2018-2019 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine NYIT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Im at the hampton in south of campus. You getting dinner tonight? I'm going to a place called skinny J's downtown
You are about half a mile away

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone who interviewed back in August heard back from them yet? It's mid October and still no word from them.

does this school do silent rejections? I submitted secondary first week of July and have heard nothing :/

does this school do silent rejections? I submitted secondary first week of July and have heard nothing :/
except for a regular dose of tachycardic spam, I don't think I heard from them last year until June. So about one year of waiting to get rejected.

this year I was complete mid August. not a peep.

Reactions: 1 user

My friend got called for an interview in April last cycle so keep ur hopes up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone hear back? I was interviewed back in August and last year they sent out acceptances on Monday, October 16, 2017.

Accepted today (Old Westbury) by email! Interviewed 08/28.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted today as well from the 8/24 JB group

Accepted!!! Old Westbury, Interviewed 09/06

did anyone send a thank you email to the interviewer or a letter of intent?

Accepted yesterday at OW! Interviewed 8/24. First of the cycle and am so excited!

would it be fair to evaluate the Jonesboro campus based on the history of the OW campus? in terms of like, old matches and board trends and what not. I know they're different campuses but they share professors and i'm assuming they implemented Jonesboro to match what OW is doing?

II from OW campus!! complete sometime in late June!

does anyone know how they deal with acceptances? do they send them out in batches? or is it a sort of continuous stream with acceptances being sent as days go on? i interviewed 8/24 and i thought the interview went great. i am a nervous wreck currently. this was my only interview invite so far. i haven't heard back from any of the other schools i applied to. How does NYITCOM deal out rejections?

sGPA 3.89 MCAT 505
I heard back from my 8/24 interview on Monday.

does anyone know how they deal with acceptances? do they send them out in batches? or is it a sort of continuous stream with acceptances being sent as days go on? i interviewed 8/24 and i thought the interview went great. i am a nervous wreck currently. this was my only interview invite so far. i haven't heard back from any of the other schools i applied to. How does NYITCOM deal out rejections?

sGPA 3.89 MCAT 505

I’m in the same boat as you with similar stats, interviewed 9/20

What are the major differences between jonesboro and old westbury?

Anyone can give me some insight regarding the interview? What is the best way to prepare? And it is a traditional one-on-one interview right?

Anyone can give me some insight regarding the interview? What is the best way to prepare? And it is a traditional one-on-one interview right?
Its a 1-on-1 that last about 30 minutes. It was chill and conversational - just know the typical why DO, why NYIT, and prepare some answers to standard secondary questions - how to handle stress, conflict, etc

Just the usual advice..make sure you know your application really well and do research on the school beforehand. I would also come up with a solid list of questions (not just for the sake of asking but to actually get to know more about the school to help you make a decision if you receive multiple acceptances). I wish I asked them more about their clinical education/clerkships in 3rd year. Have answers and examples prepared for common interview questions.

Also make sure you get some sleep the night before or it could really mess you up for interview day.

Interview was traditional one-on-one, open file. Your interviewer may or may not be a physician, could be faculty w/ a PhD so be prepared to ask more broad questions.

Overall, a very low stress 20-30 minute interview.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone who interviewed on 9/13 heard back yet?
I think the individuals who heard back range from dates 8/24 to 9/11. I interviewed on 9/18 and I haven’t heard back so I believe we are the next wave.

Can those who have been accepted share their stats and how long it took from submission of II to get an interview invite? Thanks in advance and congratssss!! :)

Can those who have been accepted share their stats and how long it took from submission of II to get an interview invite? Thanks in advance and congratssss!! :)
(506, sGPA 4.0, cGPA 3.98) Was complete in early June and got the interview invite in august.