2018-2019 Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does being in holistic review mean anything? Or is it just part of the process.

Where are you guys even seeing these statuses? All I see when I log in is my payment confirmation/receipt...

Edit: Nevermind, I am dumb, lol. Figured it out.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else's "primary review box" get removed? My checklist goes from app complete --> holistic review

Reactions: 2 users
yeah exactly, maybe we got cut lmaoo
I think it's highly likely there were a lot of people calling and asking what the difference was and they got sick of it lol. They added that little disclaimer about only downloading materials on Mondays

I think it's highly likely there were a lot of people calling and asking what the difference was and they got sick of it lol. They added that little disclaimer about only downloading materials on Mondays
so i guess that settles that everyone makes it to holistic review eventually

so i guess that settles that everyone makes it to holistic review eventually
That's kinda been my theory. But I also have a feeling I will sit in holistic review for months. Couldn't find any mention of this system in last years thread so I have no idea the significance of it

Does anyone have any insight as to what they mean by educational philosophy and integrative curriculum? I've read their website and watched some of their videos, but I'm still trying to decipher what they mean.

Does anyone have any insight as to what they mean by educational philosophy and integrative curriculum? I've read their website and watched some of their videos, but I'm still trying to decipher what they mean.

If it helps I pretty much treated this as a good old fashioned "why Northwestern" essay

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone keep getting Northwestern advertisement e-mails for Master in Law/Science? My heart skips a beat every time..

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone keep getting Northwestern advertisement e-mails for Master in Law/Science? My heart skips a beat every time..

lol I do but not on my pure med school application email address so I don't get freaked. Having a separate email account was literally the best advice I got ever. No spam emails, just important emails come on that address. Its squeaky clean

lol I do but not on my pure med school application email address so I don't get freaked. Having a separate email account was literally the best advice I got ever. No spam emails, just important emails come on that address. Its squeaky clean
That's great advice!! Although I now finally have motivation to unsubscribe from all the spammy things that email me lol

Anybody know if Feinberg dislikes non-traditional students and why? I saw on their website that only 17% were non-traditional from last year, and I'm in the middle of my master's in medical sciences degree right now.

What disclaimer?

i'm a non-trad ORM, submitted & completed 7/18, CA resident.
noticed i was in holistic review last week on thursday.
received my first II from here today 7am PST!

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
I've been in "holistic review" for like 3 weeks now. lol.

I haven't even hit holistic review and its been about two weeks

I've been in "holistic review" for like 3 weeks now. lol.

Today marks 1 month for me lol. Not too worried though, UT Houston and TT Lubbock have proved to me this process is weird and sometimes complete date/stats dont correlate at all to time of II

I submitted 2 weeks ago and still am not in holistic review... Anyone else?
+1, but wondering if there are differences b/w the MSTP and the MD-only portal. I think they might be different, but I don't know :-/

+1, but wondering if there are differences b/w the MSTP and the MD-only portal. I think they might be different, but I don't know :-/

the 2 committees are totally separate at Northwestern. You cant even apply to both like you can at other schools as you are probably already well aware. So i wouldnt be surprised if the portals/messages/notification timelines arent correlated either

the 2 committees are totally separate at Northwestern. You cant even apply to both like you can at other schools as you are probably already well aware. So i wouldnt be surprised if the portals/messages/notification timelines arent correlated either
I figured as much, but obviously don't have a point of reference as I only know what the MSTP portal looks like :D

Still stuck in primary review, the holistic review box hasn't been checked and i've been complete since 7/25

Reactions: 1 user
Still stuck in primary review, the holistic review box hasn't been checked and i've been complete since 7/25
I don't know when exactly I went in holistic review but it's been weeks. I was complete 7/9

II?!?!!! This school is a far reach so idk how this is possible. OOS, LM 74

Reactions: 5 users
For those who received IIs, what dates were available/offered?

Complete 7/25, Hopefully I go into holistic review at some point early this week, they're probably getting slowed down by all the applications coming in since its mid august

Complete 7/25, Hopefully I go into holistic review at some point early this week, they're probably getting slowed down by all the applications coming in since its mid august

I feel you, been complete since 7/24 and still not in holistic review. starting to go a little crazy haha

I feel you, been complete since 7/24 and still not in holistic review. starting to go a little crazy haha
I emailed them about it, I'll let you know what they say if they respond haha

I was complete since 7/20 and not in holistic review...starting to freak out a little as well.

I emailed them about it, I'll let you know what they say if they respond haha

Yeah, please do would love to know what the deal is with the primary review/holistic review in general. Thanks so much! Hope you hear good news soon :)

Admissions office got back to me: " Once the review of your file begins, this should be indicated in the "In holistic review" checkbox on the status check page", so basically they just haven't gotten to our files yet, the box is just part of the process @swali @manofsteel9

Reactions: 4 users
Admissions office got back to me: " Once the review of your file begins, this should be indicated in the "In holistic review" checkbox on the status check page", so basically they just haven't gotten to our files yet, the box is just part of the process @swali @manofsteel9

You da boss

Just wanted to add that I've been sitting in holistic review for three weeks now so it doesn't necessarily mean that things will start moving quicker :(

Just wanted to add that I've been sitting in holistic review for three weeks now so it doesn't necessarily mean that things will start moving quicker :(
it's all a waiting game which sucks because i'm bad at waiting

Yeah I’ve been in holistic review for going on a month now... doesn’t seem like that’s a good thing haha.