2018-2019 Oregon Health and Science University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm sure this has been talked about, but reading the last few posts I want to reiterate what is happening this next week for the few that haven't heard anything from the adcom team yet. 4/30 everyone...everyone, will know whether that are accepted, rejected, or on the waitlist. 5/1 is when people on the waitlist find out where on the waitlist they're ranked. If you look at last years thread there is a spreadsheet showing how many people got off the waitlist the last few years. From what I saw briefly, if you're in the 50 or lower rankings...cross your fingers. If you're not, get that reapplication money ready. It has been a long wait, but next Tuesday and then Wednesday will bring a lot of light to everyone's situation and a lot of peace along with it. Good luck everyone and if you get one, may your waitlist number be very low.

"With roughly 570 interviews conducted over the course of seven months (September to April) and a limited number of placements to offer, the Admissions Committee must put many applicants in the hold pool until they have had a chance to discuss each of their interviewed candidates. The Admissions Committee will be discussing applicants through the beginning of April, which means that you will be notified of a final decision regarding your application no later than April 30, 2019. Applicants put on hold may remain on hold until April 30, when final decisions are made. At that point you will hear a decision of Accept, Alternate, or Refuse. Please note that further updates will not reopen your file or change the committee's decision."
I think the frustration lies in not knowing as based on past years' threads many people had already heard decisions at this point. It is frustrating to wait this long but you are correct, the end is near.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I was just accepted to MD/MPH through email! Portal hasn't been updated. I know it is a separate admissions process from regular MD, and I'm hoping to hear about that as well soon.

Reactions: 7 users
I was just accepted to MD/MPH through email! Portal hasn't been updated. I know it is a separate admissions process from regular MD, and I'm hoping to hear about that as well soon.
Oh my goodness congratulations!!! What a huge accomplishment.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you :) sending good vibes to everyone that they send out decisions soon!

I was accepted this week through portal, then email a day later. I've been a lurker thus far, but wanted to post to provide one more data point for those in future years browsing through. Was complete in September, then put on a pre-II hold in December/January or so. I was crushed. Previous threads seemed to show that pre-II holds almost always end in rejection. Sometime in February the hold status went away and I got an interview invite a few days later. Interviewed in mid-late March. Never give up hope!

Reactions: 6 users
I was accepted this week through portal, then email a day later. I've been a lurker thus far, but wanted to post to provide one more data point for those in future years browsing through. Was complete in September, then put on a pre-II hold in December/January or so. I was crushed. Previous threads seemed to show that pre-II holds almost always end in rejection. Sometime in February the hold status went away and I got an interview invite a few days later. Interviewed in mid-late March. Never give up hope!
Were you put on Post-interview hold as well?

Reactions: 1 users
No post-interview hold. The portal didn't change for a few weeks after my interview, then went to acceptance.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
I mean you can say I’m taking it well. I’m only checking the portal like every 15 minutes.

I feel like a troll posting this because I know we are all obsessively checking sdn today but....

Petition to have someone who was already accepted stealth call admissions to see if they’ll have some decisions out today?

I feel like a troll posting this because I know we are all obsessively checking sdn today but....

Petition to have someone who was already accepted stealth call admissions to see if they’ll have some decisions out today?
I’d sign this petition!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got accepted, but will be withdrawing. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Welp. Business hours have come and gone. Guess ohsu is literally down to the wire on making these decisions...

There has to be lots of spots. Isn’t there a 10/10/80?

There has to be lots of spots. Isn’t there a 10/10/80?
That’s what I thought- I just worry because it seems like a lot of folks have gotten in already. I guess sdn is a self selecting bias though.

Just now accepted off hold!!! Placed on hold 12/21. So grateful that I get to come home to Oregon!

Reactions: 7 users
Just now accepted off hold!!! Placed on hold 12/21. So grateful that I get to come home to Oregon!
Same!! Still shaking... Saw email first, freaked out for a good 20 minutes, and portal was also updated when I checked afterwards.

Was placed on a pre-interview hold in September, interviewed early April, and today...ACCEPTED! Got the email in the afternoon, and portal was updated when I checked this evening.

Got an acceptance email at 7:30 Friday evening. I had checked the portal at 5:00 and it still said hold... interviewed in November, placed on hold in February.

Accepted last night at 11:11 PM EST after being placed on hold, interviewed early November :)

Can someone post a link to the Facebook group? Thanks!

