2018-2019 Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Big R just now, LM~70, complete beginning September

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for responding. I wish you the best of luck on the remaining months of this cycle. All it takes is one school II and acceptance! If you haven’t received an II already, remain hopeful as the cycle ain’t over yet!

Reactions: 1 users
Rejected at 3 PM today. Complete end of July, OOS, LM 68

Woah they’re still reviewing apps from July?
well... i was complete on 7/22.. but I still haven't heard anything from this school; no ii, hold or rejection lol

Reactions: 1 user
well... i was complete on 7/22.. but I still haven't heard anything from this school; no ii, hold or rejection lol
Silence is the worst....I honestly rather hear about an R... than complete silence...

Woah they’re still reviewing apps from July?

Yup! And they’re not the only school either - I was complete at all schools end of July/early August and there’s still a ton that haven’t gotten back to me yet

Members don't see this ad :)
Silence is the worst....I honestly rather hear about an R... than complete silence...
They def don't go in rigid chronological order, so silence isn't bad. Hell of the schools I applied to, only two seem to order applications strictly by date of submission

Last edited:
They def don't go in rigid chronological order, so silence isn't bad. Hell of the schools I applied to, only two seem to order applications strictly by date of submission
Do you mind to share what are those two schools you referred to which go through school strictly by date? Thank you!

Do you mind to share what are those two schools you referred to which go through school strictly by date? Thank you!
Pitt and maybe USC. But they'll let you know real fast if they're not interested.

Last edited:
Anyone have any info on merit-based scholarships? I know some people were told about their scholarship with their acceptance call, but is that always the case? I thought I recalled them saying at the interview that scholarship info could come at any time. I was accepted, but wasn't told anything about scholarships with that call so I'm wondering if there's still a chance I could get one.

Anyone have any info on merit-based scholarships? I know some people were told about their scholarship with their acceptance call, but is that always the case? I thought I recalled them saying at the interview that scholarship info could come at any time. I was accepted, but wasn't told anything about scholarships with that call so I'm wondering if there's still a chance I could get one.
+1

I was accepted on Oct 15 and received my scholarship award call on Nov 1. Not sure how often the scholarship committee meets .

Reactions: 2 users
Just woke up from a nap to find an R from oakland rip

Reactions: 4 users
Pre II guillotine about an hour ago. Complete 08/14

I’m thinking I’m going to hear back with an pre II decision next week. Will be preparing myself.

Accepted last week but forgot to post. I loved the school and its in a great area!

I think tomorrow will be another wave of II or rejections.

I am waitlisted for either Tier 1 or 2. Does anyone know the stats/probability of acceptance after being waitlisted? Seems like from talking to the med students at the interview "no news is good news" but I would like to have a better understanding..

I am waitlisted for either Tier 1 or 2. Does anyone know the stats/probability of acceptance after being waitlisted? Seems like from talking to the med students at the interview "no news is good news" but I would like to have a better understanding..
Unfortunately there is no obvious answer. Some people have been taken off the waitlist in as soon as a week while others may have to wait until March or April when deposits are due to see the most amount of movement.

Accepted today as well
Interviewed 12/7

Does anyone know when the scholarship committee meets next?

Reactions: 2 users