2018-2019 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected post supplement.

Anyone know if they yield protect?
How long after you were complete or went to committee status did you get rejected?

Members don't see this ad.

How long after you were complete or went to committee status did you get rejected?

approx 2 months from committee to rejected.
I'm a WA native too, I'm super confused by this rejection.

Hello! Does anyone have the secondary prompts for this cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! Does anyone have the secondary prompts for this cycle?
Describe personal experiences that have shaped your desire to attend an osteopathic medical school whose mission focuses on rural and/or medically underserved populations.

Reactions: 1 user
approx 2 months from committee to rejected.
I'm a WA native too, I'm super confused by this rejection.

Was the notice via email or portal....been stuck at committee for about 2 months too

Whew that’s a ways from now! Where the Jan and Feb dates full?

Congrats!

They had February 22nd, March 29th and one date in April. I picked the one that worked best for me, but yep, they are forever away hahah! It gives me time to hear back from a couple other schools that I interviewed at, though.

After you email with your requested dates, did you get any confirmation?

After you email with your requested dates, did you get any confirmation?

I received the interview email pretty late on Friday and I’m assuming they don’t work weekends. My guess is that we’ll get a confirmation email as soon as they have the time.

I received the interview email pretty late on Friday and I’m assuming they don’t work weekends. My guess is that we’ll get a confirmation email as soon as they have the time.

I got my confirmation email on Tuesday, I submitted my request for interview date the Friday morning before.

Members don't see this ad :)
II via portal today, will hopefully be getting an email shortly. OOS from Oregon.

Reactions: 2 users
Interview invite! Requested Feb 22. Complete 8/17, committee 8/27.

Reactions: 2 users
Do they send a confirmation email after you send them the email to confirm a interview date? If so how long did it take?

Interviewed 10/12, got the call this morning :) so stoked!!

Reactions: 4 users
I was just scheduled for my interview!

A question for you guys: is this a well-regarded school? It's relatively new, but I haven't heard much about it... and while I know a med school is a med school, it would be nice to know if this school does well as far as residency placements go. For those who have interviewed, do you guys have any sense of this?

I was just scheduled for my interview!

A question for you guys: is this a well-regarded school? It's relatively new, but I haven't heard much about it... and while I know a med school is a med school, it would be nice to know if this school does well as far as residency placements go. For those who have interviewed, do you guys have any sense of this?

It's a newer school, so I don't think it has a super well established reputation. That being said, I definitely didn't get the feeling that you would be held back in any way by going to PNWU. All of the students we talked to felt like their residency chances were up to them and how well they did as an individual. There were students there who chose PNWU over allopathic schools because they thought it would be a more comfortable environment for them to study and do well. 99.7% of their students since 2012 have matched into a residency, so I'm not worried about my residency chances if I go there (which I'm leaning towards!). Just my two cents!

I got THE call! Accepted! I started crying so I don't remember anything else she said. Can anyone kindly point me to where dates for acceptance, deposit, deposit amount, etc etc are? I assume they will be emailing/mailing me documents with all this info, but I really don' remember anything she said after she said the word accepted.

Just FYI for people on here who are interested, I interviewed on Oct 12.
Congratulations! It's an awesome phone call and feeling! They snail mail out your acceptance letter and a form or two. The deposit of $1000 and the forms they send are due by Dec 14th. I think it took 3-4 days for my letter to show up.

II via email today. Checked the portal and saw that the interview was granted on 10/22. The only available dates were March 29th and April 1st. For those of you flying in, what airport are you flying in to? I only see Seattle International Airport as an option but, it's about a 2 hour drive away... any tips on transportation??

Interviewed 10/12, got the call this morning :) so stoked!!

Congrats! Are you OOS? If so, do you have any tips for transportation for an interview? I heard the airport is 2 hours away and I'm from OOS too..

II via email today. Checked the portal and saw that the interview was granted on 10/22. The only available dates were March 29th and April 1st. For those of you flying in, what airport are you flying in to? I only see Seattle International Airport as an option but, it's about a 2 hour drive away... any tips on transportation??

