Oct 31, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Hello everyone, is there any 4th year or perhaps 2nd year student at the AR campus willing to give up their lease in July at Stadium View? If so, please please let me know and I will gladly take it!

Apr 2, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Hello everyone, is there any 4th year or perhaps 2nd year student at the AR campus willing to give up their lease in July at Stadium View? If so, please please let me know and I will gladly take it!
Yes!! Same here! Looking for July move in at stadium view!

DrDumbDrum

Someone always in need of sleep
Jul 4, 2018
Status
Medical Student
Accepted today at Old Westbury! For any of you folks still on the waitlist, don't give up - movement can happen at any time.

DrDumbDrum

Jul 4, 2018
Status
Medical Student
wohoo welcome to the squad:D

If you are definitely attending NYITCOM OW, then we will be classmates!!!
I'm looking forward to it! But first, I need to get this housing situation squared away. They don't make it very easy...

DrDumbDrum

Jul 4, 2018
Status
Medical Student
For those of you accepted off the waitlist, what steps did you take?
I called and emailed admissions with basically any significant updates, and made sure to emphasize how much I want to attend each time. Good luck!

Jan 7, 2018
Got a waitlist update email from them asking me 1) if I want to stay on the WL there’s no action needed and 2) if I want to withdraw my position I should do so by 06/19/2019

Mjd0155

2+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2017
Got a waitlist update email from them asking me 1) if I want to stay on the WL there’s no action needed and 2) if I want to withdraw my position I should do so by 06/19/2019
I just got that email too, for the Jonesboro campus. Does anyone know if this is actually a good sign? Or is this second WL email standard?

Reactions: kab12
Aug 6, 2018
@DrDumbDrum Ahh I see. There are a lot of listings on FB group recently, so hopefully you can find one :D

Also, @ anyone who may be able to answer this, which medical equipment from this list that was sent via email do we actually need to buy (trying to save some money):
  • Stethoscope will be given to you by the school
  • Sphygmomanometer - blood pressure cuff DS45-MC Economy DuraShock Hand Aneroid with 4/cuffs
  • Oto-ophthalmoscope set- Student Diagnostic Set
  • C-128 Tuning Fork
  • C-512 Tuning Fork
  • Taylor Reflex Hammer
Thanks in advance :D

Apr 17, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
What are the differences in the two options for the equipment kits? One is priced a lot higher than the other?

Paramvir.Singh95

2+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm commuting from Brooklyn, so I just wanted to get a general understanding of the class schedule your first-year along with potentially how many times a week will I have to commute to campus. What I know so far is that lectures are in the morning from Monday through Thursday and labs/workshops are in the afternoon. Exams are scheduled to be on Friday. So am I correct to assume that I could potentially have to drive to campus five times a week, because of exams, labs, and workshops, which all have mandatory attendance. Also is there any student at NYITCOM that I can PM my questions directly? Thanks!

kazill

2+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2015
Old Westbury
Status
Medical Student
I'm commuting from Brooklyn, so I just wanted to get a general understanding of the class schedule your first-year along with potentially how many times a week will I have to commute to campus. What I know so far is that lectures are in the morning from Monday through Thursday and labs/workshops are in the afternoon. Exams are scheduled to be on Friday. So am I correct to assume that I could potentially have to drive to campus five times a week, because of exams, labs, and workshops, which all have mandatory attendance. Also is there any student at NYITCOM that I can PM my questions directly? Thanks!
Yes, first semester you will need to be on campus 4-5 days a week. I posted about the schedule in a different thread (NYITCOM Class of 2023- Old Westbury)

Feel free to PM me or any of the other current students, if you search through the thread you can find us

May 11, 2019
Status
Medical Student
The lectures aren't mandatory so you won't have to come in the mornings (you can just watch the recordings), and then starting at 1 you'll have labs 4-5 times a week so you'll have to come in then but traffic shouldnt be too bad at that time. And then you can study on campus and leave campus after rush hour (8-9ish or afterwards if you want).

Nov 13, 2018
I travel to Long Island on occasion from Brooklyn. Live near Bay Ridge and it can take 2 hours around 8 am and 3 pm-6pm. The travel time is quite painful as somehow something is always wrong on the belt or LI express.
Smh at the belt. The belt has to be the most trafficked road on the East Coast.

DrDumbDrum

Jul 4, 2018
Status
Medical Student
Also, @ anyone who may be able to answer this, which medical equipment from this list that was sent via email do we actually need to buy (trying to save some money):
  • Stethoscope will be given to you by the school
  • Sphygmomanometer - blood pressure cuff DS45-MC Economy DuraShock Hand Aneroid with 4/cuffs
  • Oto-ophthalmoscope set- Student Diagnostic Set
  • C-128 Tuning Fork
  • C-512 Tuning Fork
  • Taylor Reflex Hammer
Thanks in advance :D
Yeah, I'm pretty curious about the shopping list myself. I wonder if just getting the cheapest reasonably-reviewed stuff on Amazon would suffice. Do you mind lending your opinion, @kazill ?

kazill

2+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2015
Old Westbury
Status
Medical Student
Yeah, I'm pretty curious about the shopping list myself. I wonder if just getting the cheapest reasonably-reviewed stuff on Amazon would suffice. Do you mind lending your opinion, @kazill ?
Get a good stethoscope, everything else get the cheapest possible. You only use these things in a singular lab and can just borrow off of someone who splurged for the good stuff, for ICC they provide you with all the tools you need.

Reactions: DrDumbDrum

DrDumbDrum

Jul 4, 2018
Status
Medical Student
Accepted to OW today after being waitlisted in January! Interviewed in October so its a relief to finally know :)

Stats: In-state, 3.46 cGPA, 3.2 sGPA, 509 MCAT, ORM
Congratulations! I also interviewed in October. See you in August! :D

Reactions: futuredoc1297