2018-2019 NYU School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Glad I found people just like me...
I want to do a little of my own stalking...but how did you find out who is a member of the group?
I'm in the group

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys! Congrats to all of you who have gotten accepted and good luck to the rest of you waiting! I just wanted to clarify the difference between the two Facebook groups. One group is run by current students where accepted applicants can ask us any questions that you may have (no admissions people there to see what you're asking, so feel free to ask anything). The other group is run by the Office of Admissions—they post about upcoming in-person and digital events for all accepted students to tune into.

As always, if you guys have any questions, feel free to reach out!

Hi guys! Congrats to all of you who have gotten accepted and good luck to the rest of you waiting! I just wanted to clarify the difference between the two Facebook groups. One group is run by current students where accepted applicants can ask us any questions that you may have (no admissions people there to see what you're asking, so feel free to ask anything). The other group is run by the Office of Admissions—they post about upcoming in-person and digital events for all accepted students to tune into.

As always, if you guys have any questions, feel free to reach out!
Do you guys know if there are any more direct acceptances going out? Or will it be strictly wait list from now on?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In class-->gets call from 212 area code-->bolts out of my seat and runs into the hallway shaking with excitement-->answers the phone with an enthusiastic "hello?!?!"-->spam call....

Can they put us out of our misery yet?

In class-->gets call from 212 area code-->bolts out of my seat and runs into the hallway shaking with excitement-->answers the phone with an enthusiastic "hello?!?!"-->spam call....

Can they put us out of our misery yet?

I can do you one better

Be me, 2 days ago
Phone call 212 area code
“Hi is this Tenzing2018” *heart racing*
Me:“Yes”
“This is [name] from NYU health”
*has mini stroke* remembers my dr. Is associated with NYU.
“Do you want to make an appointment..”

*Dies*

Reactions: 4 users
Ok. So there have been 2 tweets in the last week about acceptances going out but it has been silence on here. Does anyone know of anyone accepted in the last week? I don’t think I’ve seen anything on here.

I can do you one better

Be me, 2 days ago
Phone call 212 area code
“Hi is this Tenzing2018” *heart racing*
Me:“Yes”
“This is [name] from NYU health”
*has mini stroke* remembers my dr. Is associated with NYU.
“Do you want to make an appointment..”

*Dies*
Dang...you really do have me beat. I would sue for medical malpractice

Reactions: 2 users
The admitted face book group count seems to be going up though

Damn, we missed our opportunity to make a list of everyone's name in the group before the new acceptances were sent out. Then we could see who joined, and cross reference them to usernames on SDN or see if they are current NYU students already.

/s

Any more acceptances/rejections/waitlist notifications? Havent heard anything since interview mid Nov

Any more acceptances/rejections/waitlist notifications? Havent heard anything since interview mid Nov
This thread's been pretty quiet but everyone who was deferred is supposed to hear back this month, so there will probably be large waves of rejections and wait lists this week or next. Maybe a few acceptances too

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)

It's gotta be coming within the next 2 weeks unless they decide to delay again.

This thread's been pretty quiet but everyone who was deferred is supposed to hear back this month, so there will probably be large waves of rejections and wait lists this week or next. Maybe a few acceptances too
It's going to get real wild in here soon.

All decisions coming tomorrow! Can't wait for this juicy, fresh R straight from Dean Riviera

Reactions: 5 users
Is it safe to assume that if we haven't gotten a call by now, all decisions that go out tomorrow will be either waitlists or rejections?

Is it safe to assume that if we haven't gotten a call by now, all decisions that go out tomorrow will be either waitlists or rejections?
It's safe to assume that at best only a small handful of acceptances are left to go out tomorrow and there are plenty of us left, so while ALL decisions may not be WL/R, the vast majority will be. The real question at this point is how many they're going to WL

whatever happens tomorrow, it's been a pleasure folks

Based on Dean Rivera's numbers, about 400 people are about to be hit with that fat R tomorrow all at once. Ladies and gentlemen, it's been a pleasure riding this ship with you. Like the Titantic band, I will keep playing as the ship is sinking.

Calm down guys... this isn't the red wedding, this isn't the end of the world, it's the end of the universe!

I think it'll be more like the explosion of wildfire than the red wedding. It's all gonna be over in an instant.

Well remember guys, you can always try again for Residency.

Well remember guys, you can always try again for Residency.

Nah man, I applied to the 3-year MD pathway, if I get the R, I'm taking this as an R for both medical school and residency.

Common Thanos just snap your finger already...

And...here...we...go...

nah, it'd simply be med school R
correct.
The residency directors are not getting the fast-track applications until AFTER a particular student is accepted. And since most of the residencies are only accepting at most one student, most students who come off the waitlist will not be considered, as the residency PD's in each specialty will be likely making their final decisions before non-rolling March acceptances at HYPCC, etc. Of course, if one of these fast-track accepted students decides to go elsewhere, then a spot could open up in NYU fast-track programs. (Unlikely, but there will be superhero-type applicants who will hear in March from the non-rolling schools, and get financial aid and merit packages elsewhere that might make the NYU tuition deal moot. And someone with entire support system in another city, with a very good fin aid package in that city, might sanely choose that school over NYU).

409E8716-CE4C-4617-94E7-14C60BEC22EB.png

This thread right now:^^^

correct.
The residency directors are not getting the fast-track applications until AFTER a particular student is accepted. And since most of the residencies are only accepting at most one student, most students who come off the waitlist will not be considered, as the residency PD's in each specialty will be likely making their final decisions before non-rolling March acceptances at HYPCC, etc. Of course, if one of these fast-track accepted students decides to go elsewhere, then a spot could open up in NYU fast-track programs. (Unlikely, but there will be superhero-type applicants who will hear in March from the non-rolling schools, and get financial aid and merit packages elsewhere that might make the NYU tuition deal moot. And someone with entire support system in another city, with a very good fin aid package in that city, might sanely choose that school over NYU).

Lolol sorry if I wasn’t clear, I didn’t mean it literally. Was just joking. Also, there is an option to enter the 3-year MD after first year so you’re not shut out even if your the last one to get in off waitlist

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Really hoping I don't get any emails from NYU today lol

Anything yet?
I find that whenever one group of people has to give another group of people bad news, Friday afternoons are usually the time of choice. That way the bearers of bad news can go home and enjoy the weekend while the unhappy recipients have a weekend to calm down and begin to move on..

Almost flipped out seeing the letters "NY" in an email but it was from NYITCOM.. please end this already

Common Thanos just snap your finger already...

Dean Rivera I don’t feel so good....
I find that whenever one group of people has to give another group of people bad news, Friday afternoons are usually the time of choice. That way the bearers of bad news can go home and enjoy the weekend while the unhappy recipients have a weekend to calm down and begin to move on..

NYU’s pre-II mass rejection happened on a Friday evening, so I expect the same here