2018-2019 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine NYIT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there a facebook group for accepted students? And is it by campus? JB v OW? Thanks.
There are FB groups for each campus. OW class of 2023 has an SDN thread where I believe the group is linked. The link for the JB group is here: Log into Facebook | Facebook

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone got a list of rotation sites for the JB campus? People in last year's thread said they received an e-mail prior to matriculating on a list of sites so I was wondering if we should expect the same or if anyone has already asked for it/has a copy.

There is a list. I know all of our prospective sites as they exist currently. They are always subject to change as opportunities become available or there is the realism that a specific situation may not be beneficial for our students.

I do not know how or why students in the class of 2022 would have received a list prior to matriculation without seeking it or receiving a then-current list from a student here, as there exists the possibility of change and I am 99% sure I did not receive such a list. I will say there are some differences between the list when I matriculated and now as I match to a hub, so the list would have to have been/will have to be taken with a grain of salt in that case.

In my honest opinion, a conversation about rotation sites is ALWAYS better had if a discussion can be started with what you hope to gain from your rotations, where you would like to live, why, and then how we can provide for those desired outcomes with (a) given location(s). The reality is that without these ideas in mind any list you receive will be pretty pointless. I would be happy to have a discussion like that with you, as I am sure our faculty would, but I figured I would put that out there for everyone to consider. Honestly this is no different than applying to a given medical school to begin with - so it really all does start there.

PM me if you would like to have that discussion. I would be happy to help as I can and we can discuss the nuances and the sites to the best of my knowledge with the tools given to me.

*Edit for disclaimer: Obviously this post is riddled with my opinion on the matter despite not being asked, but there it is. Yes I have a current list. Hope my post does not come across poorly, I mean only to assist and inform.

I just spoke to David from NYITCOM Admissions and he said they are still reviewing applications so keep checking your email and the application cycle is closing soon.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get an email back after saying they would like to be placed on the waiting list?

I just withdrew my acceptance! I hope it goes one of yall on the waitlist :)

Reactions: 2 users
There's a lot of waitlist movement at NYIT (I know a lot of people who were accepted off of it, myself included), so don't think getting waitlist is a death sentence here. I've posted previously about sending LOIs and so on if anybody wants any advice of questionable utility.
Do you know when the typical waitlist movement starts? End of April/beginning of May?

Anybody interviewing at Jonesboro on Friday, 03/08/19 w me?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know when the typical waitlist movement starts? End of April/beginning of May?
Mid-April is when the first acceptances off the waitlist came out last year, check last year's thread if you want a better picture.

Does anyone know when/how people start looking for apartment mates? I'm from LI but am looking to live closer to campus!

Does anyone know when/how people start looking for apartment mates? I'm from LI but am looking to live closer to campus!
April is usually when people start looking/posting. Just keep an eye on the facebook page for both your class and the class above.

Hi guys! OW class of 2023 here and so excited for august. in the dpc program as well. if anyone is interested in living with a cool queer gal who loves fitness, cooking, social justice, and cats (I have two!) shoot me a message! good lucky to everyone still waiting!

For any of the folks who got accepted to the OW campus: are you planning on attending the Accepted Medical Student Day on April 7th? I don't know if a ~5 hour thing is going to be worth the travel (from out of state), but I also feel like it would be a good thing to get to meet future classmates... What are your thoughts?

Reactions: 1 users
For any of the folks who got accepted to the OW campus: are you planning on attending the Accepted Medical Student Day on April 7th? I don't know if a ~5 hour thing is going to be worth the travel (from out of state), but I also feel like it would be a good thing to get to meet future classmates... What are your thoughts?
yaaaa im traveling from boston. it should be a fun time!

Unfortunately it is almost impossible to grasp the full picture from sdn alone. Even tho it seems like every decision is posted here, it is merely a fraction. Just because someone didn't post on here an acceptance from the last wave does not mean that none were given out. I asked on my late feb interview if there were any acceptances to still go out and they said yes. Trying to predict or understand the process from sdn can be fun, but is almost always not the bigger picture.

While it's true that people posting here on SDN are only a fraction of students going through the NYITCOM acceptance process, I would still expect a few acceptance responses for every wave of waitlisted students. The SDN responses can be extrapolated to get a glimpse of the bigger picture. And with the SDN responses here, it seems like NYITCOM accepted most students who interviewed in 2018, but waitlisted all students who interviewed recently.

Unfortunately, we haven't seen one recent acceptance on SDN, which means NYITCOM has probably stopped accepting for now. That's not to say you can't still get in off the waitlist, but I believe things will go much slower from here on out. There probably won't be any more waves of acceptances, but rather a trickling of them. We are definitely nearing the end of the cycle.

Last edited:
While it's true that people posting here on SDN are only a fraction of students going through the NYITCOM acceptance process, I would still expect a few acceptance responses for every wave of waitlisted students. The SDN responses can be extrapolated to get a glimpse of the bigger picture. And with the SDN responses here, it seems like NYITCOM accepted most students who interviewed in 2018, but waitlisted all students who interviewed recently.

Unfortunately, we haven't seen one recent acceptance on SDN, which means NYITCOM has probably stopped accepting for now. That's not to say you can't still get in off the waitlist, but I believe things will go much slower from here on out. There probably won't be any more waves of acceptances, but rather a trickling of them. We are definitely nearing the end of the cycle.

I called and asked on Friday and they said they did give acceptances our in that last wave and there are more to be given.

But I 100 percent agree that things are slowing down! They’ve essentially filled the class by now.

Anyone know if there is a Facebook group or anything for students accepted to Jonesboro?

Interviewed 2/2, Waitlisted 2/22, Accepted today 3/12!

JB campus

Reactions: 7 users
Interviewed 2/7, so hoping we are the next group to find out soon? The waiting stinks!

Does anyone know when they usually release decisions? Like is it on a regular day like every other Thursday?

Told y’all there were acceptances left

Does anyone know when they usually release decisions? Like is it on a regular day like every other Thursday?

It’s usually once a month in the middle of the month. but apparently they’re going to start releasing more frequently

Accepted yesterday to the Old Westbury Campus! Interviewed on 2/21/19.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted yesterday to the Old Westbury Campus! Interviewed on 2/21/19.

Oh wow that’s crazy! Congratulations! Does anyone know why some people hear before some people that might have interviewed earlier? I only ask as I interviewed the 14th!

Oh wow that’s crazy! Congratulations! Does anyone know why some people hear before some people that might have interviewed earlier? I only ask as I interviewed the 14th!
That’s just how it work. They vote on people they think the highest of first usually.

Does anyone know when this school sends out rejections? Ive haven’t heard anything since I submitted in August.

I interviewed February 5th still haven’t heard anything. I’m scared.