2018-2019 NYU School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

So should I bring extra shoes for the tour than what I normally wear with my suit? Or is the outside portion quick enough that I will be okay in pumps? Sorry if these are dumb questions!

Members don't see this ad.

So should I bring extra shoes for the tour than what I normally wear with my suit? Or is the outside portion quick enough that I will be okay in pumps? Sorry if these are dumb questions!
Definitely not a dumb question! It's pretty cold in NYC right now. You're not outside for a very long time but enough that you better bring a coat. I remember for my specific tour we walked to the dorms that were a few blocks away. I am curious if they'll switch up the tour a bit knowing the weather is getting bad here!

Accepted!!
Complete: August 6th
Interview: October 4th

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you!!! I received the hold email 2 weeks ago and just found out a few hours ago!
Amazing! Also on hold and interviewed around the same time as you. Will keep hoping hehe congrats tho, that’s seriously awesone

Reactions: 1 user
II today (11/27), secondary complete 11/15. Happy surprise! Only one date available, and is in mid Dec.

Reactions: 10 users
sorry to be that person but does NYU like thank you emails/should we send them to the general adcom email? my last two brain cells had died by the end of the MMI so i don't remember what the Dean said ;_;

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else who interviewed mid-to-late October still in silence? No hold email, no rejection, no acceptance.

Any MSTP applicants hear back yet? I’ve heard they offer the first wave of acceptances in late November.

Reactions: 1 users
sorry to be that person but does NYU like thank you emails/should we send them to the general adcom email? my last two brain cells had died by the end of the MMI so i don't remember what the Dean said ;_;

;)

Dean Rivera said that you can upload general thank you letters to the portal, and that hand-written letters are a nice touch but people have overdone it in the past

So they extended the 3-year MD pathway application. And it seems like the interview season is extended too.

Makes sense they’re still working through all the applications. Sometimes it’s just nice to know someone else is in the same boat as you.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that there will be no more IIs at this point. This is based on the mid-October email that said, "...our interview season will now extend through mid December, so you should expect to hear from us no later than the end of November if you are granted an interview."

Kinda stings because this is only one of two schools that offers a 3 year PhD-to-MD program. Oh well.

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed this week. Dean Riviera said they’d given out 48 acceptances and would accept approximately 100
Thanks for the update! Much appreciated and best of luck to you :’)

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone have an idea of what interview dates they are at in notifying people of their decisions?

Hello everyone, is there anyone who was put on hold Pre-II and get an interview yet? They said we would get some news at the end of November but I haven't heard back.

Reactions: 6 users
Hello everyone, is there anyone who was put on hold Pre-II and get an interview yet? They said we would get some news at the end of November but I haven't heard back.
They said that if we were getting an II, we'd hear by the end of November, so I'm anticipating the worst here.

Reactions: 1 users
Also just rejected after getting pre-II hold on 10/26, submitted 8/7. That free tuition was just too good to be true :dead: Good luck to everyone else!

Pre-II rejection. Complete the day after they made their big announcment lol. Good luck to everyone!

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

+1 on that R after being on hold pre-II, good to luck to everyone else!!

Also just rejected after getting pre-II hold on 10/26, submitted 8/7. That free tuition was just too good to be true :dead: Good luck to everyone else!
+1 crushing student debt

Long-time lurker here--thought I'd finally give something back! Received my acceptance call this afternoon!

Interviewed the last week of September. Put on hold during the first week of November.

524, 3.97

:)

Reactions: 5 users
Lol. This incoming NYU class is going to break MSAR next year

Reactions: 17 users
Just got a waitlist email after interviewing a few weeks ago... I've got a 3.98/523 but I'm guessing this isn't a great sign. What do y'all think?