2018-2019 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I submitted my secondary, paid the fee, and sent my CASPER fee. Do they send complete emails when all items are in? On the portal it said they received everything, but doesn't say the "complete" word.

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my secondary, paid the fee, and sent my CASPER fee. Do they send complete emails when all items are in? On the portal it said they received everything, but doesn't say the "complete" word.

Same. Just says "your secondary application was successfully submitted." One of the few schools that doesn't send a confirmation email

Reactions: 1 user
I never received a complete email either. After a couple days my status just says "Your secondary application was completed by the Office of Admissions and is currently under review by the Committee on Admissions."

I've had that status since 7/20

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a question regarding the Secondary Application.

The instructions state "If you have completed or are currently pursuing a graduate degree, in addition to the undergraduate letters outlined above.....graduate premedical advisory committee OR individual graduate letters of evaluation are required."

What if I have multiple individual graduate letters of evaluation, but they are included as part of my UNDERgraduate committee letter packet? How should I fill this out?

Thanks!

i would put undergrad committee letter packet, since it is just a letter included in the overall packet.

edit// had a similar situation and that's what my premed office told me to do.

Secondary+CaspER received on 7/30, still under review. No hold yet. LizzyM 70 WARS 77 IS.

How long did it take for people to receive the message "Your secondary application was completed by the Office of Admissions and is currently under review by the Committee on Admissions."

My committee letter was submitted August 8th but it still only says "Your application fee payment or AMCAS fee waiver approval was received and your secondary application has been successfully submitted" and "In order to view your received evaluations your secondary application must first be processed by the Admissions Office." Does it take a while for them to process secondaries?

Last edited:
How long did it take for people to receive the message "Your secondary application was completed by the Office of Admissions and is currently under review by the Committee on Admissions."

My committee letter was submitted August 8th but it still only says "Your application fee payment or AMCAS fee waiver approval was received and your secondary application has been successfully submitted" and "In order to view your received evaluations your secondary application must first be processed by the Admissions Office." Does it take a while for them to download recs?
Submitted 7/12 and complete 7/18.

Just checked my portal and I’ve been on hold since 8/3. I was put under review late July. My LizzyM is ~74. Not sure what to make of this hold status. Does anyone have any insight?

My committee letter was submitted August 8th but it still only says "Your application fee payment or AMCAS fee waiver approval was received and your secondary application has been successfully submitted" and "In order to view your received evaluations your secondary application must first be processed by the Admissions Office." Does it take a while for them to process secondaries?

It took about 2 weeks for me!

Just checked my portal and I’ve been on hold since 8/3. I was put under review late July. My LizzyM is ~74. Not sure what to make of this hold status. Does anyone have any insight?

Pre interview holds tend to mean they'll likely look at you again in a couple months, from what I've seen. Post interview holds are practically a "no". With a LM 74, you're likely too strong for now and they don't want to accept you have you go somewhere for yield protection, you know?

Just a potential silver lining :)

Reactions: 2 users

Just popping in to say it could still take a while; I submitted everything 07/19 (verified 06/04 w/ letters and everything, CASPER also done in late June, other schools had definitely received the scores) but wasn't marked with that complete and under review message until 08/10. Hoping it doesn't take that long for you, but a warning that it could. All my other apps were usually complete the same day I submitted secondaries because my letters were already in, but I think this school took the longest time to complete my app. Maybe I was just unlucky lol.

I submitted 7/10 and it took until 08/03 for my letters to be marked received. My letters were already sent long before my submission on 07/10

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre interview holds tend to mean they'll likely look at you again in a couple months, from what I've seen. Post interview holds are practically a "no". With a LM 74, you're likely too strong for now and they don't want to accept you have you go somewhere for yield protection, you know?

Just a potential silver lining :)

Thanks for your reassuring words :) best of luck this cycle!

Hope i get an interview here. Would be an easy 15 minute drive and I’d rather do MMI.

II!!! LM 70 IS

Can't see any options for dates so I called admissions and they said to wait 30 min before checking the portal again

EDIT: Was able to book date ~15 min after invite came out

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
II as well, OOS & URM

Complete date: 7/18

Earliest option is Oct 9th

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! did you guys get an email or was it just on the portal?

Congrats to those invited for an interview! Reminder to hopefuls and sdn lurkers that one can be invited for an interview until around feb/march generally so stay positive. good luck!

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to those invited for an interview! Reminder to hopefuls and sdn lurkers that one can be invited for an interview until around feb/march generally so stay positive. good luck!

Yup! one of my pals who goes there now was interviewed late march, WL, but then accepted end of April.
He was ORM and very average stats... but he had a very compelling "why medicine" narrative. Just FYI to folks (like me) who would love love love to go to NYMC.

II received this am!

Can we all agree that people who post about getting an II should also post their stats/complete dates/ IS or OOS too so it’s more helpful for everyone else

Congrats to everyone who’ve gotten an II though

Reactions: 9 users
II this morning!
OOS URM
Never been to NYC. Should be fun!

II this morning! Took literally 2 hours to figure out which date to pick and like 4/5 October dates got booked up.

Edit: IS. PM for stats.

Last edited:
II! OOS (Tri-State) ~ 72-74 LM. No idea how I'm going to get there lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if NYMC is rolling admissions? Is it better to schedule as early as possible?

Can we all agree that people who post about getting an II should also post their stats/complete dates/ IS or OOS too so it’s more helpful for everyone else

Congrats to everyone who’ve gotten an II though

Complete 7/9, OOS, and LM ~70 with higher MCAT.

Does anyone know if NYMC is rolling admissions? Is it better to schedule as early as possible?
NYMC is rolling admissions and, from what I've read on here, better to schedule interviews earlier

II today around 10 AM woot woot! LM~70, WARS~80-85. App complete mid-July. :clap:

If others were complete mid July, and I was complete on 7/30, hopefully I should hear in a couple of weeks!

My friend got an II here this morning. ORM, IS, Complete 08/16, LizzyM ~ 75

II this morning too!! My first one so I'm pretty excited.
Complete on 7/10 and IS. Would love to stay close to home. Good luck everyone :)

It looks like most people who got II today are IS or oos/ urm. For the rest of us, our day will come

II here this morning! so excited! :)