2018-2019 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hoping today is the day that I call my mom crying, from what I've seen on here they usually send acceptance emails Thursday/Friday afternoons. Here's to hoping they want to get a wave out before Thanksgiving week. Interview on 11/1. Good luck everybody

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hoping today is the day that I call my mom crying, from what I've seen on here they usually send acceptance emails Thursday/Friday afternoons. Here's to hoping they want to get a wave out before Thanksgiving week. Interview on 11/1. Good luck everybody

Right there with ya. Trying to refrain from refreshing my email every five minutes at work

Right there with ya. Trying to refrain from refreshing my email every five minutes at work
Lol my work closed because of snowstorm so at about 1:30 I'll be glaring at my computer screen mashing F5. I almost wished I was working so I could pass the time

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Guys! I submitted my app early August and still haven't heard back yet. Do you guys think its worth it to give a call to check on the status of my app?
It wouldn’t hurt if you did

10/25 Interview and still quiet.

Reactions: 1 user
10/25 interview here as well, I thought it would be out by now

Looks like they're making decisions for 3-4 interview dates at the same time - most recent being 11/6 I believe. I wouldn't be surprised at this point if acceptances aren't sent out until next week

Just got the acceptance email!!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I also got the acceptance email! Woo! For those who are curious, I submitted the secondary late August, got the interview invite in late September, and interviewed on 10/25.

Reactions: 4 users
Any acceptances from the 11/6 interview date sent out?

Accepted by email just now. II was 10/25

Reactions: 3 users
No word for me :( guess that's a WL or R. Congrats to all you future docs!!

No word for me :( guess that's a WL or R. Congrats to all you future docs!!

Not necessarily! I got notified of my acceptance a day after the big wave of people from my interview day did. Keep the faith! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radio silent for me too. So I guess better start on that Mcdonald university application. Congrats guys! You’ve earned it!

Last edited:
Accepted via email this morning! II 11/1, OOS. My top choice as of now so stoked!!

Couple questions: Will our portal be updated?? And which location is everyone leaning towards, tampa or ft lauderdale?

Does anyone know if the MD and DO committees are connected or share any information? Didn't respond to an II here and am curious if it will affect my chances at the MD school

I “think” they are totally seperate.

Based on the II and speaking with admissions

Does anyone know if the MD and DO committees are connected or share any information? Didn't respond to an II here and am curious if it will affect my chances at the MD school
They are completely separate.

Accepted on Friday via email! Interviewed 10/25. So excited - it went to my spam and I thought I had been waitlisted!!

Got the pending candidate letter in September, but I still haven't heard anything back since. 513 MCAT, 3.86 GPA, Non-Trad, FL Resident, Good shadowing/ volunteering, ECs, Leadership, No obvious red flags, etc. Am I missing something here?

Got the pending candidate letter in September, but I still haven't heard anything back since. 513 MCAT, 3.86 GPA, Non-Trad, FL Resident, Good shadowing/ volunteering, ECs, Leadership, No obvious red flags, etc. Am I missing something here?

I have a 3.9 GPA with a 505 MCAT with a submission date of September 19 and I still haven't heard anything. Could be that we need to wait longer or maybe NOVA relies heavily on early submission in June. Why are you pursuing DO over MD with your stats? Im curious

I have a 3.9 GPA with a 505 MCAT with a submission date of September 19 and I still haven't heard anything. Could be that we need to wait longer or maybe NOVA relies heavily on early submission in June. Why are you pursuing DO over MD with your stats? Im curious

The bulk of my applications were for MD schools and I sprinkled in a few DOs as well. I actually interviewed at Nova MD, which is why I'm a bit confused as to why I'm basically on hold for DO.

Has anyone from the 11/8 interview heard back yet? Its been a week since people from 10/25, 11/1, and 11/6 reported that they heard back but I haven't received anything by email or snail mail yet. Just wondering if us 11/8ers are in a different boat and being selected later this month like they said, or if its just that no one from 11/8 that heard back actually reported hearing back on sdn last week.

Has anyone from the 11/8 interview heard back yet? Its been a week since people from 10/25, 11/1, and 11/6 reported that they heard back but I haven't received anything by email or snail mail yet. Just wondering if us 11/8ers are in a different boat and being selected later this month like they said, or if its just that no one from 11/8 that heard back actually reported hearing back on sdn last week.
I interviewed on 11/8 and haven’t heard back yet

Same here, but lower gpa. Not sure what's up

Accepted previously but will be declining for another acceptance, anyone know who I should e-mail to decline?

II on 10/25 but didnt hear back yet, does that mean its either a wait list or rejection?

I received a call from admissions the first week of October letting me know that my application is complete and that I'd hear back in the next 4-6 weeks. Should I call/email them or just be patient?

Just wanted to give a heads up to all that were accepted on 11/16/2018. I called to verify if the date in the acceptance letter is correct for the down-payment (seat-holding fee, etc) which states 12/17 is the due date. However, the actual due date is 12/14 as we were told during interviews. Make sure you are keeping this in mind and do not miss the payment deadline!

Got an R today, without interview, it was in my junk email