2018-2019 Ohio State University College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II earlier today! LM 74, IS, complete 8/21

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an invite for an II this Wednesday at last minute, and I was wondering if anyone has any hotel recommendations?

Reactions: 1 user
I just got an invite for an II this Wednesday at last minute, and I was wondering if anyone has any hotel recommendations?

Varsity Inn South has a lot of medical applicants stay there. Not a five star but close and you can even walk if the weather is nice.

accepted by phone just now! was told I’d hear tomorrow of my status, but I love a good surprise!

Reactions: 1 users
Anytime after getting accepted still not get the email with more info... I don't want to call since I'm sure theyret busy but it did say a few days only on the initial acceptance email and it's been like 3 weeks.

Anytime after getting accepted still not get the email with more info... I don't want to call since I'm sure theyret busy but it did say a few days only on the initial acceptance email and it's been like 3 weeks.
I'm in the same boat. The portal said a few days until a more detailed email and two weeks until the letter came in the mail. I haven't gotten either so far...Someone mentioned they were finalizing the letter, so hoping to hear something this week!

Sent from my LG-H811 using SDN mobile

I'm in the same boat. The portal said a few days until a more detailed email and two weeks until the letter came in the mail. I haven't gotten either so far...Someone mentioned they were finalizing the letter, so hoping to hear something this week!

Yeah hopefully we get it soon, I wanna fill out my financial aid info soon as possible and hopefully get some sort of idea of how much id be paying soon

Deferred today :/ does anyone know if they are receptive to LOIs?

Anyone else get an email saying they're currently revising our offer letter to include new amcas rules so itlli be a bit longer before it arrives? I know some people said theythey theirs already so that's just confusing me a bit since ifI expect them all to be the same but with the name changed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else get an email saying they're currently revising our offer letter to include new amcas rules so itlli be a bit longer before it arrives? I know some people said theythey theirs already so that's just confusing me a bit since ifI expect them all to be the same but with the name changed.
I got the same email saying the letter is taking longer to put together but that we should hear back soon!

*When you send an application update and in your email to refer to The Ohio State School of Medicine."

But it's College of Medicine. S.O.S

I also got that email. I don't think it's anything bad, they probably just decided at some point that revising the letter to include that info would be helpful both to us and to them!

Anybody know when they will make a Facebook group for the class of 2023?

IS, UG here, still waiting on an II with high stats and solid EC's. This is my top choice and I was hoping to already be accepted by now. Anyone else in the same boat/starting to sweat as Thanksgiving approaches?

IS, UG here, still waiting on an II with high stats and solid EC's. This is my top choice and I was hoping to already be accepted by now. Anyone else in the same boat/starting to sweat as Thanksgiving approaches?

YES. IS, LM 78, complete end of july and still nothing :/ heard back from all other ohio schools, don't know what's going on with OSU, one of my top choices as well

This x 100000000

YES. IS, LM 78, complete end of july and still nothing :/ heard back from all other ohio schools, don't know what's going on with OSU, one of my top choices as well
Not sure if this is true for OSU, but at UMich a lot of excellent IS applicants haven’t heard back yet because they extend most of the earliest II’s to OS applicants in order to give them time to plan for travel. But then again, I’m OS at OSU and while I wouldn’t call myself the most amazing applicant ever, I haven’t heard anything yet either.

That's me too! I'm kinda getting very anxious!

SAME. glad i'm not the only one.

+1 but not high stats. Currently work at the med center. I think they send a lot more IS interviews after new years

Did anyone else get an invite to apply to their MEDPATH postbacc program?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

A bit neurotic here, but when they give you the date of your admissions result, what time does the result come out on the portal, on the off chance that I don't get a phone call? Is it midnight EST or sometime during the day?

A bit neurotic here, but when they give you the date of your admissions result, what time does the result come out on the portal, on the off chance that I don't get a phone call? Is it midnight EST or sometime during the day?
Dr. Capers has been known to call people in the middle of the night

I got a call at 6pm that I missed because of a meeting, and my portal didn't update until 7am the next day as far as i know (definitely wasn't marked accepted yet when i checked a billion times the night of the call)

Did anyone else get an invite to apply to their MEDPATH postbacc program?

I got invited to that as well, not applying though because I already have a few acceptances. Best of luck!

When you say you were invited to apply do you mean through vitals? I believe the intial email stating qualification for the program is automated but if your vitals changes that means they’ve selected you to apply

When you say you were invited to apply do you mean through vitals? I believe the intial email stating qualification for the program is automated but if your vitals changes that means they’ve selected you to apply
I never got an email but I’m not URM which the program requires so it might be automated to those who self-identify as disadvantaged

Yeah my entire vitals front page changed and now I have an application to fill out under the evaluations tab.

Just got the acceptance call! Interviewed late October, the call came a day early

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted! Interviewed early November.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah my entire vitals front page changed and now I have an application to fill out under the evaluations tab.

You should apply! I've heard it's a great program. Any IS applicants received IIs lately?

Was recently accepted here (interviewed early November)- does anyone know what confirming the acceptance means? I'm still waiting to hear back from a ton of schools so I'm not 100% sure I'm going here yet.
just means you'll still consider them. Like if you got accepted somewhere else you know you would go to over OSU it would be helpful for them if you just withdrew. Confirming it isn't binding or anything.

Ah okay! Is there any sort of deadline to do this by? And when do we find out financial aid offers as that would be a huge part of my decision? I didn't get anything besides the phone call from Dr. Capers a few days ago.

not sure about the financial aid thing. I think scholarships will go out with the award letters when they're finally sent? Honestly not sure though.

For the acceptance thing, i think standard time given is usually 2 weeks. I'd say accept it for now and you can always withdraw later if you get accepted somewhere else you would rather go.

Probably set back because of the holiday and they also schedule 2 weeks out and may not interview during winter break (which is coming up soon for them)

Same... around when did you submit your secondary?
I submitted early july and still nothing as well. Tho I have heard from a lot of people that they interview more IS people later so who knows

I submitted early july and still nothing as well. Tho I have heard from a lot of people that they interview more IS people later so who knows

Ew... applied early Sept. Not sure whether to feel better or worse about this now... lmao. On the one hand I'm not as worried about not hearing back; on the other, it may be that much longer before they get to me in the pile...