2018-2019 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted this morning, Interviewed 3/06.

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted today!!! first of the season and couldn’t be more relieved. Interviewed 2/14

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED today as well!! this is so exciting! @21Rush12 thank you for all of your help with this whole process. do you recommend the second look day or is there another way to get a better view of the school? I know second look is sometime this week so it may be too late to sign up.

Second look is good and structured, I’d say if you want to go send an email explaining you just got accepted and are interested. They are generally very understanding and accommodating.

Congratulations! On your acceptance, you earned it!!!

Reactions: 1 users
I was accepted yesterday (first acceptance!!)! I interviewed 2/26. Very excited!

Reactions: 7 users
I don’t expect traffic rules to be affecting things at the moment, although things have changed I try to keep on top of it. There’s any number of possible reasons but I’m sure they’ll get them out ASAP! Remember, they need to seat a class just as much as you need a seat in the class!

Accepted!!!! Thank you all, specially @21Rush12 for your support and guidance. I wish all the best for you guys to get a seat this cycle.

Reactions: 2 users
This is probably me overthinking, but the wording of my waitlist email makes it seem like I have a good chance of getting off the waitlist. Anyone willing to PM me that was also waitlisted to see if we have the same waitlist email?

I say overthinking because the waitlist isnt ranked (and says as such in the email)

This is probably me overthinking, but the wording of my waitlist email makes it seem like I have a good chance of getting off the waitlist. Anyone willing to PM me that was also waitlisted to see if we have the same waitlist email?

I say overthinking because the waitlist isnt ranked (and says as such in the email)

Sent you a PM

Members don't see this ad :)
Second Look day Student Panel fyi for everyone

Reactions: 4 users
Is tomorrow the day *keyboard smash*

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back, or who were waitlisted!!! M2 here if anyone has any questions.

I recently had my volunteer supervisor offer to write me a letter of recommendation for med school. Would sending a LOR after my interview help my application?

I recently had my volunteer supervisor offer to write me a letter of recommendation for med school. Would sending a LOR after my interview help my application?

Not sure if it will help (can’t read their minds) but what the heck at this point. Just read the letter requirements on the website and see if they have a max number.

For financial aid I read that you have to take out a minimum of $58,000 in loans to be considered for a grant. Does this mean that grants aren't given until after loans are disbursed?

For financial aid I read that you have to take out a minimum of $58,000 in loans to be considered for a grant. Does this mean that grants aren't given until after loans are disbursed?

Honestly this stuff is confusing but the financial aid office (and the Dean) is amazing and super helpful if you call or email them. I had a problem as an incoming M1 with some forms and he walked me through it on the phone himself and explained everything. I recommend sending an email with your questions so you can get real useful info.

I can’t decide between neurotically checking my emails for a decision until Friday, or just waiting until next Monday

Reactions: 2 users
hello, i tried reaching the financial aid office but can't seem to get through, so wondering if any of you can answer this for me: i've read on the nymc website that the maximum amount for the federal direct unsubsidized loan is 44,944; some other articles on the aamc have said medical students can borow up to 40,500; but all the official things for the loan, like on the fafsa email i received and the master promissory note, have indicated that the max is 20,500 per year. can anyone confirm the actual maximum for me and/or link to an official, federal source? thanks in advance!!

hello, i tried reaching the financial aid office but can't seem to get through, so wondering if any of you can answer this for me: i've read on the nymc website that the maximum amount for the federal direct unsubsidized loan is 44,944; some other articles on the aamc have said medical students can borow up to 40,500; but all the official things for the loan, like on the fafsa email i received and the master promissory note, have indicated that the max is 20,500 per year. can anyone confirm the actual maximum for me and/or link to an official, federal source? thanks in advance!!

Medical students get double the 20k number. Google will find you this also but I don’t have a source for you offhand.

If you want to get to the financial aid office you may consider sending an email since today is a holiday and they’re probably not in office.

Reactions: 1 users