2018-2019 Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine (Athens, Ohio)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got a secondary from here yesterday!

Members don't see this ad.

Does this school give everyone a secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my secondary on 7/29 but still haven't gotten a "completed" email yet! everything is on AACOMAS though

Has anyone gotten a completed email?

Ok, I submitted my at the beginning of August. The portal says there will be a checklist for your letters and MCAT scores. I have looked through the entire portal and do not see said checklist.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, I submitted my at the beginning of August. The portal says there will be a checklist for your letters and MCAT scores. I have looked through the entire portal and do not see said checklist.
Me too! I emailed them today with this problem and asked if I was missing anything and got a response saying "Apps are still being processed and if you are missing anything we will let you know by email immediately"

Me too! I emailed them today with this problem and asked if I was missing anything and got a response saying "Apps are still being processed and if you are missing anything we will let you know by email immediately"
OK, this makes me feel better since I have not got an email saying anything is missing. They are probably just swamped.

Hello guys,
I'm OOS and I don't anything about the campuses. Is there anything important, I can mention in my campus essays for Cleveland and Dublin?? I watched the videos and they look the same to me.

Hello guys,
I'm OOS and I don't anything about the campuses. Is there anything important, I can mention in my campus essays for Cleveland and Dublin?? I watched the videos and they look the same to me.
There's plenty to talk about. Each city has their unique psychosocial and environmental health challenges. Research each city in depth, and see what kind of population you would like to serve as a physician.

Last edited:
There's plenty to talk about. Each city has theur unique psychosocial and environmental health challenges. Research each city in depth, and see what kind of population you would like to serve as a physician.
Thanks for the info!

Out of all three campuses which is the best in terms of residency options and resources? I’m stuck thinking it’s between the Athens and Cleveland campuses but I could be wrong

I'm doing it even if I'm OOS. There's an exemption to the contract you can apply for if you're accepted and they allow you to.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile
Do they usually accept ppl who want to be exempted from the contract? If they do, do you know if they usually agree to letting admitted OOS students be exempted?

Do they usually accept ppl who want to be exempted from the contract? If they do, do you know if they usually agree to letting admitted OOS students be exempted?
I have no idea. I only saw that there was an exemption possible, so I applied.

Out of all three campuses which is the best in terms of residency options and resources? I’m stuck thinking it’s between the Athens and Cleveland campuses but I could be wrong
I believe each campus has the same options. You'd just be closer or further from them.

I ended up emailing about the secondary because it has been almost a month since I submitted it and still haven't gotten a completed email yet

I ended up emailing about the secondary because it has been almost a month since I submitted it and still haven't gotten a completed email yet
I was contemplating email because it has been 3 weeks for me. Let me know.

This school is my top choice! Hoping I have a chance :D Good luck to everyone!

I called them today and they told me that they are really backed up and that they do not send complete emails. She went on to say that the best way to track our status was through the portal. Right now it says, "Application submitted", but soon it will say, "Admissions committee" and then hopefully we get an interview!

Reactions: 3 users
I'm struggling to rank the campuses and wondering if anyone has any insight. I've heard that for Cleveland and Dublin, they mostly take people with ties to those areas, is that true? If I'm not from Cleveland and haven't ever spent time there, is it very unlikely that I would get a spot there? I've lived in Dublin my whole life and while it's a really nice area, I was kind of hoping to go somewhere less suburban for med school which is why I'm interested in Cleveland. Does anyone know what the area around the Cleveland campus is like? And for Athens, what's the experience like as a med student living in a big undergrad town?

For current students in either Dublin or Cleveland, do you ever feel like your class size is too small? What's the social vibe of the class, do people hang out a lot? And for Dublin students, do people live in Dublin or further downtown where there's a bit of a younger crowd?

I'm struggling to rank the campuses and wondering if anyone has any insight. I've heard that for Cleveland and Dublin, they mostly take people with ties to those areas, is that true? If I'm not from Cleveland and haven't ever spent time there, is it very unlikely that I would get a spot there? I've lived in Dublin my whole life and while it's a really nice area, I was kind of hoping to go somewhere less suburban for med school which is why I'm interested in Cleveland. Does anyone know what the area around the Cleveland campus is like? And for Athens, what's the experience like as a med student living in a big undergrad town?

For current students in either Dublin or Cleveland, do you ever feel like your class size is too small? What's the social vibe of the class, do people hang out a lot? And for Dublin students, do people live in Dublin or further downtown where there's a bit of a younger crowd?
I'm OOS and I ranked them as 1-Cleveland,2- Dublin,3- Athens
what I read and heard, They will move Athens to a new building. If what you said correct, I have to rank them differently.
hope someone clarify it for us

I called them today and they told me that they are really backed up and that they do not send complete emails. She went on to say that the best way to track our status was through the portal. Right now it says, "Application submitted", but soon it will say, "Admissions committee" and then hopefully we get an interview!

I received a completed email. I have been talking with David for all my concerns.

Interview invite! Submitted in the middle of July

Reactions: 1 users
II this morning via email. Had to check my spam folder to find it

I, like many others, am having difficulty ranking the campuses. My worry is that for the Athens campus, traveling for 3rd and 4th year will be an absolute nightmare. The only clinical site actually in Athens is a tiny 140-bed hospital, and the next closest one (if I'm not mistaken) is an hour and a half away. Does the school put you up in housing if your clinical site is far away? Or do you just have to suck it up and commute?

I, like many others, am having difficulty ranking the campuses. My worry is that for the Athens campus, traveling for 3rd and 4th year will be an absolute nightmare. The only clinical site actually in Athens is a tiny 140-bed hospital, and the next closest one (if I'm not mistaken) is an hour and a half away. Does the school put you up in housing if your clinical site is far away? Or do you just have to suck it up and commute?
im guessing the locations are far because they are associated with the other campus locations. Dayton and columbus are close to the Dublin campus for example.

Just got a complete email today. Submitted secondary in July.

Which email did you send your questions to? I sent an email to [email protected] and have not been responded to yet.

Good luck to all those interviewing next week. Have been complete for about 7 weeks, no invite so far!