2018-2019 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine NYIT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I tried searching, but couldn't find anything and wanted to get some opinions. I'm currently waitlisted and am writing up a letter of intent, but I also know a DO who is willing to write an additional letter of recommendation for me now. Would it increase my chances to have another letter submitted through AACOMAS at this time?
you wont see any movement until traffic day just based on the rules, but I would for sure do that. Maybe don't submit through AACOMAS, but instead email directly to the admissions office? Unless you have been spamming them with updates I think it will only benefit your case

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Could

How long after submitting your supp app did you hear back? Also when did you submit it?
I think I submitted the secondary around mid July. My interview invite was received at the end of October. I interviewed in Dec because of scheduling conflicts.

Members don't see this ad :)
you wont see any movement until traffic day just based on the rules, but I would for sure do that. Maybe don't submit through AACOMAS, but instead email directly to the admissions office? Unless you have been spamming them with updates I think it will only benefit your case

When/ what is traffic day? Had my interview at JB last week and I loved it!

Hi! I was wondering if this school accepts pre-interview letter updates through email?

Yes, they do. I sent one about volunteering hours and 2 new courses I had taken Fall 2018 and then a week or so later I got an II

Same! Been complete since 7/28. Debating whether or not I should call or send a LOI
I called to make sure they got my academic update, didn’t really get any new info from them though other than I’m still under review

Interviewed this past week - admissions staff told us that the Old Westbury class is full and they are working on a waitlist. Jonesboro class is getting there, she said if you are offered admission it would behoove you to send in a deposit sooner than later.

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed this past week - admissions staff told us that the Old Westbury class is full and they are working on a waitlist. Jonesboro class is getting there, she said if you are offered admission it would behoove you to send in a deposit sooner than later.

Thanks for sharing! That's kinda sad... I interviewed on first week of January, and I still haven't heard from them. :(

really..? when I interviewed last week I could have sworn they told us it was not full(?)

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright. Give this post a like if you’re definitely going to NYITCOM - OW

Reactions: 5 users
Hope the class isn’t full my flights got cancelled and had to pay an extra $200 just to interview here...

Anyone else told if class was full for Old Westbury? I interviewed a few weeks ago and now am justness nervous. Dmu rejected me.

I also heard at my interview on 02/08 at the AR campus that westbury was full and they were working off the waitinglist. She also said that AR campus was getting close to being full

II just now for 2/26 Old Westbury Campus looks like it's just for the waitlist (?), there was another interview day on 03/08 I believe. Those were the only two options. So excited, Happy Valentine's Day!

Last edited:
Hey just a reminder to take everything you hear on here with a grain of salt. Just because someone at the AR campus said to one or two people that the class is full at the westburry campus 1) doesn’t mean it’s true 2) probably isn’t true 3) if you are a candidate deserving admission there you will get it.

Reactions: 1 users
II just now for 2/26 Old Westbury Campus looks like it's just for the waitlist (?), there was another interview day on 03/08 I believe. Those were the only two options. So excited, Happy Valentine's Day!

Congrats! is it for OW?

Last edited:
I applied in early November i think and didn’t hear back until January so it definitely takes some time. I bet the committee that meets about DPC meets infrequently compared to the ADCOM. Hope that helps!
Thanks!! Is there a way for me to PM you?

Does anyone happen to know how often the admissions team meets and makes decisions? Interviewed last week and they said a tentative 4-6 weeks but since it is closer to the end of the cycle it could be sooner. Have a deposit at another school due and was hoping to hear back before March 1st!

Just got an II today. And I know I wasn't alone, cause someone nabbed the 3/8 date and left me with the 3/29 date by the time I clicked the link. My secondary was completed 2/6. Hope some of the other hopefuls on here got one too. No April dates, so there might be another round of IIs going out later this month/early March??

Just got an II today. And I know I wasn't alone, cause someone nabbed the 3/8 date and left me with the 3/29 date by the time I clicked the link. My secondary was completed 2/6. Hope some of the other hopefuls on here got one too. No April dates, so there might be another round of IIs going out later this month/early March??
Interview invite today as well. Was sent around 4:15 pm. Like you, the March 8th interview was grabbed before I could take it. I did not have access to my AACOMAS ID at the time unfortunately. I guess I will be seeing you the 29th.

Interview invite today as well. Was sent around 4:15 pm. Like you, the March 8th interview was grabbed before I could take it. I did not have access to my AACOMAS ID at the time unfortunately. I guess I will be seeing you the 29th.

congrats! what were your stats?

Does anyone happen to know how often the admissions team meets and makes decisions? Interviewed last week and they said a tentative 4-6 weeks but since it is closer to the end of the cycle it could be sooner. Have a deposit at another school due and was hoping to hear back before March 1st!

Also in a similar situation. Hopefully they get back to us soon.

I’m a non-traditional applicant, so I’m not sure how much my stats played a role in getting an interview. Middle of the road MCAT and gpa for MD/DO schools. Health and non-health (education) related work experience, publications, MPH, and letters are all strong parts of my application though.

Can any of the current students with a good idea of the faculty help me with something? Would be greatly appreciated!

Can any of the current students with a good idea of the faculty help me with something? Would be greatly appreciated!
If you’re talking about Old Westbury then feel free to PM me

jonesboro! Sorry forgot to mention that. Also what is the interview style like?

jonesboro! Sorry forgot to mention that. Also what is the interview style like?
Fly in to Memphis then drive the hour to JB. The interview is one-on-one with a faculty member. Pretty conversational for the most part. When you arrive the morning of the interview, you'll get a name tag with your group number and the name of your interviewer on it.

Non-trad applicant. Low MCAT - average GPA. Solid, very solid extracurriculars and extremely well written PS and secondary were my strong points. PM if you want more specifics.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to prepare for the 1 on 1 interview at NYIT?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to prepare for the 1 on 1 interview at NYIT?
The SDN Interview Feedback is a great resource. My questions were all listed there

Reactions: 2 users
I got an II! for 2/26

Congratulations! Super happy for you :) If you're interviewing at OW, I really liked this school, and the group of people I interviewed with were awesome. The interview itself is super conversational, and the campus is gorgeous. Best of luck :)

Congratulations! Super happy for you :) If you're interviewing at OW, I really liked this school, and the group of people I interviewed with were awesome. The interview itself is super conversational, and the campus is gorgeous. Best of luck :)
yes ow! iThank You! went to undergrad here and its my top choice, I hope I get in

II at JB. Already accepted at a school I really like, so I'm debating if I want to attend the interview. Accepted students: what were some of your favorite parts of the school?? Do you know if the JB campus still has spots, or is a 3/29 interview just for a waitlist spot?

Just wondering, would NYITCOM be one of your top choices?