freedoctor17

2+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical, Medical Student (Accepted)
I had 4 missed calls last night from a new york number while I was asleep. Trying not to get my hopes up but 4 missed calls makes me think it's not spam. Didnt get a voice mail though ans the callback isn't working.

Reactions: here2help

freedoctor17

2+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical, Medical Student (Accepted)
He said he calls multiple times and doesn't leave a voicemail so as to not give away the surprise. Also he'd rather talk to the accepted applicant personally than just leave a voicemail
Can I private message you the number to see if it's the same one that called you? Had 4 missed calls from an nyc number but for some reason i can't call back and this is gonna be driving me crazy all day if i don't find out lol

Edit: got it answered by someone, looks like it wasn't the same number. Only applied to one other new York school and they don't reply until next month so no sure what it was haha

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2018
Just asked an admitted friend- there are 94 people on the FB group. Accounting for those who were accepted but don’t have a Facebook account/didn’t join the group, I’m guessing they’ve accepted over 100 at this point, meaning they’ve filled their class. I forget if the dean mentioned what their expected yield is this year.
A sizable chunk of that is mstp, I would imagine there are still a good amount of md spots to be offered

Reactions: StanleyYelnats
Dec 20, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Does the 94 not include any current students?
Can’t imagine it’d be more than like 5 student ambassadors? If that. Wonder why they haven’t updated their twitter to indicate when the last round of acceptances will go out.

diazonium

2+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2015
Just asked an admitted friend- there are 94 people on the FB group. Accounting for those who were accepted but don’t have a Facebook account/didn’t join the group, I’m guessing they’ve accepted over 100 at this point, meaning they’ve filled their class. I forget if the dean mentioned what their expected yield is this year.
I think the expected yield is around 60%, according to previous posts. But again, the dean did say that they have no idea how many people would actually matriculate from the original acceptances. Assuming that 60% yield is accurate, I would say that approximately 150 acceptances would go out in total

Mar 17, 2018
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Medical Student
Can’t imagine it’d be more than like 5 student ambassadors? If that. Wonder why they haven’t updated their twitter to indicate when the last round of acceptances will go out.
lol the other student groups I've seen actually have like a majority current students and much smalller number of accepted students. So its not impossible to have a large chunk of them being current students

stickflip723

I wanna grow up to be a debaser
2+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2016
Status
lol the other student groups I've seen actually have like a majority current students and much smalller number of accepted students. So its not impossible to have a large chunk of them being current students
*ahem* not that I'm obsessively fb stalking people (that would be weird, ha..ha....) but I bet like 10-15 are current students. Lot's of people wearing NYU white coats in their photos.

I'm not weird you're weird

Mar 17, 2018
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Medical Student
*ahem* not that I'm obsessively fb stalking people (that would be weird, ha..ha....) but I bet like 10-15 are current students. Lot's of people wearing NYU white coats in their photos.

thanks dude your the best

Dec 20, 2018
Status
The majority of the 100 people in that group aren’t going to be current students lol. Thanks for the info @stickflip723!

Oct 16, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Can someone do a quick gender count of the admitted students in the FB group? I want to know if guys or girls have a better chance at getting admitted at this point
Good idea! Might as well split it up into a chart with race, age, gender, SES level, location, section of medicine they want to go into, height, attractiveness, personality, and writing skills while we're at it

Dec 20, 2018
Status
Can someone do a quick gender count of the admitted students in the FB group? I want to know if guys or girls have a better chance at getting admitted at this point

NAH I’m joking. Y’all are crazy
Ya lol it’s nuts to want to know how many people they’ve accepted so far. No wait, it’s not.

Aug 23, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical

Glad I found people just like me...
I want to do a little of my own stalking...but how did you find out who is a member of the group?

Aug 14, 2017
Status
Medical Student
Hi guys! Congrats to all of you who have gotten accepted and good luck to the rest of you waiting! I just wanted to clarify the difference between the two Facebook groups. One group is run by current students where accepted applicants can ask us any questions that you may have (no admissions people there to see what you're asking, so feel free to ask anything). The other group is run by the Office of Admissions—they post about upcoming in-person and digital events for all accepted students to tune into.

As always, if you guys have any questions, feel free to reach out!

Sep 18, 2018
Hi guys! Congrats to all of you who have gotten accepted and good luck to the rest of you waiting! I just wanted to clarify the difference between the two Facebook groups. One group is run by current students where accepted applicants can ask us any questions that you may have (no admissions people there to see what you're asking, so feel free to ask anything). The other group is run by the Office of Admissions—they post about upcoming in-person and digital events for all accepted students to tune into.

As always, if you guys have any questions, feel free to reach out!
Do you guys know if there are any more direct acceptances going out? Or will it be strictly wait list from now on?

Tenzing2017

2+ Year Member
Nov 17, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
In class-->gets call from 212 area code-->bolts out of my seat and runs into the hallway shaking with excitement-->answers the phone with an enthusiastic "hello?!?!"-->spam call....

Can they put us out of our misery yet?
I can do you one better

Be me, 2 days ago
Phone call 212 area code
“Hi is this Tenzing2018” *heart racing*
Me:“Yes”
“This is [name] from NYU health”
*has mini stroke* remembers my dr. Is associated with NYU.
“Do you want to make an appointment..”

*Dies*

Dec 14, 2018
Ok. So there have been 2 tweets in the last week about acceptances going out but it has been silence on here. Does anyone know of anyone accepted in the last week? I don’t think I’ve seen anything on here.

Jun 5, 2018
Is it safe to assume that if we haven't gotten a call by now, all decisions that go out tomorrow will be either waitlists or rejections?

Mar 6, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Is it safe to assume that if we haven't gotten a call by now, all decisions that go out tomorrow will be either waitlists or rejections?
It's safe to assume that at best only a small handful of acceptances are left to go out tomorrow and there are plenty of us left, so while ALL decisions may not be WL/R, the vast majority will be. The real question at this point is how many they're going to WL