2018-2019 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine NYIT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II yesterday! Complete 7/6. LM 70, WARS 77. They called me the day before to make sure my writing and english classes were in fact writing classes, haha.

Edit: For Old Westbury, from Upstate NY, living in NYC now. 9/25 interview date

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else complete early July and heard nothing?

Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone post the complete e-mail? I only received an e-mail stating that my supplemental was complete. It's been a long time... :(

Reactions: 1 user
II yesterday! Complete 7/6. LM 70, WARS 77. They called me the day before to make sure my writing and english classes were in fact writing classes, haha.

Edit: For Old Westbury, from Upstate NY, living in NYC now. 9/25 interview date
Hope to meet you on 9/25!

interviewed in Jonesboro on 8/24 it was very casual and informal. Small town but amazing people and great campus so it works to its advantage because they focus a lot on students. Great hospitals in the vicinity where students can do their rotations. iPads, Pathoma and First Aide are part of the tuition.

I was completed on 07/02. Still silence. Too bad you cant check status on their secondary website

II today. Not sure exactly when I was complete... submitted 7/4 but letters in several weeks later. OOS applicant

Members don't see this ad :)
II today! How's the interview here? They don't give much information about interview day

Interview scheduled for 9/27. Stats were 3.68 gpa 3.58 science. 507 mcat.

II 8/28...Old Westbury Campus
Secondary complete 7/24

Interview Date: 9/11

I really want to apply to this school but I don't have a non-science LOR. Should I still apply?

I really want to apply to this school but I don't have a non-science LOR. Should I still apply?

This question could be better answered by the school to see if they can make an exception.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

How was your interview? Any advice?
The experience was very good. Everyone was very helpful and enthusiastic about nyitcom. The day starts with a small presentation of the school followed by a presentation discussing their dpc track. Then are the interviews, the waiting process to be called into your interview is the most stressful part of the process. My interviewer was amazing, it was very laid back and conversational. Basic questions, why medicine, why do, about your accomplishments and your stressors. The interview will pick things for you to elaborate on based off your responses. It is open file and just a single one on one. After there was a tour of the school and the facilities which were all very nice. The student body is the best part, everyone seems to love the opportunities which nyitcom has to offer and it drives the passion out of their students

Reactions: 9 users
II today. My first interview invite. I'm esctatic. I was complete around 7/5

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the announcement that NYITCOM will be launching a D.O./Ph.D. program starting the 2019-2020 academic year. Interesting times for those coming in.

II today for OW! Complete 8/14.

Anyone know if admissions is receptive to opening later interview dates? Only 10/9, 10/11, and 10/12 available and I have another OOS interview on 10/10. I applied to some DO schools as safety, but I would honestly prioritize scheduling my MD ones first and not spending extra funds just yet.

Last edited:
Any IIs for Jonesboro? Have been complete since late July but no update since...

Hey guys, I received an II and I plan on staying in Manhattan with family the night prior to save $$$. The earliest long island train for oyster bay would have me arriving to nyit stop at 8:37 which would make me late. Does anyone from the area have advice on what to do for transport? I obvisouly do not want to uber!

Hey guys, I received an II and I plan on staying in Manhattan with family the night prior to save $$$. The earliest long island train for oyster bay would have me arriving to nyit stop at 8:37 which would make me late. Does anyone from the area have advice on what to do for transport? I obvisouly do not want to uber!
If you're dead set on that, google maps says you should take the LIRR to Hicksville or Great Neck and then the n20H bus to campus. I've never taken the bus though so can't give much guidance.

Google Maps

If you're dead set on that, google maps says you should take the LIRR to Hicksville or Great Neck and then the n20H bus to campus. I've never taken the bus though so can't give much guidance.

Google Maps

I would never rely on the MTA lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users