still be passing the course. Do I need to worry about retaking the exam? Will the school revoke my acceptance due to this still passing grade? I am able to retake the final but will have to pay a proctoring fee... who wants that

So I have already been accepted. However, I didn’t do as well as I hoped on the final for this class I am taking. It is not a “required” class and I will still be passing the course. Do I need to worry about retaking the exam? Will the school revoke my acceptance due to this still passing grade? I am able to retake the final but will have to pay a proctoring fee... who wants that

I highly doubt it matters, as long as you pass.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Interviewed here on 11/2 at the OW campus and still haven't heard back... slowly losing it :nailbiting:

I sent an update via email with the grades from my first semester as a post-bachelor (got a 4.0), but I don't know how much they will take it into consideration.

Okay. Is there anyone who put a deposit down AND sent in the acceptance reply form who is still waiting to hear back from other schools? If so, did you send in your immunization forms?

Okay. Is there anyone who put a deposit down AND sent in the acceptance reply form who is still waiting to hear back from other schools? If so, did you send in your immunization forms?
I did both of these and the criminal background check. Im still waiting to hear from others schools as well. I haven't done anything with immunizations however.

I submitted my immunizations, however I have not received anything about the background check yet like @Medicine.Medicine

Hey guys!! I am applying in June. Maybe, I should not be in this thread, but this is my top choice (in old Westbury)!! And, seeing all these acceptances is very enlightening! My stats: 4.0 cGPA/sGPA, tutored biology at my university for 3 semesters. Volunteered at 2 hospitals/Shadowed a doctor -- plan on shadowing 2 more. LOR from science professors as well, plan on asking for a LOR from a doctor soon. I plan on also applying early. I am from NY as well. Pakistani (don't know if this matters??). I plan on also getting a job as a patient care tech! HOWEVER, my MCAT is coming up soon and I am freaking out cause I keep scoring decent in the sciences and CARS has stagnated around 121-123!!! My other sections C/P 126~128, B/B: 128~130, P/S: 130~132. But that low CARS section has me in crippling anxiety which caused me to spend hours stalking this thread and now I grew the courage to ask if I have some chance in the upcoming cycle (2020!)

Hey guys!! I am applying in June. Maybe, I should not be in this thread, but this is my top choice (in old Westbury)!! And, seeing all these acceptances is very enlightening! My stats: 4.0 cGPA/sGPA, tutored biology at my university for 3 semesters. Volunteered at 2 hospitals/Shadowed a doctor -- plan on shadowing 2 more. LOR from science professors as well, plan on asking for a LOR from a doctor soon. I plan on also applying early. I am from NY as well. Pakistani (don't know if this matters??). I plan on also getting a job as a patient care tech! HOWEVER, my MCAT is coming up soon and I am freaking out cause I keep scoring decent in the sciences and CARS has stagnated around 121-123!!! My other sections C/P 126~128, B/B: 128~130, P/S: 130~132. But that low CARS section has me in crippling anxiety which caused me to spend hours stalking this thread and now I grew the courage to ask if I have some chance in the upcoming cycle (2020!)

Sounds like you have a very good, well rounded application. CARS was also my worst section. When I took it I though I killed it but it turned out to be my worst (125) just like my practice tests. I did go down a few points from last practice tests. Don’t worry too much about it. You should focus on doing as best you can and do as many practice problems as you can. That’s my take. And yes make sure to get at least one good LOR from a doctor, preferably a DO. Mine was from an MD but it didn’t matter.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile