2018-2019 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
After I submitted my secondary, I got an email from NSU that had my secondary attached to it as a pdf. Is that their “complete” email or should I expect another email saying they have all my materials and my apps complete?

Members don't see this ad.

After I submitted my secondary, I got an email from NSU that had my secondary attached to it as a pdf. Is that their “complete” email or should I expect another email saying they have all my materials and my apps complete?
Most people got calls saying you’re complete or missing something

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My app was verified a week ago but I haven’t received a secondary - should I be worried??

My app was verified a week ago but I haven’t received a secondary - should I be worried??
I believe the screening is pretty lenient, so most people will get secondaries. I would probably give it another week as I'm sure you will get one soon.

II on Aug 30. Anyone else with that interview date? Or anybody know of an interview thread?

just got a call today that my app is complete after finishing the secondary like 2 weeks ago. they said 4-5 weeks for review of app.

How do we know if we are even under review?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in the same boat as several other people. Got the call verifying that my application is under review on 6/21, along with an email containing the PDF of my application. I did miss a call today from a Fort Lauderdale, FL phone number when I was at work, and they didn't leave any voicemail. Unfortunately when I called the number back I realized it was spam from some cruise company letting me know that I "won a free cruise" and trying to sign me up for a time-share. :( I thought for a minute it was my II

Reactions: 1 user
I am in the same boat as several other people. Got the call verifying that my application is under review on 6/21, along with an email containing the PDF of my application. I did miss a call today from a Fort Lauderdale, FL phone number when I was at work, and they didn't leave any voicemail. Unfortunately when I called the number back I realized it was spam from some cruise company letting me know that I "won a free cruise" and trying to sign me up for a time-share. :( I thought for a minute it was my II

Where was the cruise going? haha

When did you get the PDF email/what did it say? I got the under review call on the 21st as well, but I never received the email with the PDF

When did you get the PDF email/what did it say? I got the under review call on the 21st as well, but I never received the email with the PDF
It was on 6/21 and was pretty nonspecific. "Thank you for your recent submission of a web admissions application to Nova Southeastern University (NSU). NSU, renowned for innovation and quality in both traditional and distance education, is the largest not-for-profit private institution in Florida. We are dedicated to providing high-quality educational programs of distinction from pre-school through the doctoral and professional levels, as well as service to the community.

Attached to this email is a secured copy (electronic version) of your web admissions application for your records. To open this document you must utilize your date of birth (example: January 26, 1991 = 01261991). Should you have any questions about opening this application, please call the NSU Computing Help Desk at (954) 262-HELP (4357) or 800-541-6682 ext. 24357 during the following hours of operation"

Anyone with an Interview in August looking to split a hotel or Air BnB?

Not one of your interviews... Yet... lol

Anyone with an Interview in August looking to split a hotel or Air BnB?

If you read the interview email, it looks like they have deals with local hotels. I'm staying at the Hampton Hotel. I called to make a reservation and it was only about $90 for a night. Not bad at all!

does this school not check off MCAT scores in you have a pending score? Application has been complete for weeks but they won't update that they received my original MCAT score. Haven't had any issue with this at MSUCOM or other schools.

Interviewing here in a few weeks... anyone have any suggestions on what to expect? Or if theres anything new to the school that would be important to ask about??

Interviews will be held in the terry building.
You will either interview first or do a tour.
You will be interviewed by two interviewers.
Ask about the nearby hospital center that is opening nearby.
Ask about the collaborative efforts between the new md school and the do program.

sGPA 2.97...I received a Secondary invitation, but I'm pretty sure they send them to all. Then I went looking for their "minimum academic requirements" for admission and noticed that cGPA and sGPA both have to be at least 3.0...since my cGPA is above a 3.0 but my sGPA is below...am I hosed? Or should I still apply? Nervous...

sGPA 2.97...I received a Secondary invitation, but I'm pretty sure they send them to all. Then I went looking for their "minimum academic requirements" for admission and noticed that cGPA and sGPA both have to be at least 3.0...since my cGPA is above a 3.0 but my sGPA is below...am I hosed? Or should I still apply? Nervous...

If you received one then play along and send it back. But you probably need to do a postbac my man. A 2.97 sGPA will likely set your application on fire.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hi guys is there a character limit for the questions in the secondary application? I don't see anything on the webpage.

It has been six weeks since I have submitted my secondary... should I reach out?

I submitted mine on 6/19 and also have not heard anything as well.
yeah and the nova webstar has no information on updating status or anything so idk what to do ): I have gotten other interviews but I really want to go to south florida lol

What do they usually do with regard to interviews? Im nervous I didn’t put enough info in the secondary. I would love to go here. I submitted it in mid June as well and haven’t heard a thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I emailed them to see what's up, will keep y'all posted

Reactions: 6 users
I'm locked out of my account and can't reset my password until tomorrow. Could anyone post the secondary prompts?

Is there a word limit on the prompts?
I'm locked out of my account and can't reset my password until tomorrow. Could anyone post the secondary prompts?
I got these but can someone please verify the word count??

How did you learn about osteopathic medicine?

If you were employed during the regular school year (excluding summers) while in undergraduate or graduate school, please list dates of employment beginning with your current position along with title or job description, level of responsibility, and number of hours per week.

List and briefly describe your significant health care-related volunteer activities since graduation from high school.

Is there a word limit on the prompts?
I got these but can someone please verify the word count??

How did you learn about osteopathic medicine?

If you were employed during the regular school year (excluding summers) while in undergraduate or graduate school, please list dates of employment beginning with your current position along with title or job description, level of responsibility, and number of hours per week.

List and briefly describe your significant health care-related volunteer activities since graduation from high school.

Thanks so much!

II received today! Got it after business hours so I was surprised! Haha

Reactions: 2 users
Nah dawg, looks like the admissions office is MIA lol
still no reply? it seems like a large group of people has been complete for around 7 weeks at this point, myself included, but I just feel like its odd because they gave a specific time frame (4-5 weeks)