2018-2019 Nova Southeastern School of Allopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted off waitlist on Friday via email.
Congrats! Hope I will be in the same boat and see you at orientation!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone that went to second look want to give any info on your experience? I am waitlisted and heavily considering attending if accepted off waitlist, although I will have to make a quick decision after April 30th since I am also accepted elsewhere. Any info would be valuable towards making the decision between schools. Feelings on Curriculum? Research commitment? Housing? Facilities? Staff? Other students? Overall impressions? ect... Would appreciate it immensely.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone that went to second look want to give any info on your experience? I am waitlisted and heavily considering attending if accepted off waitlist, although I will have to make a quick decision after April 30th since I am also accepted elsewhere. Any info would be valuable towards making the decision between schools. Feelings on Curriculum? Research commitment? Housing? Facilities? Staff? Other students? Overall impressions? ect... Would appreciate it immensely.

I was there. Feel free to message me, I’d rather talk there lol but the one thing I can say is that everyone was extremely friendly, M1s seemed super glad to be there. There is a lot of investment in the student, especially because they need the first classes to do really well. Also, since it’s brand new, there are a lot of leadership roles available and a lot of encouragement to get involved and develop your passions.

Reactions: 1 users
I was there. Feel free to message me, I’d rather talk there lol but the one thing I can say is that everyone was extremely friendly, M1s seemed super glad to be there. There is a lot of investment in the student, especially because they need the first classes to do really well. Also, since it’s brand new, there are a lot of leadership roles available and a lot of encouragement to get involved and develop your passions.
I tried to message you but I think your privacy settings don’t allow it.

Accepted off the waitlist but deciding between here and another school. Anyone know regarding financial aid and scholarships? I would go to NSU if I got a significant scholarship but need to decide quick with the 30th deadline coming up what to do...

Accepted off the waitlist but deciding between here and another school. Anyone know regarding financial aid and scholarships? I would go to NSU if I got a significant scholarship but need to decide quick with the 30th deadline coming up what to do...
Congrats

Congrats! They said they are working on it and they hope to award scholarships soon, but dont have a date yet

Withdrew my seat from this school! Hope it goes to one of y’all. Good luck!!

Anyone know when more decisions will be going out? Gotta be this week no? The waiting game is killing meeee

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know when more decisions will be going out? Gotta be this week no? The waiting game is killing meeee
The waiting is exhausting, seeing some people accepted off the waitlist recently has given me hope. The April 30th deadline is coming up, there should be more acceptances after that I believe.

Last edited:
I wonder what the numbers are currently looking like- how many people have they accepted and how many more are to come?

I wonder what the numbers are currently looking like- how many people have they accepted and how many more are to come?

As of the second day look they had already accepted about 46 and they wanted to have a class of about 53.

should keep in mind, no one knows how many of those 46 will pull their acceptances by April 30th

just got an acceptance as well! but I most probably will be withdrawing, I hope it goes to one of you lovely folks still waiting!

Reactions: 3 users
Today is a big day for all of us on the waitlist! Hopefully some spots will open up and we will get in!

Reactions: 2 users
Just withdrew with scholarship. Hope it goes to one of y’all !

During my interview earlier this year, I remember they said their teaching hospital will finish construction and open in the next year or two. Does anyone, especially those who went to the second look day, have any update regarding this info? Curious to know if class of 2023 would get to rotate there during clinical years.
I may have heard wrong, but I thought it would take 6 years to complete? Don't quote me.

During my interview earlier this year, I remember they said their teaching hospital will finish construction and open in the next year or two. Does anyone, especially those who went to the second look day, have any update regarding this info? Curious to know if class of 2023 would get to rotate there during clinical years.
During the interview I heard that it most likely will be available for the class of 2023 since construction was on schedule at that time. Your best bet is to contact the program on that topic to get an accurate answer.

During second look they said it should be done in 18 months and 3 had already gone by. So 15 months. So yes. But we all know how constructions go..........

Not necessarily, but one of us misheard it Yes hopefully someone can clarify

From what they said there’s a very good chance even the class of 22 will get to do rotations in it. But they also told us that who know if the construction will meet the deadline. I think by the time you apply and hopefully get an interview they might have more concrete info.

Does anybody have any info about more waitlist movement? Is there any deadline approaching for finalized decisions? Should I consider me not getting off the WL at this point?

So did everyone receive the email today about being moved to the alternate list and to email them to be continued to be considered?

Reactions: 3 users
Yes. Reply back if you wanted to keep being on the waitlist.

To those of us who chose to remain on the WL, do we have any idea when final decisions will be made? AMCAS has opened for the next cycle- are you guys preparing to apply again by entering everything in?? This is quite a tough spot to be in.

To those of us who chose to remain on the WL, do we have any idea when final decisions will be made? AMCAS has opened for the next cycle- are you guys preparing to apply again by entering everything in?? This is quite a tough spot to be in.
MSAR says final decisions made up to late June. Despite the wait, if I have to I will submit the re-application on June 1st.

Sorry I dont have an answer for the first part but the AAMC caries over your entire app so it shouldnt take long... But dont give up!!!!

MSAR says final decisions made up to late June. Despite the wait, if I have to I will submit the re-application on June 1st.

Will you just be doing one school to get it verified and then adding more later? What's your strategy?

Will you just be doing one school to get it verified and then adding more later? What's your strategy?
I was initially approved for the FAP program so Im redoing that. But choosing one first sounds like a good strategy, and add the rest after verification the latest.

oof I must have REALLY misheard it. Hopefully someone else can clarify...

Did you interview on January 25th? I remember the dean speaking about it and I also left with the impression that it would be available for the incoming class at some point. In hindsight, I believe the new teaching hospital was being discussed in light of innovative plans by NSU.

Did you interview on January 25th? I remember the dean speaking about it and I also left with the impression that it would be available for the incoming class at some point. In hindsight, I believe the new teaching hospital was being discussed in light of innovative plans by NSU.
No I interviewed earlier

Withdrew from the waitlist, good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Just withdrew my acceptance! Hope it goes to one of you!

The current M1 were promised it would be available to us for at least our 4th year of clinical rotations. The construction site is right behind where we have our classes, and I haven’t seen any progress yet, but they do still have 2.5 years before it is needed, so I suppose it could still be on schedule. We’ve been trying to find out but haven’t had any luck.

Also in fairness to the school the construction permits for the city of Davie can definitely cause their share of issues even if the school is doing everything right.

Such is life in a small town that has grown into a large town. But I’m excited to get to use it

Also in fairness to the school the construction permits for the city of Davie can definitely cause their share of issues even if the school is doing everything right.

Such is life in a small town that has grown into a large town. But I’m excited to get to use it

I am willing to forgive all blunders as soon as I get my acceptance ;)