2018-2019 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know is they are still extending IIs? I've been complete since 8/8 and still haven't heard back at all. No hold or anything.

Same boat as well. I definitely would think that they are still extending IIs. Last II on this thread was scheduling into March, but it's likely that as people start getting accepted elsewhere they will start withdrawing. Also, anecdotally it appears that someone who was complete early in a previous cycle received an II in March without being put on hold. Even though we're waiting longer for news, it appears that not being put on hold for the moment is actually favorable.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Same boat as well. I definitely would think that they are still extending IIs. Last II on this thread was scheduling into March, but it's likely that as people start getting accepted elsewhere they will start withdrawing. Also, anecdotally it appears that someone who was complete early in a previous cycle received an II in March without being put on hold. Even though we're waiting longer for news, it appears that not being put on hold for the moment is actually favorable.

“Someone” did! They’re definitely still inviting, it is a painfully long cycle but this is a school where you’re not out until they tell you you’re out.

Reactions: 2 users
“Someone” did! They’re definitely still inviting, it is a painfully long cycle but this is a school where you’re not out until they tell you you’re out.

They haven't starting sending out Rs though, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
It's actually starting with 2022! =]
The class of 2022 wrote a letter petitioning for it, and the higher ups voted to change the grading system.
For those on this website who say the faculty isn’t willing to work with the students, this is proof that’s nonsense.

Random question for those who have already interviewed: I am an idiot and forgot my ID at home and am already in town for my interview tomorrow. Would a photo of my ID suffice?

Random question for those who have already interviewed: I am an idiot and forgot my ID at home and am already in town for my interview tomorrow. Would a photo of my ID suffice?

I doubt strongly that it will be a big problem, if you have a photo of it I think that will be fine.

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed last week and never had to show it so i’m sure you’re fine

Yes omg, and mine is scheduled in January. Like chill I haven’t forgotten but it’s definitely not on my radar right now lol
lol do they have an issue with people forgetting to withdraw IIs?
like every week: I get an email from them "please withdraw if you do not wish to attend your interview. pleaseeeeee"
EDIT: I am also interviewing in January. good luck :) it can't come soon enough for me... the wait is challenging sometimes

Complete 8/7 and I haven't heard anything :( Is no news good news, or does this school have a habit of doing silent rejections?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to be super annoying and anxious but has anyone who interviewed during the week of 10/15 heard anything yet? I've convinced myself that today is the day with literally no data to support that hypothesis so clearly I need to cool it lol

Sorry to be super annoying and anxious but has anyone who interviewed during the week of 10/15 heard anything yet? I've convinced myself that today is the day with literally no data to support that hypothesis so clearly I need to cool it lol
Nothing on my end yet, equally hopeful here!

Guessing decisions aren't coming today, they seemed come early in the morning for those that heard.

hey everyone! sorry if this question has been answered in the thread already, but would a current student be able to speak on the clinical experiences available in the first two years? is it incorporated into the curriculum or more of an at-will involvement? also, if i have an update like a new job, should i send before or after my interview, scheduled for 12/10?

thanks, good luck to everyone, and congrats to those accepted!

ACCEPTED today via email!! 10/15 interview, loved this school!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Waitlisted via email, crossing my fingers, I love this school!

hey everyone! sorry if this question has been answered in the thread already, but would a current student be able to speak on the clinical experiences available in the first two years? is it incorporated into the curriculum or more of an at-will involvement? also, if i have an update like a new job, should i send before or after my interview, scheduled for 12/10?

thanks, good luck to everyone, and congrats to those accepted!

It is in here somewhere. Definitely read through this year and last year’s thread for lots of good FAQ type stuff, I’ve covered almost anything you can think of at one point or another.

Clinical experience in the first two years is through structured assigned preceptorships through the Foundations of Clinical Medicine course. You’re assigned a preceptor in the community in any of several specialties and you see patients with them and practice history and physical exam. There are also numerous “at-will” clinical experiences available all the time.

Regarding the update, if you’re already invited for an interview I would say save it for afterward. They will encourage you to send updates after your interview and this way you’ll have something to report and show interest.

Just got a heart attack from their "Acceptance Protocol" email

Reactions: 3 users
Just got put on the waitlist, interviewed 10/18. Super bummed, I was really impressed by this school and hoping for an acceptance. Is there any chance of getting moved off the waitlist before April/May or do we just sit and wait?? Plan on sending a letter of rec from a doc I scribe for and an update with the volunteering I've been doing. Think its better to send the update now or hold off till spring when theres bound to be some movement???

Accepted! Interviewed on 10/15 - very impressed with this school. Incredibly grateful.

Reactions: 5 users
Just got put on the waitlist, interviewed 10/18. Super bummed, I was really impressed by this school and hoping for an acceptance. Is there any chance of getting moved off the waitlist before April/May or do we just sit and wait?? Plan on sending a letter of rec from a doc I scribe for and an update with the volunteering I've been doing. Think its better to send the update now or hold off till spring when theres bound to be some movement???

You sit and wait, unfortunately.

Look at past years’ threads, there’s a waitlist FAQ I put together that you might find helpful last app cycle.

to those who were accepted, how did you guys feel after your mmi?

Just got the R, complete in July.
I’m so sorry to hear that. Hope you get some good news at other schools. Would you mind sharing your stats and if it’s pre or post interview.

to those who were accepted, how did you guys feel after your mmi?

Hey hey, so immediately after the MMI I felt a huge kind of release as my nerves/excitement had worn off but I generally felt confident in my performance and nit-picked one or two of my responses. Every interviewer was genuinely nice and seemed like they wanted you to succeed. So that, coupled with the tour earlier in the day, left me with a really positive impression of the culture and resources at the school. Of course, up until yesterday, I've been an anxious mess. But yeah overall, felt solid.

Put on hold 11/13. Wasn't notified about it, just saw it when I was checking the portal. Does this school just automatically hold everyone or do they do rejections?

I’m just wondering, when people say complete at a date for NYMC, does it mean when the secondary was submitted or when the secondary was processed+LOR was uploaded?

I submitted my secondary 8/31 and it was processed mid to late October. So I’m just wondering if those complete on August submitted secondary in June of July.

Put on hold 11/13. Wasn't notified about it, just saw it when I was checking the portal. Does this school just automatically hold everyone or do they do rejections?

They do rejections — some came out a few days ago. They posted a few posts back with some specifics.

They do rejections — some came out a few days ago. They posted a few posts back with some specifics.

correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think anyone was rejected pre ii yet

Where did the message appear in your portal?

correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think anyone was rejected pre ii yet

that so? So that means essentially everyone who doesn't get an interview is on hold and then they reject everyone at the end?

Wondering if anybody knows if NYMC is rolling admissions or not? Doesnt say so on MSAR, but i have an interview in Feb and am wondering if i should call/email for an earlier one if possible

Wondering if anybody knows if NYMC is rolling admissions or not? Doesnt say so on MSAR, but i have an interview in Feb and am wondering if i should call/email for an earlier one if possible

They are rolling. Off the top of my head I can only think of one or two places that are not rolling actually.

They are rolling. Off the top of my head I can only think of one or two places that are not rolling actually.

Figured. Just emailed to see if I can come in for an earlier interview date.

You’ll probably be able to! They’re very accommodating.
Yeah my invite was a month ago, only available dates in February (i.e. 4 months later). So if I can interview in December/January that would be better

My app is still not on hold and I haven't heard anything, do you think it's still under review and they haven't made a decision yet? Or just forgot to change my status haha