2018-2019 Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What are your stats? Did you send an update?

My LM score is about 67-68 I believe. I sent a transcript update awhile ago. I wanted to send another update and LOI too, but they got to me before I could :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are there any upcoming interviews in February ? Trying to figure out how many interviews they have left to do

Yeah I logged in pretty much right away and only saw March 1st and 8th. Their website says that the interview season goes through 3/8 so I'm figuring that's probably the last one.

Yeah, it looks like this could have been from spots that people dropped. When did you schedule for?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow congrats guys! You give hope to us who've been left on silent!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone have the matching list for 2017 and 2018 in numbers? On their website, I found the pictures of M4 and where each one is going but I'm trying to find a document that shows total number for each specialty instead of me calculating them one by one

Does anyone have the matching list for 2017 and 2018 in numbers? On their website, I found the pictures of M4 and where each one is going but I'm trying to find a document that shows total number for each specialty instead of me calculating them one by one

I remember reading a post on the number of the specialties matched into either in this thread or the prior. Not sure where. You should skim through the old posts.

Reactions: 1 users
OUWB does not tabulate match results in the way you're describing, but here is the list I made from last year (which hopefully is correct since it was literally just me going through the match list one by one lol). Don't have one from 2017.

That’s the one I read

Reactions: 1 user
OUWB does not tabulate match results in the way you're describing, but here is the list I made from last year (which hopefully is correct since it was literally just me going through the match list one by one lol). Don't have one from 2017.
Thank you for the help! I was about to do the same so I appreciate you doing that :D

im curious as to approximately how many acceptances they made so far. anyone on the fb page can share the number of members? i understand it will probably be an underestimate

Depends on the state of your origin, in our state, it's listed on the DMV website that if it's for school, we are not required to register or declare it with our insurer. I have also worked with my insurance company and told them about it so they know.

Michigan is a no-fault insurance state (which is why it's high), meaning if you get into an accident, it's the other person's car insurance's problem, not yours. So you only need to work with your insurance to cover for your own car's damage.

You can look up this topic up on sdn. Residents, med students, we all do it when we move to places we don't see ourselves living longer than 4 years. But if you don't want to do that, you are welcome to buy it here and pay MI insurance. I'm just telling others it's possible and exactly what the last class has taught us + personal experience/ research because I never want to break the law.

Current MS2 here. I did not change my insurance/license over because it is more expensive in MI and honestly I don't know if I will end up in MI for residency so for me it wasn't worth the effort. I know of classmates that did and others that didn't. Some that didn't change it over from their homestate and have had car troubles haven't complained about having OOS insurance, so doesn't make me more inclined to switch.

Honestly, my only complaint with not changing it is that some bars will think I have a fake (there's one place in particular that the same bouncer will look up my address to quiz me on major roads). But again not worth changing everything in my own opinion, just a nuisance.

Reactions: 3 users
Also looking forward to meeting some of you tomorrow at interview day!

This is my first time on here for a while, but feel free to message me general questions about OUWB, about being an URM, etc. I'll try to respond within a decent time; but studying so no promises.

Finally officially following this thread!
Excited to visit campus and meet some of you all tomorrow! :)

Can't wait to hear back, whatever the result is I'm glad to hear that we should hear back by end of Feb and OUWB doesn't do silent rejections

Reactions: 5 users
im curious as to approximately how many acceptances they made so far. anyone on the fb page can share the number of members? i understand it will probably be an underestimate
119! Some are current med students at OUWB though.

119! Some are current med students at OUWB though.

Thank you! I see it’s close to the classroom size of 123. I know OU is closed for spring break until the 25th (ik stupid timing), so they probably have 2 or 3 more interview days left.

Can't wait to hear back, whatever the result is I'm glad to hear that we should hear back by end of Feb and OUWB doesn't do silent rejections
Am I missing something here?? Did they send out an email saying they're deciding who to accept/reject by the end of the month?

Am I missing something here?? Did they send out an email saying they're deciding who to accept/reject by the end of the month?
Someone called the office and was told they'd hear back by the end of the month

March 1 and 8 remain. They also accept around 250 total I think.

I think that 250 is the aggregate of all acceptances up until start of classes, including those who withdraw and those that come off the waitlist.

I think that 250 is the aggregate of all acceptances up until start of classes, including those who withdraw and those that come off the waitlist.
Do you happen to know how big the waitlist is? Like how many ppl are on tier 1 & tier 2. Also Do you know if all of tier 1 is offered a seat prior to tier 2? I feel like that should be the case but previous forums have suggested that’s not always true

Do you happen to know how big the waitlist is? Like how many ppl are on tier 1 & tier 2. Also Do you know if all of tier 1 is offered a seat prior to tier 2? I feel like that should be the case but previous forums have suggested that’s not always true

Nope. I’ve read in previous forums that tier 1 is 60 people, according to a phone call someone made to admissions. It would make sense for tier 1 to be accepted first before 2 but like you said that wasn’t the case in previously. The real question I’m wondering is how many people they’ve accepted so far, or plan to accept by the end of interviews. That will tell a lot about how much the waitlist will move since we know they accept on average 200ish according to their meeting minute for one of the previous years

Just got the call ACCEPTED! Interviewed Feb 9! Love this place.

Reactions: 4 users
accepted today. interviewed 2/8

Reactions: 4 users
Ahh congrats all! I hope that is me in a few weeks ;)

II today. Last two interview days are March 1st and 8th. I am so happy to get an interview here! I went to OU my freshman year. So excited :)

Reactions: 2 users