2018-2019 Ohio State University College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any IS applicant still waiting on an II?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+4 Is it just me or are Ohio schools slower than usual this year? IS and completed late July but still waiting on OSU, Toledo, Case, and Cincinnati lol.

Members don't see this ad.

+4 Is it just me or are Ohio schools slower than usual this year? IS and completed late July but still waiting on OSU, Toledo, Case, and Cincinnati lol.
+5 but I haven’t been complete for very long so there’s that. ‍ If you look at the post interview acceptance rates, they have about 5 times as many OOS applications to get through as IS for roughly half as many spots in the class. The good news is that IS applicants have about a 67% chance of admission if they get an interview.

Did your guys's Vitals page update after your interview? I interviewed last week but my Vitals page is still as it was when I was invited to interview--i.e. saying Congrats, giving interview information, and scheduling options.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did your guys's Vitals page update after your interview? I interviewed last week but my Vitals page is still as it was when I was invited to interview--i.e. saying Congrats, giving interview information, and scheduling options.
It will stay like that all the way up to your decision.

CHECK YOUR PORTAL!! Just checked and saw an II. No idea how long it's been there, I got no email and nothing in my spam folder.

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, when were you complete? Also what date ranges are they currently offering?
I was complete 7/12, LM 80 OOS. They gave me a date at the end of October and did not give me a choice

Thanks! I was complete right around the same time, but IS. This is reassuring that they're still sending IIs for July apps.
I was complete the first day and silence so far. Also IS and hopefully they show some love for their UG students.

Members don't see this ad :)
CHECK YOUR PORTAL!! Just checked and saw an II. No idea how long it's been there, I got no email and nothing in my spam folder.
Update I just now got the II email so I’m thinking I just happened to check the portal right when it updated to give me the invite! Really jumped the gun there lol

Reactions: 1 users
Update I just now got the II email so I’m thinking I just happened to check the portal right when it updated to give me the invite! Really jumped the gun there lol
I check my portal 3 times a day but it always looks the same. Did anyone notice any changes at any point under the Evaluations tab? I was wondering if there is a way to tell if anyone has looked at your app yet.

Accepted through the portal on Oct 15th! Lmao kinda surprised there was no call and their email just said application status change lolol

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted via portal on October 15th. Interviewed on Oct 1st. No call

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if there is a Facebook page or something like that for accepted students?

Ugh I accidentally wiped my flash drive they gave us on interview day (formatted it by mistake before copying the files over) with all the info in it. Would anyone be able to pm me the files? Or should I just email them and ask for it?

Has anyone who's been accepted paid the $25 acceptance fee yet? Is there a deadline for this fee or should we do it as soon as possible?

Has anyone who's been accepted paid the $25 acceptance fee yet? Is there a deadline for this fee or should we do it as soon as possible?

I have yet to get the email saying I need to pay it? How long after getting accepted did it take for you to get it?

Yes. My MCAT is lower than the average, though. Not sure what they are screening at. Anyone have any ideas?
The only thing I have seen in terms of a screen is a 500 MCAT but I think that is to get the secondary?

The only thing I have seen in terms of a screen is a 500 MCAT but I think that is to get the secondary?
They have a 492 MCAT cut off for a secondary application, that is all that I know of.

I was complete the first day and silence so far. Also IS and hopefully they show some love for their UG students.
Hey guys, current M1 at OSU here. Thought I'd comment here to ease some of your concerns about not getting an II yet. Out of our current first year class ~50/200 were OSU undergrads and many of us didn't interview until later in the cycle. I've heard that as the cycle progresses, interview groups tend to become a little more IS heavy also. Good luck and although I know it's impossible, try your best to stay patient! If you have any questions, feel free to message me!

Reactions: 4 users
II just now! ORM, complete 8/29, LM 80 with low GPA/high MCAT, OOS but parents live IS.

Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys, current M1 at OSU here. Thought I'd comment here to ease some of your concerns about not getting an II yet. Out of our current first year class ~50/200 were OSU undergrads and many of us didn't interview until later in the cycle. I've heard that as the cycle progresses, interview groups tend to become a little more IS heavy also. Good luck and although I know it's impossible, try your best to stay patient! If you have any questions, feel free to message me!
I assumed a lot of OSU students are put on "standby" in case there are last minute slots that open up. I know a couple people who got their IIS less than a week before the date

Completed early July, still waiting for II. OOS

Has anyone who's been accepted received the email or gotten the official letter in the mail?

Sent from my LG-H811 using SDN mobile

Has anyone who's been accepted received the email or gotten the official letter in the mail?

Sent from my LG-H811 using SDN mobile

I have gotten neither. Just the very initial email that told me to check my vitals portal for a status update (back on Oct 15)

IS applicant; won't be surprised if no II until after winter break; lots of IS II last January and February

IS applicant; won't be surprised if no II until after winter break; lots of IS II last January and February
They seem to be similar to uMich (idk about other schools) where they have a low % of IS IIs early then hand more out as it gets closer to the end of the cycle

I know they interview through March and hold a couple spots for strong but late applicants. I think they have had more OOS interviews than IS so far though. If you have the stats to break through, go for it.

Ok thanks
I'm assuming you've already submitted a primary and secondary somewhere so you will be a reapplicant anyway. If you haven't applied anywhere yet, I would wait it out another year. People warned me not to submit in September and I didn't listen. I've gotten a bunch of silence so far, too, so they were probably right. I'm trying to not to worry until the turkey and pie is in front of me.

I'm assuming you've already submitted a primary and secondary somewhere so you will be a reapplicant anyway. If you haven't applied anywhere yet, I would wait it out another year. People warned me not to submit in September and I didn't listen. I've gotten a bunch of silence so far, too, so they were probably right. I'm trying to not to worry until the turkey and pie is in front of me.

Makes me imagine every worried premed entering dismay in unison, as they stare at their thanksgiving meal.

I'm a bit confused by the $25 fee -- it says it's for enrollment, so we don't do it until April, right?

Anyone know if there are soft/silent R's here? I would rather just have the band-aid ripped off and move on with my life than be neurotic for the next 5 months.

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone know if there are soft/silent R's here? I would rather just have the band-aid ripped off and move on with my life than be neurotic for the next 5 months.
they dont reject until they are done with interviews.

Reactions: 2 users