2018-2019 Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences OSUCHS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are you at least from any of the border states? One thing I know for a fact is they try to make sure they select students who want to stay and practice in OK (besides being mandated by the state to have 85% IS students in each class). Either way, you should hear something at some point, they don't do silent rejections.
yes I am from Texas so literally right next door.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing yet. I interviewed week of 9/10. I was hoping for something this week as it seems from last year the process takes about 2 weeks.

I did as well.
I actually just heard that someone from the Monday interview group was accepted today

When I interviewed they told us responses would go out within 2-3 weeks, so hopefully that helps!

Did any of you qualify/apply for the bridge program?

My understanding is that OOS students are not eligible for the bridge program. I can't imagine them ever giving a bridge seat to an OOS student.

My understanding is that OOS students are not eligible for the bridge program. I can't imagine them ever giving a bridge seat to an OOS student.
Not entirely true. I spoke to a member of the admissions committee (in-person), a recruitment officer (in-person) and Sarah (over the phone) specifically about the bridge program and they all said they plan on offering about 3 seats to OOS for the bridge program, at least this cycle. It is up to the dean of admissions to decide.

Not entirely true. I spoke to a member of the admissions committee (in-person), a recruitment officer (in-person) and Sarah (over the phone) specifically about the bridge program and they all said they plan on offering about 3 seats to OOS for the bridge program, at least this cycle. It is up to the dean of admissions to decide.

Interesting. I still doubt it actually happens, but it's interesting they would consider that. Personally I would not spend an extra year in the bridge program simply to go here if I had other acceptances at decent schools, that's an entire year of attending salary.

Interesting. I still doubt it actually happens, but it's interesting they would consider that. Personally I would not spend an extra year in the bridge program simply to go here if I had other acceptances at decent schools, that's an entire year of attending salary.
True!

Members don't see this ad :)

jeez calm down the sass lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Waitlisted today -- just received the e-mail. I was told this would likely happen but remaining hopeful.

II yesterday, scheduled for 10/19, sec app complete on 9/13, I am IS

They interviewed you saying that you will likely be waitlisted?

No, a student told me that being waitlisted was a definite possibility given I interviewed in the first week of interviews. That’s not to say that’s the only reason that I was waitlisted, I’m sure there’s better applicants than me.

No, a student told me that being waitlisted was a definite possibility given I interviewed in the first week of interviews. That’s not to say that’s the only reason that I was waitlisted, I’m sure there’s better applicants than me.
That is so interesting.
I would assume that the first batch of interviews esp in September would be towards applicants that the school is REALLY interested in.
That seemed to be the case for PCOM GA certainly.

That is so interesting.
I would assume that the first batch of interviews esp in September would be towards applicants that the school is REALLY interested in.
That seemed to be the case for PCOM GA certainly.
Well, I have no actual information from the admissions committee so take it with a grain of salt lol

Well, I have no actual information from the admissions committee so take it with a grain of salt lol

Well... I am OOS and put my name in because of the strong research opportunities.
I have been complete since late July, and heard nothing so far.
So you are in a better place than me at least!

Well... I am OOS and put my name in because of the strong research opportunities.
I have been complete since late July, and heard nothing so far.
So you are in a better place than me at least!
There’s still a lot of time left, best of luck

Congrats. Welcome to the gongshow!
Thank you! Got any advice for living in Tulsa? The area around the school seems kinda sketchy, so I wondered where all of the students live.

Thank you! Got any advice for living in Tulsa? The area around the school seems kinda sketchy, so I wondered where all of the students live.

Broken Arrow, Jenks, or the apartments right next to the school.

Did anyone ask for an update on their application status after submitting the secondary? If so, how long after you submitted your secondary did you wait before asking?

Accepted!!!! Just in time for my 2 year cake day on SDN too! Can’t wait til August!

Reactions: 3 users
Still hoping for that II! Anyone in my boat? Complete mid September. OOS. Stats around their average

Still hoping for that II! Anyone in my boat? Complete mid September. OOS. Stats around their average

I would say to have a good chance OOS your stats need to be significantly above the average. However, wouldn't hurt to reach out and say your are really interested. Never know what might happen.

II today! I emailed last week saying I had other acceptances but was very interested in them. They got back to me today with an invite. If you’re in a similar situation that may help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone care to give interview feedback?

II today! I emailed last week saying I had other acceptances but was very interested in them. They got back to me today with an invite. If you’re in a similar situation that may help

When did you submit your secondary?

Anyone care to give interview feedback?
Super chill interview, easily the most relaxed one I have had. Just have solid answers for the typical questions and you will be fine (such as: Why OSU?, Why D.O.?, etc.). If you want more specific examples then you are free to PM me. The interviewers will really tailor their questions to what all is in your individual app, so be ready to expand and talk about any experiences that you listed on your app. If OSU has offered you an interview then you have the stats to get in. At this point its just showing that you have the right personality for their medical school. So just be friendly and approachable to everyone on your interview day and you will be good to go! Good luck!

How many out of staters have been accepted thus far? I went down for a tour last month and fell in love! My tour guides both said they didn't interview until December/January but I'm still freaking out. They also mentioned that they interview in state first before moving onto OOS unless they have hella good stats

Sent from my SM-N900P using SDN mobile

How long does it usually take for interview invites? I just got confirmation that my secondary is under review.

Has anyone went to the OSU-COM tailgate? I have sent in my secondary and it is currently under review. Didn’t know if going would give me a chance to talk & get my name in there to show how interested I am.

Has anyone went to the OSU-COM tailgate? I have sent in my secondary and it is currently under review. Didn’t know if going would give me a chance to talk & get my name in there to show how interested I am.

I believe the admissions people like lindsey go so it could be a good thing to do.

Reactions: 1 users

I went last year, it’s a good way to meet some of the staff and students. The dean of admissions and the dean of recruitment, as well as several medical students were there last time. It’s a good way to introduce yourself and get a feel for the students and administration to see if OSU would be a good a fit for you. Plus the food they had last year was really good, so if nothing else you can get a free lunch out of it. I know that OSU really likes to see prospective students at events like this because it helps to show which students are truly interested in the school. I would definitely recommend going if you are in Stillwater.

anyone with tips for moving off the wait list with this school aside from that tailgate?