If the airport is 2hrs away, my guess is that you’ll have to rent a car.

There is an airport either in/near Yakima that at least one person on my interview day flew into. For me it was significantly (about $350) cheaper to fly to Seattle. You may get a better deal though. The drive down was super pretty though.

How long did it take everyone to go from complete/no decision to on committee?

Did my CASPer test tonight! One more step closer to my interview

There is an airport either in/near Yakima that at least one person on my interview day flew into. For me it was significantly (about $350) cheaper to fly to Seattle. You may get a better deal though. The drive down was super pretty though.

Depending on what time of year your interview is may effect your airport decision. If you fly into SeaTac then you’ll be likely be taking Snowqualmie pass eastward. If it’s winter there is a risk of the pass closing for periods of time.

Portland allows you to drive on more flat terrain but there’s still a risk as you go north of the Columbia river.

Just something to think about. It’s also what you’re comfortable with. There is also a greyhound (or used to be when I was a student at CWU) that goes from seatac to Ellensburg for about fifty bucks. Not sure about the remaining trek to Yakima.

Reactions: 1 users
What do you guys think about me reaching out to PACNW for an update? I just took my CASPer last night so scores will be in by Nov 30th interview date. I am on the waitlist for Nov 30th date and could attend with extremely short notice since I can drive there in about 5 hours. Should I reach out to admissions and tell them that?

What do you guys think about me reaching out to PACNW for an update? I just took my CASPer last night so scores will be in by Nov 30th interview date. I am on the waitlist for Nov 30th date and could attend with extremely short notice since I can drive there in about 5 hours. Should I reach out to admissions and tell them that?
Nov 30 is still far away and there could be movement. If you're already on the waitlist, then they'll contact you if you make it. I was told that you could be notified about the waitlist as late as the week before the interview. If you're given extremely late notice, you are not required to accept and can choose to just attend the date that you're currently scheduled for.

Anyone have opinions of RVUCOM-UT vs PNWU? Feel free to pm me please, any help is appreciated!
RVUCOM-UT has tons of telecom lectures streamed from CO. PNWU either has in person lectures with surprisingly very accomplished professors or powerpoints to go through on your own. Things to take into consideration when you think of what style of learning will fit you best!

II March 29th! I was complete on August 15th.
I did this last year but around Thanksgiving shoot admissions an email and indicate your interest in moving up your interview date if they have spots come open from withdrawn invites. It works!

Just found a rejection in my portal :/

Complete since 8/28
I've had committee status since mid-September
Now it says "deny post-supplement 10/29/18"

Just found a rejection in my portal :/

Complete since 8/28
I've had committee status since mid-September
Now it says "deny post-supplement 10/29/18"
+1 on R. pretty disappointed I thought I have a real shot here.

I'm in state, denied with a LizzyM of 68.

Stats WAY higher than their average. I had everything checked (hence 8II).
I am sorry to hear that. Congratulations on your 8 IIs! I wouldn't worry over 1 R with 8 II. In my opinion you might got yield protected (if that's a thing in admission)

Reactions: 1 users
I am sorry to hear that. Congratulations on your 8 IIs! I wouldn't worry over 1 R with 8 II. In my opinion you might got yield protected (if that's a thing in admission)
I thought so too, until I met an applicant on the interview trail that got a II from PNWU with higher stats than me.

Weird huh.

o_O scuba_cat! I can't believe you were there! Which interview slot were you?

TheRealCookieMonster! That's crazy! haha I can't remember how they organized groups, but we did the group interview first and the MMI part last.

Congrats! Are you OOS? If so, do you have any tips for transportation for an interview? I heard the airport is 2 hours away and I'm from OOS too..

Congrats on your II! I am OOS, but I have family in Boise so I drove from Boise before my interview. As others have mentioned, there is a smaller (and more expensive) airport near yakima. The drive from Seattle is gorgeous, and if you're under 25 and worried about spending hella money on a rental car, I'd highly recommend Turo. It's basically Airbnb for cars, and the "young driver" fee is only 10 dollars. I used it in Phoenix, and for 2 days spent ~70 for a really nice SUV.