2018-2019 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine NYIT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I see a lot of mcat scorers around 498-502 on this thread. Anyone get accepted with this range and have a SIGNIFICANTLY low section. I just got my MCAT score today and scored a 502. My GPA is a 4. So anyone out here that can ease my anxiety
How low is a low section? Technically I retook my MCAT and did better on my VERY low CARs score from my first attempt. Not sure if they took the first CARs score into consideration. I would suggest looking into whether there is a subsection score screening and would consider retaking the MCAT if there is.

Members don't see this ad.

How low is a low section? Technically I retook my MCAT and did better on my VERY low CARs score from my first attempt. Not sure if they took the first CARs score into consideration. I would suggest looking into whether there is a subsection score screening and would consider retaking the MCAT if there is.
120-122ish

Members don't see this ad :)
I see a lot of mcat scorers around 498-502 on this thread. Anyone get accepted with this range and have a SIGNIFICANTLY low section. I just got my MCAT score today and scored a 502. My GPA is a 4. So anyone out here that can ease my anxiety

I would retake the MCAT. You have plenty of time as long as you can make a considerable improvement on your score in the next couple months. With a 4.0GPA, I bet you can bump that up to a 505-510.

I would retake the MCAT. You have plenty of time as long as you can make a considerable improvement on your score in the next couple months. With a 4.0GPA, I bet you can bump that up to a 505-510.
My issue is, this low section score is a CARS score, which I have tried to improve. I did EK passages, AAMC old passages, Uworld passages, and I also redid Q pack several times. At this point, this 120 in CARS (yes, I got a 120), is very low. I have lost faith in my ability to improve it by myself. So, I'd have to pay 1k-2k for a tutor (such as Jack Westin). Still, even spending this much does not ''gaurantee'' a high score. So, I am very worried. Overall MCAT: 502: 127/120/128/127.

My issue is, this low section score is a CARS score, which I have tried to improve. I did EK passages, AAMC old passages, Uworld passages, and I also redid Q pack several times. At this point, this 120 in CARS (yes, I got a 120), is very low. I have lost faith in my ability to improve it by myself. So, I'd have to pay 1k-2k for a tutor (such as Jack Westin). Still, even spending this much does not ''gaurantee'' a high score. So, I am very worried. Overall MCAT: 502: 127/120/128/127.

Your other scores are fantastic but my concern is that your CARS score will get you screened out from most schools but your GPA is great and it also depends on EC's, etc. It is your choice and DO schools do look at things holistically but maybe it's worth calling the admissions offices to DO schools for some advice. I would take it again if they say it's too low - better to spend an extra 1K on a tutor than 5K+ applying during a second cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know when living arrangements and apartment openings will start being listed by current students on the facebook page?

Got II for JB campus today after silence since August lol
The only remaining interview day is 3/29.
I am gonna pass.
Hope it goes to one of you who really want it.

Interviewed the beginning of February, wondering if anyone also interviewed around that time and has heard back? Have a second deposit at another school due in 3 days and would love to hear back from OW before then. Any hope?

Interviewed the beginning of February, wondering if anyone also interviewed around that time and has heard back? Have a second deposit at another school due in 3 days and would love to hear back from OW before then. Any hope?
OW is taking forever with their decisions. Interviewed 1/11 and haven’t heard back yet. I was in your position and was planning on paying another deposit... but that was like 3 weeks ago lol

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed around January (OW site) and am still waiting for a decision. I recently also got accepted at KCU (KC site) and wanted to ask people on this thread which school would you rather go to, assuming acceptance on both? And yes I know there are other posts on SDN/reddit but they're old or not relevant for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm turning into that SDN-obsessed maniac that I hate, non-stop looking to see if anyone is getting answers back for 2/7 interviews.

Reactions: 4 users
Really? I'm pretty sure I've read every comment on this thread and I don't recall seeing a MCAT below ~505 for an accepted student... After reading through this thread, I thought most accepted students are in the 505-510 range...

IMO, I would retake. You have time! Sign up for a MCAT in May and bang out a practice MCAT every week between now and then, you should be more than fine. I got a 501 my first time, practice with the MCAT format was all I needed for a significant improvement. Nextstep is a great resource for practice exams, it's very similar to the real deal!

Sooooo, where is NYITCOM at with interviews? Is it game over yet?

Got a “Welcome to NYITCOM” email from an @nyit email address with a link to an applicant portal...

I wasnt invited to an interview, so I’m guessing it’s a phishing email. *sigh*

Got a “Welcome to NYITCOM” email from an @nyit email address with a link to an applicant portal...

I wasnt invited to an interview, so I’m guessing it’s a phishing email. *sigh*
I just got the same thing. The email address is from the Director of Systems Integration for Enrollment Services as per the NYIT directory. My guess is it may some technical glitch of some kind.

