2018-2019 Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah I’ve been in holistic review for going on a month now... doesn’t seem like that’s a good thing haha.
+1 lol

Members don't see this ad.

Admissions office got back to me: " Once the review of your file begins, this should be indicated in the "In holistic review" checkbox on the status check page", so basically they just haven't gotten to our files yet, the box is just part of the process @swali @manofsteel9

ty for the helpful info

Reactions: 1 user
Admissions office got back to me: " Once the review of your file begins, this should be indicated in the "In holistic review" checkbox on the status check page", so basically they just haven't gotten to our files yet, the box is just part of the process @swali @manofsteel9

Thanks a ton, appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else Been sitting in holistic review for 3 weeks+ and starting to bug out? :shrug:

Reactions: 3 users
Received an ii this morning! Complete 7/16 was in holistic review for ~2-3weeks, OOS

just submitted my secondary here today, a reach but I just love it too much not to! haha

MSTP II early this afternoon :)
Was complete 7/30.

Reactions: 5 users
For the "Feinberg School of Medicine Relationship" section in the secondary, is it worth mentioning my best friend goes there currently? Or should i just leave it out.

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats!! I see you on a lot of the same threads so low key rooting for you. complete date/holistic review date?

Thanks!! I'll let you know for sure in a few minutes when I get to my laptop. Pretty sure I was completed around 7/13 though and holistic review in the same day.

Edit: It was actually 7/12

Last edited:
Finally in holistic review! (complete 7/24) Thought I would feel better but now I just feel more nervous lol

Finally in holistic review! (complete 7/24) Thought I would feel better but now I just feel more nervous lol
That's lit, i'm complete 7/25 so hopefully i'm under review soon too

Does anyone know if Northwestern is open to "in the area" calls for interviews?

Is Northwestern flexible with rescheduling interviews, or does it have to be an emergency? I was hoping to send an ITA email to Uchicago and if it resulted in anything I'd want to reschedule northwestern to overlap.

Complete MD 7/25, still not in holistic review

Complete MD 7/25, still not in holistic review
+1 complete same day and still not in holistic review. Does everyone eventually make it on to holistic review/is there any order to who goes in holistic review first?

+1 complete same day and still not in holistic review. Does everyone eventually make it on to holistic review/is there any order to who goes in holistic review first?

Someone earlier emailed them and I'm pretty sure they said everyone goes into hollistic review. Seems to be going by complete date but not sure

Someone earlier emailed them and I'm pretty sure they said everyone goes into hollistic review. Seems to be going by complete date but not sure
yeah i did, everyone does eventually they're just going a bit slow i guess

Is it true they have >70% post interview acceptance rate? Because that is crazy high and wasn't sure if I should trust that data (found it on reddit).

@freedoctor17

From the updated US News, they interviewed 691 last year and took 533 so around 77%, that's amazing good on them for not giving false hopes lmao

Reactions: 1 users
@freedoctor17

From the updated US News, they interviewed 691 last year and took 533 so around 77%, that's amazing good on them for not giving false hopes lmao
To correct my math for HPME (24 people) and NUPSP (11 people), 498/656 = 75.9%, so still near 77% lol

Reactions: 1 users
Complete 7/9 and then in holistic review soon after. Anyone know if they will get back to us within a certain time frame or if this is just a limbo state?

Did anyone else's LORs take longer to be marked received here than your other schools?

Can anyone comment on how long the individual faculty interviews are? I read previous years thread and noticed people said they were strictly timed. I'm trying to bullet some basic things to talk about when asked "Why Northwestern" or "Why medicine" since those seem to be the only two big questions they ask and was wondering how much to talk about. I'm excited for this one as from last years thread they appear super chill!

Can anyone comment on how long the individual faculty interviews are? I read previous years thread and noticed people said they were strictly timed. I'm trying to bullet some basic things to talk about when asked "Why Northwestern" or "Why medicine" since those seem to be the only two big questions they ask and was wondering how much to talk about. I'm excited for this one as from last years thread they appear super chill!

Where are you finding this info? Last year's school-specific thread?

Where are you finding this info? Last year's school-specific thread?
on the interview feedback part of SDN and last years thread I read that they do interviews back to back so the interview is strictly times to not go over. Don't know if that still applies. People said despite this they were still laid back and felt very chill. Chill was used a lot lol

Lmao holistic review box still not checked, complete 7/25

II just now!! Am totally ecstatic! Went into hollistic review 8/15

Reactions: 5 users
II just now!! Am totally ecstatic! Went into hollistic review 8/15
litt i'm happy for you bud, remember being neurotic along with you bc of the holistic review thing, glad to see the quick turnaround

Finally in holistic review after being complete 7/19

litt i'm happy for you bud, remember being neurotic along with you bc of the holistic review thing, glad to see the quick turnaround

thanks!!! feel dumb for being so neurotic earlier but I guess that's part of the process lol. Hoping that you hear good news soon man!

Probably hit Holistic Review late yesterday, complete 7/25, fingers crossed now Feinberg would be a dream come true

Reactions: 4 users
Probably hit Holistic Review late yesterday, complete 7/25, fingers crossed now Feinberg would be a dream come true
+1 checked my portal last night and wasn't in holistic review, after seeing your post I checked again and I am now in holistic review. Relieved yet terrified!

Reactions: 2 users
+1 checked my portal last night and wasn't in holistic review, after seeing your post I checked again and I am now in holistic review. Relieved yet terrified!

Welcome to purgatory

Reactions: 10 users
How long do most people (on average, I know it varies for everyone) stay in holistic review?