2018-2019 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got my acceptance on the 24th at like 10 PM. I interviewed the first week of janurary.

Members don't see this ad.

anyone know how common post II rejections are?

Whatever number anyone quotes here is just a hypothetical. Just go in, be sincere, smile, know your application, and talk with other folks around you. If you’re already thinking about rejection post interview, you won’t be relaxed nor confident for the actual thing.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Damn that feels high now I’m nervous
not really if you think about it more than a 50 percent change to get in. You get an intervoew that means they liked you and now want to see if your a food for for the school. be personable and smile those are things they like. oh and ask questions and be engaged :)

Reactions: 1 user
not really if you think about it more than a 50 percent change to get in. You get an intervoew that means they liked you and now want to see if your a food for for the school. be personable and smile those are things they like. oh and ask questions and be engaged :)

Yeah I already had my interview! I’m just scared now bc I think the interview itself went well but I was pretty sick that day so I know I wasn’t as animated/engaged as I normally am because I was exhausted so I really hope that didn’t ruin my chances

Anyone know when their last day of interviews is? Trying to stay hopeful still over here

Is this school receptive to pre-II updates? Sent one by email awhile ago and only just realized there was no response that it was received.

i called them and they told me i would find out next month sometime. this was when i called last month

is it true that February interviews will get a decision at the end of this week?

They know definitely which campus we're gonna be at already? I thought they don't start assigning that until middle/late march?

They assign it first come first serve, so if you’re one of the first 230 people to put a deposit down for Davie, then they should have that information. I bet they aren’t going to start going back and seeing who put their preference when in March....that would mean so many emails to go through.

Members don't see this ad :)
They assign it first come first serve, so if you’re one of the first 230 people to put a deposit down for Davie, then they should have that information. I bet they aren’t going to start going back and seeing who put their preference when in March....that would mean so many emails to go through.
They should have a speadsheet if they were smart about it lol

II today. Anyone know when the interview begins/ends during the day? Trying to figure out logistics

II today. Anyone know when the interview begins/ends during the day? Trying to figure out logistics

I believe 8-3:30 encompasses the entire visit. Just make sure to not book a flight at like 4:30-5 lol

Accepted, See you all in the fall!

Reactions: 2 users
II today! am I late to the party? only available dates are 14th, 19th, 21st, 28th of march

When I got the waitlist back in February, I never got an email, just a physical copy in the mail. Is that normal?

Also anyone new people trying to go to the new campus?

Anyone have any tips on interview day?

Know your application very well, look your best, smile, ask the dean questions after she talks during the luncheon (they told us to do that a lot), stay relaxed and just be yourself. The interview is very short and very laid back. They give you cookies before the interview :):):):):):):):). Good luck you’re gonna do great!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know if nova does merit scholarships or any related type of scholarship/aid that’s not loans

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know if nova does merit scholarships or any related type of scholarship/aid that’s not loans

I’m not sure about merit scholarships but they do have a page where they have a list of scholarships that you can apply to.

does anyone know how the interviews are conducted? 1 on 1? group? also, what is "practical experience" on the agenda they give you for the interview?

I’m not sure about merit scholarships but they do have a page where they have a list of scholarships that you can apply to.

There are those and some additional ones from alumni throughout the year. Some do require a minimum GPA.

does anyone know how the interviews are conducted? 1 on 1? group? also, what is "practical experience" on the agenda they give you for the interview?

It’s mostly 2 on 1 interviews although I know some people only had one interviewer. They’re are about 15 minutes long. Not entirely sure what you mean by practical experience?

There are those and some additional ones from alumni throughout the year. Some do require a minimum GPA.

The ones from alumni do you also apply for them through the scholarship page? Thanks for the info!

So I know Nova has its own teaching hospital and I believe it is now open. Does anyone know why on their website Nova lists many hospitals throughtout Florida and a couple outside of Florida for their core clinical rotation sites?

edit: So is the hospital actually open or is it only a free standing ER right now?

It’s mostly 2 on 1 interviews although I know some people only had one interviewer. They’re are about 15 minutes long. Not entirely sure what you mean by practical experience?

EUQ1f4a

Attachments

• agendanova.PNG
    agendanova.PNG
    131.2 KB · Views: 105

Ok if I’m not mistaken that’s the tour they give you of the medical school which includes classrooms, the simulation room where they have the mannequins and they show you how they work, the anatomy lab (not inside but where it is), etc. The students also give you an Osteopathic technique demonstration which I thought was pretty cool. The campus tour is where they take you in a shuttle to go see the dorms, the student center and the library and it’s after lunch.

Have an interview coming up and would greatly appreciate it if any current students can help answer a couple of questions that I have. DM me!

So I know Nova has its own teaching hospital and I believe it is now open. Does anyone know why on their website Nova lists many hospitals throughtout Florida and a couple outside of Florida for their core clinical rotation sites?

edit: So is the hospital actually open or is it only a free standing ER right now?
not open yet my friend. being built

It’s still just a free-standing ER right now. It’s in the works to be built into a hospital in partnership between NSU and HCA. As far as I know it will have some of the MD students rotating there once it opens.

Has anyone that has been accepted at NSUCOM have been admitted to matriculate at the Clearwater campus?