2018-2019 Oregon Health and Science University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There is a minimum. Check the bottom of your app. I think it is 497.
Edit: From the app:
  1. Minimum cumulative Total GPA (as reported by AMCAS) of 2.80.
  2. Minimum cumulative score of 497 on the most recent eligible MCAT. Eligible MCATs for the 2019 admissions cycle are those recorded in 2016, 2017 and 2018.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Have you gotten everything in? LIke all your letter of recs? Mine was submitted oct. 3rd and completed on the fourth. That part was a very quick.
Yes, I was marked complete the same day (7/27) but haven’t heard anything in terms of interview invite or rejection.

Yes, I was marked complete the same day (7/27) but haven’t heard anything in terms of interview invite or rejection.
I hope someone can help with this "marked complete" thing you speak of. In the portal it shows that I submitted my app on 8/3/18. I did have one letter writer not submit her letter until 8/31/18. Everything else, including CASPR score, was in on 8/3. The portal shows that I submitted on 8/3, but I've never gotten a status update showing my file is complete. I just have this message:
Once your file has been processed, updates about the status of your application, including the receipt and processing of all letters of recommendation, will appear on this status page. Before that time, your status here will NOT change. If you are concerned about the status of your letters, please verify with AMCAS that they have been submitted and that you have designated OHSU as a recipient.

I assumed this meant they just hadn't gotten to my app yet, but what you all are posting about being marked complete has me wondering. Any insight?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I hope someone can help with this "marked complete" thing you speak of. In the portal it shows that I submitted my app on 8/3/18. I did have one letter writer not submit her letter until 8/31/18. Everything else, including CASPR score, was in on 8/3. The portal shows that I submitted on 8/3, but I've never gotten a status update showing my file is complete. I just have this message:
Once your file has been processed, updates about the status of your application, including the receipt and processing of all letters of recommendation, will appear on this status page. Before that time, your status here will NOT change. If you are concerned about the status of your letters, please verify with AMCAS that they have been submitted and that you have designated OHSU as a recipient.

I assumed this meant they just hadn't gotten to my app yet, but what you all are posting about being marked complete has me wondering. Any insight?
Yes, I’m wondering the same thing. My LORs were sent even before I submitted my secondary. I have the same message and worried my file isn’t complete. Also, OHSU doesn’t require CASPer

Yes, I’m wondering the same thing. My LORs were sent even before I submitted my secondary. I have the same message and worried my file isn’t complete. Also, OHSU doesn’t require CASPer

OHSU has not processed your guys' apps yet. You will see a check box when your secondary app is processed and your file is marked complete.

Oh okay. I submitted mid August...waiting game I guess :shrug:

I submitted my secondary on August 12, and just got the update in the Portal saying my application is complete (10.18). All of my LORs and transcripts were available by the time I submitted my secondary. I imagine yours will be updated shortly.

Reactions: 1 users
When did you submit your app? I submitted on 08/02 but have not been marked as complete on my portal yet.
Have you been marked processed or complete yet? I submitted everything the same day and my status hasn't changed. I'm thinking nearly 3 months is an awfully long time and am considering calling.

Have you been marked processed or complete yet? I submitted everything the same day and my status hasn't changed. I'm thinking nearly 3 months is an awfully long time and am considering calling.

I think I’d maybe call- the office is super friendly and nice so it can’t hurt in my opinion.

I was marked complete on 7/5 and haven’t heard anything back. Any other IS applicants complete around that time still in the same boat? The suspense is terrible!

I was marked complete on 7/5 and haven’t heard anything back. Any other IS applicants complete around that time still in the same boat? The suspense is terrible!
Spoke too soon... II today!!!!! Interview day options in early November.

Reactions: 9 users
Spoke too soon... II today!!!!! Interview day options in early November.
I received my II Tuesday too! Have they responded to you about about your date yet? I haven't heard back from them since replying.

Members don't see this ad :)

My status hasn't changed.

Right under my “your application has been processed”, there is a sentence in bold that says my file was complete 7/27/18.

I received my II Tuesday too! Have they responded to you about about your date yet? I haven't heard back from them since replying.

I had the same problem. My interview date was just confirmed yesterday afternoon. Apparently the coordinator was busy with MMIs and was out of the office which caused the delay!

