2018-2019 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Of course I get/missed a phone call from them while I was hiking in the mountains with no service earlier today.

Members don't see this ad.

Of course I get/missed a phone call from them while I was hiking in the mountains with no service earlier today.
Omg !!!!!
Did they leave a vm? Who cares if not call on Monday!!! Good luck

Omg !!!!!
Did they leave a vm? Who cares if not call on Monday!!! Good luck
Yep they left a voicemail saying to call them back ASAP. All I can do is call back on Monday.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know where I can find the calendar for 2019-2020? I want to see the schedule for holidays/ summer and winter break

Forgot to reply. Yes I have . I was accepted the day after the call! Heads up, the acceptance letter said the $2,000 deposit was due by the next day.
Congrats!!!!!!!!! How long till you got the letter? They called me Friday so hoping I hear Monday or Tuesday :/

I say 0.01% chance. I’m in all the Facebook groups for the incoming class, and there is already a very long internal wait list of accepted/deposited students wanting to switch from Clearwater to Davie.

To each their own, but I’m in Clearwater now because I’ll be starting rotations at Largo (which was my 1st choice core site!) July 1st and I’m much happier here. Also it’s a brand new facility. Also the faculty and staff are being evenly split, and Dr. Johnson is coming over as the associate dean overseeing the campus and he rocks.
In Terms of assigning for rotations do they take in consideration people with families. Let’s say would they allow you to stay close to Clearwater if you have kids in school or a spouse working in the area like some schools do? Or is it purely Lottery and there is nothing you can do about it?

In Terms of assigning for rotations do they take in consideration people with families. Let’s say would they allow you to stay close to Clearwater if you have kids in school or a spouse working in the area like some schools do? Or is it purely Lottery and there is nothing you can do about it?
They said in the interview families get top pick so there is less hardship on them.

Hey guys they call me Friday from admission office to see if i was still available or have accepted from the other three school i have been wait listed schools. I told i am looking forward to be accepted by them and still intend to go their if accepted. I hope to get accepted next week. Just updating you guys. Wish everyone good luck.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys they call me Friday from admission office to see if i was still available or have accepted from the other three school i have been wait listed schools. I told i am looking forward to be accepted by them and still intend to go their if accepted. I hope to get accepted next week. Just updating you guys. Wish everyone good luck.
Good luck - I got that call Friday too and so did someone else on here! I hope it’s good news and not just fact finding :(

Members don't see this ad :)
They said in the interview families get top pick so there is less hardship on them.

This isn’t quite right unless they change it in the future... fellows (OPP and research fellows) get their outright pick first, then everyone is put into a general lottery that determines your order, you get assigned to your top ranked choice that isn’t full, then you get a week you can switch with each other voluntarily, and then after that there is a week of appeals to the dean in which family will be taken into consideration, but only if they can accommodate you. They won’t bump someone from their assigned core site for your appeal.

I got Largo outright in the lottery, a couple people switched in/out, and then a couple more were added during the appeal process.

Reactions: 1 user
In case that wasn’t clear, the lottery is for the ORDER of assignment, not the ROTATION SITE. So everyone gets to submit a list of their ranked preferences, and you get the top one that is still available when your name comes up in the list.

I was in the middle of the class order by lottery number and got my top choice.

• Love
This isn’t quite right unless they change it in the future... fellows (OPP and research fellows) get their outright pick first, then everyone is put into a general lottery that determines your order, you get assigned to your top ranked choice that isn’t full, then you get a week you can switch with each other voluntarily, and then after that there is a week of appeals to the dean in which family will be taken into consideration, but only if they can accommodate you. They won’t bump someone from their assigned core site for your appeal.

I got Largo outright in the lottery, a couple people switched in/out, and then a couple more were added during the appeal process.
Thank you for explaining :)

In case that wasn’t clear, the lottery is for the ORDER of assignment, not the ROTATION SITE. So everyone gets to submit a list of their ranked preferences, and you get the top one that is still available when your name comes up in the list.

I was in the middle of the class order by lottery number and got my top choice.
During interview day the admission counselor said that there is preference for students with families in regards to rotation location.

During interview day the admission counselor said that there is preference for students with families in regards to rotation location.

Okay you can listen to someone who is removed from clinical placements and has a vague understanding of the process and/or is directly referring to the appeal process which does account for family....

