2018-2019 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
my current latest status:

"Your secondary application was completed by the Office of Admissions and is currently under review by the Committee on Admissions."

anyone else with the same status?

any II yet?

I have the same status. Also, I looked through last year's thread and it seems like II's didn't start coming out until late August

Members don't see this ad.

my current latest status:

"Your secondary application was completed by the Office of Admissions and is currently under review by the Committee on Admissions."

anyone else with the same status?

any II yet?

was that status shown after "A unique LOGIN ID and PASSWORD was sent to the email address listed on your AMCAS application in order for you to complete the NYMC secondary application."

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have anything in their application portal saying that their CASPer score was received? In last year's thread, under the "SECONDARY APPLICATION & ADMISSIONS COMMITTEE REVIEW" heading in the portal, people said there was a bullet point saying that CASPer was received.

Wondering if that's still the case this year and whether to worry that mine doesn't say that yet haha

Reactions: 1 user
I sent my graduate institution letters to my undergrad premed advisor to be incorporated into my UG committee letter. Does anyone know if I need to specify further under the graduate letters section the faculty I received letters from? Advice would be greatly appreciated!

Same for me. For all of my apps that I'm able, I put in a note somewhere saying "included in undergraduate committee letter". You could email in and ask, but to be perfectly honest I'm sure they'll work it out.

Does anyone know how strict the letter requirements are, such as making sure that your aamc id is included on each letter? I had some of these letters written over a year ago while i was in school and don't know if id be able to have this fixed in my letters that have already been sent out through AMCAS

Thanks!

Does anyone know how strict the letter requirements are, such as making sure that your aamc id is included on each letter? I had some of these letters written over a year ago while i was in school and don't know if id be able to have this fixed in my letters that have already been sent out through AMCAS

Thanks!

This is about having your letter identifiable to your application. You should make an effort to ensure that your letters get to your file, meaning email them to confirm and explain what you just said about the AMCAS ID.

Disclaimer — not an expert, just a random guy. Always defer to their instructions, not internet strangers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else having a problem that all of their letters have not arrived? On my status it shows that 4/6 letters have arrived but all 6 letters have been received by AMCAS and by other medical schools for a good two weeks now.

• 07/26/2018 - Your secondary application was completed by the Office of Admissions and is currently under review by the Committee on Admissions.

Anyone still stuck on a similar status? Not sure how long it takes to be under review. I've sent in all my LOR weeks ago, but I don't see them on the status page (are they supposed to show up there?)
  • 07/16/2018 - Your application fee payment or AMCAS fee waiver approval was received and your secondary application has been successfully submitted.

Anyone still stuck on a similar status? Not sure how long it takes to be under review. I've sent in all my LOR weeks ago, but I don't see them on the status page (are they supposed to show up there?)
  • 07/16/2018 - Your application fee payment or AMCAS fee waiver approval was received and your secondary application has been successfully submitted.
I would wait another week or so. It took me couple weeks for them to complete my application. I had all my letters submitted prior to my secondary submission so I would just hang on tight!

Does anyone have anything in their application portal saying that their CASPer score was received? In last year's thread, under the "SECONDARY APPLICATION & ADMISSIONS COMMITTEE REVIEW" heading in the portal, people said there was a bullet point saying that CASPer was received.

Wondering if that's still the case this year and whether to worry that mine doesn't say that yet haha

I was on hold last year and there was a section for casper being received, but this year I don't see it. Just that I am under review. Perhaps it has changed.

Where are we able to see our application status? Is it just the same link to the secondary? I'm wondering because I haven't received an email saying my app was completed yet
Yes, it is the same link as the secondary

How long from when you submitted your secondary/paid your fee did your application get marked complete on their portal? I submitted everything 4 days ago and CASPer scores are in but all I see is "Your application fee payment or AMCAS fee waiver approval was received and your secondary application has been successfully submitted."

I don't see any mention of my app being marked complete or in review.

I submitted/paid/etc on 7/17, letters sent 7/25, and there's a section on my portal under "Secondary Application & Admission Committee Review" that says:

• 07/27/2018 - Your secondary application was completed by the Office of Admissions and is currently under review by the Committee on Admissions.