II just now! LM 70. OOS, but met one of the special criteria. I turned in my secondary on 8/20. Complete this month.

Reactions: 2 users
II just now! LM 70. OOS, but met one of the special criteria. I turned in my secondary on 8/20. Complete this month.
Congrats! Would you mind sharing your official complete date?

II today :)
Submitted 7/6, but they didn't review/mark complete my application until 10/6.

Reactions: 4 users
II a couple of hours ago! Complete early August I think

I AM DYING over waiting!! I keep going back and forth between feeling like I'm gonna get in and then I switch to dreading rejection since I was axed last year. :(

Reactions: 3 users
I AM DYING over waiting!! I keep going back and forth between feeling like I'm gonna get in and then I switch to dreading rejection since I was axed last year. :(
Seriously... It's been almost 7 weeks since my interview. Wishing you luck!

Oh dang, you haven't heard anything back yet? I was really hoping they would stick to their 4-6 week decision making timeline.

At my interview, they said that they weren't going to make any decisions until around this week. OHSU is also notoriously slow. They really take their time on their decisions and care a lot about the class that they are admitting. It's really awesome... except for when you're waiting forever.

At my interview, they said that they weren't going to make any decisions until around this week. OHSU is also notoriously slow. They really take their time on their decisions and care a lot about the class that they are admitting. It's really awesome... except for when you're waiting forever.
I'm scared for this Thurs/Fri. :vomit:

Any OOS who submitted in September still waiting to be marked complete?

Any OOS who submitted in September still waiting to be marked complete?

Yes. I submitted early September and haven't gotten any updates since. Status is still unchanged on the portal as well.

Yes. I submitted early September and haven't gotten any updates since. Status is still unchanged on the portal as well.
I submitted early August, and I'm still not marked as complete in the portal. I did end up calling OHSU last week, and the person I spoke to looked up my application and said "you're in the queue."

Don’t fret! The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese :)

Don’t fret! The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese :)
Definitely not fretting, @Red_matahari ! ;) I know that OHSU has a longer cycle and moves slowly and carefully through their apps. Just posting here so that folks complete in September know the deal.

Yeah plus OHSU interviews their “mission groups” first. So Oregon residents, people who are considered underserved or ubderrepresented in medicine, and I think there is one more?
And then they interview people who don’t fall into those categories afterward.

Hey guys new to this. I'm an out of state applicant. I submitted secondary on 08/10/2018. My file was complete on 09/05/2018. I was offered an interview last week!

Hey guys new to this. I'm an out of state applicant. I submitted secondary on 08/10/2018. My file was complete on 09/05/2018. I was offered an interview last week!
Me too! (OOS/similar complete date) did you choose the Nov 20th date?
I responded with my preferred date within 5 minutes and got a confirmation email a day later.

Offered interview last week as well, OOS secondary completed mid august. Only took me about an hour to reply about my preferred date and they still haven't gotten back to me. Has anyone else had this delay?

I submitted early August, and I'm still not marked as complete in the portal. I did end up calling OHSU last week, and the person I spoke to looked up my application and said "you're in the queue."
+1

For those who have already interviewed - is the one-on-one interview open or closed file?

For those who have already interviewed - is the one-on-one interview open or closed file?
110 percent open. My interviewer knew my file like the back of his hand. They are just blinded to your MCAT score and GPA but they have everything else.

110 percent open. My interviewer knew my file like the back of his hand. They are just blinded to your MCAT score and GPA but they have everything else.
Isn't that the difference between closed and open? Closed shields MCAT and GPA. Open doesn't.

Isn't that the difference between closed and open? Closed shields MCAT and GPA. Open doesn't.
I've been at truly closed interviews where the interviewers know nothing about you before they talk to you, so maybe shielded stats is "partially open/partially closed".

Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile

Interviewed 10/25 and the waiting is already driving me nuts! Has it typically taken 4-6 weeks to hear like they say?

If you look back a few pages, at my interview they said acceptances/rejections etc won't start until around this time for the interviewees at the beginning of the cycle in September. I interviewed 9/20 and haven't heard back anything. I think this week was the first week last year where anybody heard anything. Unfortunately, OHSU runs a very slow cycle and some people wait months :/ I'm already super anxious and checking the portal every 2 hours haha. Fingers crossed for all of us?

Reactions: 6 users