Reactions: 2 users
Okay you can listen to someone who is removed from clinical placements and has a vague understanding of the process and/or is directly referring to the appeal process which does account for family....
I think I’d go with the student in the midst of it

They explicitly said that people with family have higher consideration for location.

Anyone going to the final interview received a confirmation email?

Did you call?? Keep us posted
Hoping to to hear something anything
The admissions counselor didn't pick up. I had to leave a voicemail. I left an email over the weekend explaining why I couldn't pick up on Friday. Sorry I can't tell you any more.

How is everyone doing patiently waiting for a follow up call from Friday! Acccck

The admissions counselor didn't pick up. I had to leave a voicemail. I left an email over the weekend explaining why I couldn't pick up on Friday. Sorry I can't tell you any more.
Im
Sure it good news ! You’ll hear from them

i hope we all get that wonderful call soon. Post if you do. I know 3 of us got the are you interested call on Friday... now crickets
Post if you hear something

i hope we all get that wonderful call soon. Post if you do. I know 3 of us got the are you interested call on Friday... now crickets
Post if you hear something
Just got a call back from Mr. Sliba asking me about my status with other schools and wondering if I'm still interested in Nova. He said he will go ahead and "update my application status." Good thing he caught me on my way to the airport before I have to fly back home.

Congrats everyone on all of the acceptances! That's so exciting!
Does anyone know if the clearwater campus is giving any tours?

Just got a call back from Mr. Sliba asking me about my status with other schools and wondering if I'm still interested in Nova. He said he will go ahead and "update my application status." Good thing he caught me on my way to the airport before I have to fly back home.
Lucky! they caught me the day after I signed my lease in a different state LOL

• Wow

Have you been updating them frequently ? Any stats you wouldnt mind sharing ?

[QUOTE="FloridaSunsetsDoes anyone know if the clearwater campus is giving any tours?[/QUOTE]It still has not completed construction.

Exactly what he said to me.... is this good or a fact finding mission?? :(

For accepted students - do we have to send our transcripts? Because it says on the acceptance letter but I'm not completely sure

For accepted students - do we have to send our transcripts? Because it says on the acceptance letter but I'm not completely sure

Yes. Send a final official transcript after it reflects all completed coursework and earned degrees. People that hadn’t completed everything including this were flagged at our orientation sign-in.

I was told no updates were needed if no changes have been made to your transcript. This was the case for me, since I finished my undergrad before applying. If this wasn’t the case, I assume you need to send your final transcripts.

Does anyone know the attendance policy for the Clearwater campus? I know labs are mandatory but I’m not sure about what percentage of lecture is mandatory/if any is mandatory besides tests for sure. can anyone elaborate?

Does anyone know the attendance policy for the Clearwater campus? I know labs are mandatory but I’m not sure about what percentage of lecture is mandatory/if any is mandatory besides tests for sure. can anyone elaborate?
Not positive but the M1 who gave my group tour said he almost never goes to lecture because he’s a night owl. He said he mostly watches the lectures at night and does his studying then.

My guess is most lectures don’t have attendance unless it’s a lab, clinics, an exam, or OPP.

Hey guys any update by anyone on wait list since last call from Admission office on last Friday. Please post if anyone get accepted from wait list. I am still waiting.

The only classes that are not mandatory are the actual lectures. Histology lab, OPP lab and I believe lecture as well, physician diagnosis and anatomy lab are mandatory. Although I’m not 100% sure on anatomy lab since some MBS students were saying we won’t need to dissect anymore. That’s all we know

Interviewed today and was told the class is currently full.

• Wow
Interviewed today and was told the class is currently full.
So wait, you interviewed but they told you the class is full? Does that mean you interviewed for a waitlist spot? Jesus :/

@Drmom96 Nope, they mentioned several time that both campuses has been full for awhile.

Damn, approaching July and classes is supposed to start soon. Good thing I reapplied but this process is stressful just waiting.

Last years thread most of the waitlist movement is in June.

Damn, approaching July and classes is supposed to start soon. Good thing I reapplied but this process is stressful just waiting.

Last years thread most of the waitlist movement is in June.
Me tooooooo
Did they call you last Friday?
I didn’t reapply yet
Thinking of doing a MS