2018-2019 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats! When were you complete?
I was complete on 7/13, so I ended up getting a decision a little earlier than the 4-6 week time period they told me on their call

Members don't see this ad.

Does anybody know what the interview format is for Nova? T - one week!

Just got the call from admissions that my application is complete and will be reviewed within 4-6 weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here. Wish I knew what their process was.

Reactions: 1 user
Are they promising you guys a disposition in 4-6 weeks? Or just a review? Because I’m thinking it’s the latter and you shouldn’t be on the edge of your seat.

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck to anyone interviewing tomorrow!

Anyone interviewing on the 16th (Thursday) want to meet up on Wednesday to explore the area with me? PM me.

If anybody has previously interviewed here or has any information on these interviews, it would be greatly appreciated. Please message me! Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad :)
II and OOS! I'm so excited! Any tips are appreciated!

Reactions: 1 users
Interviews are usually conducted with two faculty members.
Review your application and why DO and you should be good to go.

For those that interviewed today, I hope it went well for you! Anyone willing to share their recent interview experiences to enrich the knowledge of those who have upcoming interviews. Thank you so much!

For those that interviewed today, I hope it went well for you! Anyone willing to share their recent interview experiences to enrich the knowledge of those who have upcoming interviews. Thank you so much!

We did a brief overview of the day and then got split into two groups. One interviewed then went on a tour, the other went on a tour then interviewed, so be ready to interview when you get there. Everyone was done interviewing by 11. The rest of the day was presentations and a campus tour. Overall, I thought it was a great experience. All of the interviewers seemed very nice and welcoming. About a 10 to 20 minute interview with 2 faculty present.

Nothing too crazy. sGPA ~3.6, MCAT 506, various ECs both clinical and non clinical. Healthcare work experience > 1 year full time. Strong interest in primary care.

Sent from my iPhone

Do they send rejection emails or silent reject? I am going on 2 months since I submitted secondary

Reactions: 2 users
Yes, I am actually! Haha. I went to UNC-Chapel Hill for undergrad. Do you have any connections to NC or the Lumbee community? that's awesome
I am also Lumbee but was born and raised in Michigan. Also, I have a lot of Locklear cousins haha. I'm actually going down to Pembroke in a few weeks to shadow Dr. Bell at Pembroke Pediatrics.

when is the interview? I want to have some idea when the next wave of interviews will be.

Any advice for someone who submitted the secondary without writing responses in essay form? I only wrote 2 sentences for the first question about how I learned about osteopathic medicine.
Should I try to submit another secondary?

I am also Lumbee but was born and raised in Michigan. Also, I have a lot of Locklear cousins haha. I'm actually going down to Pembroke in a few weeks to shadow Dr. Bell at Pembroke Pediatrics.
Awesome! I used to be a patient there LOL. Small world. Good luck!

Any advice for someone who submitted the secondary without writing responses in essay form? I only wrote 2 sentences for the first question about how I learned about osteopathic medicine.
Should I try to submit another secondary?

I did not write in essay form & just got an II. I think you’re fine

Anyone know how many are interviewed versus how many are accepted? Thanks!

I don't understand what you are saying. You did not write your responses in essay form on the secondary? What do you mean by "just got an II"?
you mean you just got an interview? please clarify, thanks.

Sorry, I am unfamiliar with the terminology here. Does II mean interview? Also what are your stats?

Sorry, I am unfamiliar with the terminology here. Does II mean interview? Also what are your stats?
Not the person but since I’m up and in the thread, on SDN II=Interview Invite.

The other part of their post was in response to someone concerned about not writing their secondary answers in essay form. They are trying to reassure that person that they also did not and still received an II.

Not the person but since I’m up and in the thread, on SDN II=Interview Invite.

The other part of their post was in response to someone concerned about not writing their secondary answers in essay form. They are trying to reassure that person that they also did not and still received an II.
Yea thanks. I was the one who they were responding to.

I definitely had to look up what II meant a few weeks ago when I joined SDN too :)

3.9 GPA & 507 MCAT

II last night!!!!

Hang tight everyone, mine was completely out of the blue

Reactions: 5 users
So I got an II friday evening and the only available date now is Sept 27th. I already have an interview scheduled that day at another school. Does anyone know how flexible the admission's office is in squeezing you into other interview dates?

Also advice for anyone who receives an II and does not have a flexible schedule: schedule your interview as soon as you get the email. It's amazing how quickly dates get filled up!

II on Friday, 504 MCAT, 3.95 GPA, OOS. Interviewing either Sep 20 or 27th

So I got an II friday evening and the only available date now is Sept 27th. I already have an interview scheduled that day at another school. Does anyone know how flexible the admission's office is in squeezing you into other interview dates?

I'm calling them tomorrow to see if they will open any spots up in Oct or Nov since I'm completely booked in Sep w other interviews