2018-2019 Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete August 18th! OOS (CA, fml )
Ahhh they are reviewing OOS in August. Lol I guess I'll be hearing something sooner than I expected.
Hey, OUWB may have given you an R, but keep your head up. Not sure if you heard from other schools yet, but all it takes it one school to give you an offer.
It's almost Dec and I've only gotten an MD II (from literally a very low yield school) last week. I'm heartbroken but got to keep pushing. The cycle ain't over until it's over.

Reactions: 1 users
Ahhh they are reviewing OOS in August. Lol I guess I'll be hearing something sooner than I expected.
Hey, OUWB may have given you an R, but keep your head up. Not sure if you heard from other schools yet, but all it takes it one school to give you an offer.
It's almost Dec and I've only gotten an MD II (from literally a very low yield school) last week. I'm heartbroken but got to keep pushing. The cycle ain't over until it's over.

Thank you for the kind words :) I'm pretty much in the same boat as you ( 1 II, thank god though, I'm super grateful). We got this haha

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
In-State Applicant
GPA: 4.0
MCAT: 521
Application Complete: 8/28/2018
Interview Invite: 11/29/2018 at 5:16PM via Email
Interview Date Selection: Thursday, 12/13/2018

12/13 was the only date selectable in December; there were two open in January but I can no longer see what they were...

Reactions: 3 users
II today via email. IS, non-trad. Only dates left are Jan 10 & 18 as well as some dates in Feb.

Reactions: 2 users
I think we're well past the point where complete date matters tbqh! I'm pretty sure they're not going sequentially anymore, just picking the candidates they want.
And sending out rejections while they’re at it? Why not just leave everyone on radio silence and then mass reject. Or better yet, if they’re going out of order, why not take a quick glance at a recently submitted app that they “know” they don’t like and send a rejection ASAP. Someone has to be looking at these rejected apps right?

It doesn’t hurt to ask and know, but to each their own.
Thanks for your input.

On the side note, do you happen to know if anyone completed in September get a II?

Last edited:
II, LizzyM 70

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And sending out rejections while they’re at it? Why not just leave everyone on radio silence and then mass reject. Or better yet, if they’re going out of order, why not take a quick glance at a recently submitted app that they “know” they don’t like and send a rejection ASAP. Someone has to be looking at these rejected apps right?

It doesn’t hurt to ask and know, but to each their own.
Thanks for your input.

On the side note, do you happen to know if anyone completed in September get a II?

I'm a reapplicant and if they still do things the same way, they continuously re-review all applicants every few weeks, sending out rejections along the way. This is a "no news is good news" school.

Speaking as someone who has been through this before, trying to figure out where exactly you stand in their process is a very quick path to insanity. It really does hurt to ask and speculate- this whole thing is long, hard, and crazymaking. Take care of yourself and good luck!

What is the best airport to arrive for OUWB? Anyone have tips for transportation to and from the airport?

What is the best airport to arrive for OUWB? Anyone have tips for transportation to and from the airport?
Detroit Metro Airport (DTW) and renting a car from the airport would probably be your cheapest option. You can usually get for as low as $14 a day, whereas Lyft would cost you about $60 each ride.

Last edited:
Detroit Metro Airport (DTW) and renting a car from the airport would probably be your cheapest option. You can usually get for as low as $14 a day, whereas Lyft would cost you about $60 each ride.

Yes I agree with this but keep in mind that that traffic is horrendous especially during rush hour on the weekdays after 4pm. There is a lot of construction on the freeways which doesn't make it any better so keep transit time in mind when scheduling your flights and give yourself enough time to get to the airport safely and comfortably. Also, be prepared for snow. I was there early this month and it randomly started snowing to everyone's amazement. Good luck!

$14/day !?!?! cheapest I could find was $38 with vet discount

Uber cost me $40 on the way there the morning before and on the way back the night of my interview, Lyft cost $60. I think the prices went up in the evening. I was expecting the ride to be really expensive based on the thread but it wasn’t to bad!

Last edited:
Any 11/9 interviewers still waiting on a decision?

Is this school receptive to updates pre ii?

Currently M1 here... I think they are receptive to updates. Last year I submitted an update in December, after ~ 4.5 months of crickets, then got the II invite in January, maybe it took them that long to re-review my app.

Just got a call that I was accepted! Interviewed 11/9! Best of luck everyone!!

accepted after being on waitlist for a week lol interviewed 10/26 best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 6 users
accepted after being on waitlist for a week lol interviewed 10/26 best of luck to everyone!

congrats! that makes things more exciting for us waitlisted here haha. what time did you receive the call? curious how late they stay in the office for

II this morning... OOS. Mid-Jan dates.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if Oakland is receptive to Letters of Interest for waitlisted candidates? Couldn't find much about it on the website

Does anyone know if Oakland is receptive to Letters of Interest for waitlisted candidates? Couldn't find much about it on the website
I'm not quite sure what impact it has, but I believe some students in the past have written Letters Of Intent and have been admitted. I'm in the same boat, and will likely write a letter in the new year when there is movement happening.

I was accepted but at interview day one of the students mentioned to wait till March/April to send letters of intent

Seemed fairly large i'd say at least 35? I remember in the morning there were many people and the bus was full
Does anyone know how many spots there are at each interview day?