However, I'm pretty sure that they don't have my Casper scores yet (none of my other schools that ask for it have them) so not too sure what's up with that?

How long from when you submitted your secondary/paid your fee did your application get marked complete on their portal? I submitted everything 4 days ago and CASPer scores are in but all I see is "Your application fee payment or AMCAS fee waiver approval was received and your secondary application has been successfully submitted."

I don't see any mention of my app being marked complete or in review.
My portal for this school finally said they got my scores sometime last week and I took the July 8 CASPer

I have a graduate committee letter that has 1 undergraduate letter within the packet. My undergrad does not offer a committee letter, and I don't have that many undergrad letters (just 1).

any advice? I have gotten conflicting answers from AdCom if it can count or not

I'm confused if my application is completed. Under letters of evaluation I see nothing even though I submitted via amcas weeks ago.

"In order to view your received evaluations your secondary application must first be processed by the Admissions Office."

I submitted my secondary weeks ago though? All I see is "A unique LOGIN ID and PASSWORD was sent to the email address listed on your AMCAS application in order for you to complete the NYMC secondary application." and that they received my caspr score.

I'm confused if my application is completed. Under letters of evaluation I see nothing even though I submitted via amcas weeks ago.

"In order to view your received evaluations your secondary application must first be processed by the Admissions Office."

I submitted my secondary weeks ago though? All I see is "A unique LOGIN ID and PASSWORD was sent to the email address listed on your AMCAS application in order for you to complete the NYMC secondary application." and that they received my caspr score.
+1

Hi all. I submitted my primary already without knowing NYMC requires a letter from your major department. In the event that I can (somehow) get a letter, do I have to resubmit the AMCAS application with that letter (making all the schools receive it) or can I just send it to NYMC somehow?

Hi all. I submitted my primary already without knowing NYMC requires a letter from your major department. In the event that I can (somehow) get a letter, do I have to resubmit the AMCAS application with that letter (making all the schools receive it) or can I just send it to NYMC somehow?

Upload to AMCAS and have them send it to the school you select. You can always choose which school to send each letter to on AMCAS.

Alternately, I believe you can have the writer send it direct to NYMC with your AMCAS ID number, but I think AMCAS letter service is preferred by almost every school.

I was able to circumvent this requirement because I graduated before 2016. If that's the case for you as well, you can waive that requirement!

Upload to AMCAS and have them send it to the school you select. You can always choose which school to send each letter to on AMCAS.

Alternately, I believe you can have the writer send it direct to NYMC with your AMCAS ID number, but I think AMCAS letter service is preferred by almost every school.

Really? So I can have AMCAS send the letter only to NYMC? Thanks!

I have a graduate committee letter that has 1 undergraduate letter within the packet. My undergrad does not offer a committee letter, and I don't have that many undergrad letters (just 1).

any advice? I have gotten conflicting answers from AdCom if it can count or not
I called the Adcom because there was no way for me to get my undergraduate letters. They told me they need the disclaimer via email that you want your grad letters to replace the requirement and you'll be good to go. But they said "you'll be seen as less competitive" because of my grad letters but I already paid the $130 so I'm forcing them to read my letters

I called the Adcom because there was no way for me to get my undergraduate letters. They told me they need the disclaimer via email that you want your grad letters to replace the requirement and you'll be good to go. But they said "you'll be seen as less competitive" because of my grad letters but I already paid the $130 so I'm forcing them to read my letters
This is so confusing. I called and they said to just put my grad school in the undergrad section so that I could move on to the next page. Honestly every time I call I get a different answer so not really expecting any luck with this school :/

This is so confusing. I called and they said to just put my grad school in the undergrad section so that I could move on to the next page. Honestly every time I call I get a different answer so not really expecting any luck with this school :/

Same thing here. With the amount of people confused about the entire LOR section, I hope they revise their portal next year to make it a little more transparent as to which letters should go where.

Man now I'm gonna be neurotically checking my portal all the time. Currently still under review though

Reactions: 2 users
Complete 7/13, still under review.

Last year when I applied I was complete around the middle of July, received the hold status in October, and sat in silence until I was rejected in April.

Last edited: