2018-2019 Oregon Health and Science University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
So my portal hasn't changed since I submitted all of my stuff, it just says "Mission Based Applicants: blah blah blah" and "Non-mission based applicants" but I see lots people are seeing portal changes (holds, rejections, etc). If I haven't had an interview invite by now, can I assume a rejection at this point?

On the portal beneath all the purple boxes and beneath "we have received your secondary application, all letters of rec and supporting documentation," where the hourglass symbol usually says "your application is being reviewed..." it now says "Your file has been screened and is currently on hold for an interview, pending further review."

Do you happen to know when you were complete?

Thanks! Yeah, I hear it takes a long time for them to mark as complete

I totally just realized you weren't addressing me at all, and my answer is not relevant to your question.

This is why I shouldn't SDN at work, folks.

Reactions: 1 user
There doesn’t seem to always be a rhyme or reason for how things work out. I received an II on Wednesday for Tues. 1/8. I am IS and non-trad. I was thinking I wasn’t going to get an II because of how people in Nov. were saying invites were booked out until March. But, sometimes things just happen. I know this is an N=1. But, do not lose hope scouring these threads. No word yet, means you’re still in the running. Anything can happen and you can get the invite at any time, for any day. Don’t stress, no one knows what the admissions team is doing with your app, don’t suffer for no reason. Get out of your own head, stay positive, and wait for that II or acceptance.

Reactions: 5 users
pre-II R; Oregon resident, complete late August, LM ~67. Honestly pretty frustrating that I did not get a chance to be interviewed, given their known preference for in-state applicants. I have also been involved with OHSU (work and volunteer activities, etc) for a long time... a very sad day :(

Don't give up! If you don't make it in to a medical school this cycle, keep applying. I have a classmate who didn't get interviewed 2 years ago but applied again and got interviewed with a quick acceptance!

Does anyone know if there is already a Facebook group for those accepted?
Also, any current students on here know when we might hear about the various scholarships? I know we cannot apply to them and that they use our AAMC information, but will we know if we get them before committing or is it something that is told to us later in the school year?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there is already a Facebook group for those accepted?
Also, any current students on here know when we might hear about the various scholarships? I know we cannot apply to them and that they use our AAMC information, but will we know if we get them before committing or is it something that is told to us later in the school year?

Thanks!

At the interview they mentioned it, I think they said before matriculation. I’m sure you could find out before accepting your invitation at the deadline.

Adding my data point: Pre-II hold recently. Submitted in August but not marked completed until mid-December. Met several OOS mission-based criteria.

Adding my data point: Pre-II hold recently. Submitted in August but not marked completed until mid-December. Met several OOS mission-based criteria.
Sorry to hear..but it's not over yet! Where did the hold show up? On the portal or via email? Thanks!

Sorry to hear..but it's not over yet! Where did the hold show up? On the portal or via email? Thanks!

Thanks; but I'm definitely not getting my hopes up. Anecdotally, it doesn't seem like too many people get pulled off the pre-II hold list. It showed up on the portal. I never received an email.

+1 for pre-II hold. OOS, meet a bit of the mission criteria. They're my top choice so I'm erroneously keeping my hopes up.

pre-II hold here, not sure when but most likely around New Years. Complete first week of September, IS, LM 68 (higher MCAT, lower GPA). Really really hope this isn't a soft R, I want that II badly haha

OOS rejected via portal today (no email).
Good luck to everyone still in the running!

Edit: this was pre-II

OOS rejected today too. At least I no longer have to check my portal!

Pre II R just now. OOS not put on hold. I didn't get an email..I just randomly checked my portal.

If I am considered EO1 according to the AAMC disadvantaged status indicator (and my family has been below the poverty line for the majority of my life), would I fall under the final mission group?

If I am considered EO1 according to the AAMC disadvantaged status indicator (and my family has been below the poverty line for the majority of my life), would I fall under the final mission group?
I disagreed with them saying I didn't meet any of the mission groups either...and based on fact, not just my opinion.

You could always call admissions to clarify!

You could always call admissions to clarify!

I already did and was told that the assistant dean determines whether an applicant falls under a mission group.

Does anyone know if the “screening” process entails a “holistic” review of your application?

I found the kindly worded R on my portal today as well. OOS and they didn't seem to see any fit to mission...of course I think would fit just fine ;)

Accepted today through the portal! Couldn't be more excited. Hang in there everyone, the wait is rough!

Reactions: 6 users
Did I read earlier on this thread that no one who posted on here with a Pre-II Hold was offered an interview?

Does any one who’s already interviewed still have a most recent portal update which says “your interview is scheduled for....”? Or have your portals been updated post interview?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does any one who’s already interviewed still have a most recent portal update which says “your interview is scheduled for....”? Or have your portals been updated post interview?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yup that's what mine says

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone's portal gone from "Pre-interview hold" back to the original screen of no message? Like, everything is the same except the hold message is now gone?

Accepted!! Can’t believe it, dream school.

Reactions: 6 users