2018-2019 Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are acceptance emails still outgoing or is this it?
I feel like this was probably it, at least for today, bc I also got mine right on the hour

Members don't see this ad.

Will there be another wave of acceptances then since this one seems pretty small if we're all supposed to hear back in February?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Will there be another wave of acceptances then since this one seems pretty small if we're all supposed to hear back in February?
I’m really hoping so.... I interviewed mid January and haven’t heard back yet idk if that means deferral

Welp when you're probably going to be in the 30% of interviewees who manage to get rejected...

Welp when you're probably going to be in the 30% of interviewees who manage to get rejected...

I mean there's a ton of people here who haven't heard yet haha so I'm hoping this is just the final rolling wave before the actual all or nothing wave.

Did anyone who specifically got the deferral e-mail on 1/11 get an acceptance today?

What are my actual chances of being accepted if my LM is ~72? I feel like I'm having false hope to attend a school with a high average MCAT score when my score doesn't come close

So if we were deferred early in the cycle and not accepted today, does anyone know if that’s an inevitable rejection/waitlist or do we still have a possibility of being accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if this was just like a mini wave before the larger one. There’s just seems to be a pretty large amount of people from either December/January or deferred that haven’t heard anything. With the supposed 70% acceptance rate, more of us should have gotten something. Maybe Monday there will be more??

Could be over optimistic, self-serving bias though. Haha

Looks like acceptances trickled in starting around this time last year, there wasn’t one big wave. So if this year is similar, I bet there are more decisions next week (especially since only one January interview reported hearing today)

Reactions: 1 user
I wonder if this was just like a mini wave before the larger one. There’s just seems to be a pretty large amount of people from either December/January or deferred that haven’t heard anything. With the supposed 70% acceptance rate, more of us should have gotten something. Maybe Monday there will be more??

Could be over optimistic, self-serving bias though. Haha

To go off what other people said, there seemed to be two “waves” last year. Once that occurred around Feb 14. which was primarily Jan and Dec. applicants and one a few days after with all the earlier deferred interviewees. Last year it was on the Sunday so maybe we’ll get lucky this weekend.

Thank you!!! But yup you accept the offer through the portal!
Truly psyched for you. Saw you last year all through the Baylor thread holding out till the very end. Honestly great to see you end up with an awesome T20 acceptance this time around!

Check your portal. I checked mine even though I didn't receive an email today, and the portal said that they "decided to delay until March a final decision on your application". (This is a second deferral after already being deferred back in November).

Truly psyched for you. Saw you last year all through the Baylor thread holding out till the very end. Honestly great to see you end up with an awesome T20 acceptance this time around!
Thanks so much!! It’s really been a long couple of years but things are working out. Best of luck to you as the cycle winds down!

Edit: Anyone out there reading this thread who may be looking at a reapplication cycle please feel free to PM me.

Any accepted students know if a Facebook page has been created?

Congrats to everyone who’s been accepted! Looking forward to seeing y’all at second look—I heard from previous years that it’s gonna be lit!
Any accepted students know if a Facebook page has been created?
Nah I don’t think so

Check your portal. I checked mine even though I didn't receive an email today, and the portal said that they "decided to delay until March a final decision on your application". (This is a second deferral after already being deferred back in November).

Last year people reported having that message and getting acceptances in February. I have the same messgage, but I think it’s a general message for all applicants currently on deffered status.

How many January people haven’t heard anything and don’t have a portal change?

Wondering if most of us are still in line to get some news back or if not hearing yesterday means waitlist.

Accepted yesterday and interviewed Dec. 14th!! I LOVED this place and am so excited. To everyone who hasn't heard back yet - hang in there, yours is coming!

Reactions: 4 users
I too have this "delayed to March" message in my portal. Interviewed in Nov, was deferred in Jan.

Reactions: 2 users
How many January people haven’t heard anything and don’t have a portal change?

Wondering if most of us are still in line to get some news back or if not hearing yesterday means waitlist.
Me!

Interviewed early in the cycle, deferred in November. Accepted yesterday same time as everyone else and couldn't be happier! Good luck to everyone waiting for a decision.

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed early September, deferred late November, accepted Friday night (did send a letter of continued interest) Lizzy score ~78

Last edited:
When do we think the next wave of acceptances are going to go out? I was hoping for today but alas

When do we think the next wave of acceptances are going to go out? I was hoping for today but alas

Seems like so far this year they’ve all been Fridays at 6:00. To save yourself the worry I’d just count on it being then, be it this week or next

Do we think there will be another wave of acceptances for people in the deferral pool? Seems like some people who got deferred got accepted with the Friday batch, so at this point I'm wondering if my only chance is a waitlist

Do we think there will be another wave of acceptances for people in the deferral pool? Seems like some people who got deferred got accepted with the Friday batch, so at this point I'm wondering if my only chance is a waitlist

I was deferred 1/11 after interviewing in November, and from what I recall during my interview day, Dr. Kundu said that a "select few" applicants would be selected early in November and January while the "vast majority" will be deferred and accepted later in February. Since there have been only 3 deferred applicants on SDN who were accepted on Friday, my gut tells me that there are going to be more days in February where deferred applicants are accepted since the 3 reporting on here seems to miniscule. Anybody think my logic make sense here, or is there some other information I'm missing?

I was deferred 1/11 after interviewing in November, and from what I recall during my interview day, Dr. Kundu said that a "select few" applicants would be selected early in November and January while the "vast majority" will be deferred and accepted later in February. Since there have been only 3 deferred applicants on SDN who were accepted on Friday, my gut tells me that there are going to be more days in February where deferred applicants are accepted since the 3 reporting on here seems to miniscule. Anybody think my logic make sense here, or is there some other information I'm missing?
I’d certainly like to agree with this, but worried there’s a lot of accepted people out there who haven’t posted on SDN

So only one reported acceptance from the January interviews???

Hoping this means they’re just running behind.

Reactions: 3 users
I was an early January interview and was also accepted Friday night. I wish the best of luck to everyone waiting for a decision, and I hope to meet you guys in person at Second Look!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone else still have no no change in their portal? Not sure if I'm missing something, or if it means bad news. Interviewed mid December. For those who had changes was it obvious or am missing something? Getting worried this means bad news is coming

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone else still have no no change in their portal? Not sure if I'm missing something, or if it means bad news. Interviewed mid December. For those who had changes was it obvious or am missing something? Getting worried this means bad news is coming
+1

It's likely (but not 100%) that bad news is ahead.

I agree with diesel17. I interviewed mid December and haven’t heard back. I’m jotting it down as an L. I hope I’m wrong but I feel like we would’ve been grabbed on Friday had we been accepted.

Best of luck to those still waiting!

It sounds like more of us haven't heard back from mid-December than have, so considering their post-interview acceptance rate, I think we have a good chance still.

I saw this earlier but didn't see an answer. Has anyone who had been accepted for awhile now received a second look email?