Really? I'm pretty sure I've read every comment on this thread and I don't recall seeing a MCAT below ~505 for an accepted student... After reading through this thread, I thought most accepted students are in the 505-510 range...

IMO, I would retake. You have time! Sign up for a MCAT in May and bang out a practice MCAT every week between now and then, you should be more than fine. I got a 501 my first time, practice with the MCAT format was all I needed for a significant improvement. Nextstep is a great resource for practice exams, it's very similar to the real deal!
LOL, i might have exaggerated to make myself feel better! But, I saw like 1 person score below 500/get accepted. And, a lot of people claiming to have 500~'s that got accepted. Also, the average is 505! (I called yesterday). I will be retaking and purchased a Jack Westin course to see if I will improve on my practice exams. If not, then I will take my chance and apply as it is.

Can anyone message me the mailing addresses they used to send out any letters/ correspondences to the Jonesboro campus? I’m not sure if I have the correct address. Please and thank you!

Interviewed on 1/29 at OW. Placed on the waitlist today

Interviewed on 1/31 on OW
Waitlisted

Crap. Waitlisted both Nova and NYCOM. Guess my interviews did not go as well as I thought.

Does anybody know how the waitlist works at OW? Is it ranked or unranked? And how often is there movement on it? I interviewed 1/22 and just got waitlisted as well at OW. :(

I interviewed 2/5 and haven’t heard anything. This is my top choices Anxious and excited to hear back....but it looks like I’ll have to wait a bit longer.

1/8 interview here at OW and waitlisted! I read the waitlist is unranked. No idea, though on how fast/slow it moves.

Wait-list January 10th. Lizzy m 66. Curious why this is? Can the people who got accepted drop numbers and maybe some Ecs?

Thanks

Can anyone message me the mailing addresses they used to send out any letters/ correspondences to the Jonesboro campus? I’m not sure if I have the correct address. Please and thank you!
[email protected] for almost all things NYIT JB. Once you are accepted however, a lot of communication is through their interweb email system. Best of luck!

Waitlisted yesterday after interviewing on 1/23.

Kinda disappointing considering the interviewer said she thought I would be a great fit for the class. Wonder if anyone this late has gotten an acceptance

Repeatedly checking this thread as if it will make my decision come quicker, but knowing deep down that it appears that there are only spots on the waitlist left

There's a lot of waitlist movement at NYIT (I know a lot of people who were accepted off of it, myself included), so don't think getting waitlist is a death sentence here. I've posted previously about sending LOIs and so on if anybody wants any advice of questionable utility.

Wait-list January 10th. Lizzy m 66. Curious why this is? Can the people who got accepted drop numbers and maybe some Ecs?

Thanks

I was accepted in November. My LM is 65, IS, ORM, 1500+ hours at a research hospital, research at my university, medical assistant / scribe work, ~600 hours of shadowing.

Last edited:
So did anyone actually get accepted from this wave of decisions or was it all waitlists?

I’m a little confused at all the waitlisting. Seems like everyone from January got waitlisted. But they had lat least 5 interview days in January and February each with some in March. Doesn’t that just seems like so many people that they’re just adding on the waitlist?

I’m a little confused at all the waitlisting. Seems like everyone from January got waitlisted. But they had lat least 5 interview days in January and February each with some in March. Doesn’t that just seems like so many people that they’re just adding on the waitlist?

Unfortunately it is almost impossible to grasp the full picture from sdn alone. Even tho it seems like every decision is posted here, it is merely a fraction. Just because someone didn't post on here an acceptance from the last wave does not mean that none were given out. I asked on my late feb interview if there were any acceptances to still go out and they said yes. Trying to predict or understand the process from sdn can be fun, but is almost always not the bigger picture.

Reactions: 2 users
Unfortunately it is almost impossible to grasp the full picture from sdn alone. Even tho it seems like every decision is posted here, it is merely a fraction. Just because someone didn't post on here an acceptance from the last wave does not mean that none were given out. I asked on my late feb interview if there were any acceptances to still go out and they said yes. Trying to predict or understand the process from sdn can be fun, but is almost always not the bigger picture.
That’s very true lol. Just anxious waiting to hear back. Love this school and loved it even more during my interview so hoping to hear back soon

Hi, is it wise to send a letter of intent post-interview (pre-decision). I am still waiting on a decision so just wondering

Hi, is it wise to send a letter of intent post-interview (pre-decision). I am still waiting on a decision so just wondering
Hi - I think it might help! I would send it to Mr. Dettling and maybe think about cc'ing the dean that greeted you on interview day.

Has anyone got a list of rotation sites for the JB campus? People in last year's thread said they received an e-mail prior to matriculating on a list of sites so I was wondering if we should expect the same or if anyone has already asked for it/has a copy.

Is there a facebook group for accepted students? And is it by campus? JB v OW? Thanks.