I interviewed on Feb. 12th. It has been cricket and it is still so. Anybody in a similar boat? :-\

I interviewed on Feb. 12th. It has been cricket and it is still so. Anybody in a similar boat? :-\
Interviewed Dec. 11th, been on hold since February. Are you on hold at least? If so, I believe many are in this boat.

"Your MD interview has been scheduled for 02/12/2019.

Thank you for interviewing with us. We hope you enjoyed your interview day.
Here is the link to the full admissions handbook for future reference.
PLEASE NOTE: We will update your status as soon as a decision has been made

"

Did they forget me or lose my files? :-(

Merely to add data: Interviewed 9/18, placed on hold end of November, and have not received a final decision yet. This is my last chance for the current cycle.

"Your MD interview has been scheduled for 02/12/2019.

Thank you for interviewing with us. We hope you enjoyed your interview day.
Here is the link to the full admissions handbook for future reference.
PLEASE NOTE: We will update your status as soon as a decision has been made

"

Did they forget me or lose my files? :-(

My portal is the same as well! It's so hard not knowing anything!

Hollis and zoez, you may want to call/email admissions to make sure this isn't an error (though they are likely getting flooded with calls right about now).

Hollis and zoez, you may want to call/email admissions to make sure this isn't an error (though they are likely getting flooded with calls right about now).

That's a good idea. I have been thinking this might be a normal state. But it seems not... I will try to call them. Thank you!

Interviewed 3/12 and I’ve also heard nothing not even a hold
That's a good idea. I have been thinking this might be a normal state. But it seems not... I will try to call them. Thank you!
[/QUOTE

I would caution against calling at this point- I think it’s not out of the realm of possibility to not have heard anything after your interview. I’m sure they’re slammed right now.

Interviewed 3/12 and I’ve also heard nothing not even a hold
This is pretty typical actually. Hold decisions usually come 6 or more weeks after interview. A friend of mine was accepted earlier this week; interviewed same day as you and was never put on hold.

I would caution against calling at this point- I think it’s not out of the realm of possibility to not have heard anything after your interview. I’m sure they’re slammed right now.

This is hard. If no status update means the committee has not discussed my file, how is it possible this late? hm...

This is hard. If no status update means the committee has not discussed my file, how is it possible this late? hm...

I’m in the same boat no update since January (not even a hold) I Asked a few friends there who are current students and they said not to panic!

I am not sure if they have or not, but I doubt they would put someone on hold this late in the game- it seems like it would just be a hassle. Its totally possible your interviewer just had the chance to review you. My understanding is they give you a score and then offer spots off of that- so if you were just reviewed, they could be in the process of ranking/breaking ties right now and you’ll hear back soon.

If you would have some peace of mind after calling, then you should. I don’t think they’re open on the weekend. I definitely called about 2-3 months ago to make sure they didn’t forget about me being on hold and it did actually make me feel better- I do think they were annoyed by my call, though. Ultimately it’s not going to be the make or break on your app though so it’s up to you. Hang in there! I think we all are super frustrated.

I’m in the same boat no update since January (not even a hold) I Asked a few friends there who are current students and they said not to panic!
I am not sure if they have or not, but I doubt they would put someone on hold this late in the game- it seems like it would just be a hassle. Its totally possible your interviewer just had the chance to review you. My understanding is they give you a score and then offer spots off of that- so if you were just reviewed, they could be in the process of ranking/breaking ties right now and you’ll hear back soon.

If you would have some peace of mind after calling, then you should. I don’t think they’re open on the weekend. I definitely called about 2-3 months ago to make sure they didn’t forget about me being on hold and it did actually make me feel better- I do think they were annoyed by my call, though. Ultimately it’s not going to be the make or break on your app though so it’s up to you. Hang in there! I think we all are super frustrated.

Thank you both for reassuring! I think I am just going to wait then. :-|

Well, the next two days are going to be pretty crazy. Good luck everyone.

Reactions: 8 users
Might as well just download an auto refresh at this point

Might as well just download an auto refresh at this point
Woke up thinking “today I won’t be crazy and check the portal incessantly.”
Then I immediately proceeded to check the portal twice before even getting out of bed.

Just checked the portal: I've been selected as an alternate with a waitlist number between #1-10! Feeling pretty good about it :)

Congrats to all the above. But oh god, you folks don't think this means that if your portal still says hold that means reject!?