2018-2019 Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I emailed my unofficial transcript to admissions, but I received a reply back saying that only official transcripts are accepted

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Confused about the small acceptance wave last week...apparently it happened on the 28th last year instead. Anyone know if that means another month of waiting? On week 9 post-interview at this point...

Reactions: 2 users
I got put on "Hold", just updated my transcript and some other new things.

Reactions: 1 user
Haven’t heard back since August. OOS. Silent R?

Reactions: 1 users
Haven’t heard back since August. OOS. Silent R?

It dosn’t sound like they do silent Rs (based off of review of past threads). It appears you are invited for ii, put in pre-interview hold, or flat out rejected.
My partner just interviewed here and the dean told her group that the school is slow to interviews haha. Allegedly they interview steadily into March.

No news may be good news.

Edit:
This is the string of hope I’m holding onto, as I am in your same boat

Members don't see this ad :)
It dosn’t sound like they do silent Rs (based off of review of past threads). It appears you are invited for ii, put in pre-interview hold, or flat out rejected.
My partner just interviewed here and the dean told her group that the school is slow to interviews haha. Allegedly they interview steadily into March.

No news may be good news.

Edit:
This is the string of hope I’m holding onto, as I am in your same boat
Wow okay! I hope so. And we can’t even update them right? Just have to keep waiting?

Confused about the small acceptance wave last week...apparently it happened on the 28th last year instead. Anyone know if that means another month of waiting? On week 9 post-interview at this point...
I noticed that too and I'm on the 12 week mark now. Looking at the historical trend, it does seem like we have to wait another month to hear back.

I noticed that too and I'm on the 12 week mark now. Looking at the historical trend, it does seem like we have to wait another month to hear back.
This sucks...12 weeks is rather excessive too

Does anyone know if they accept pre-ii update letters?

I tried providing pre II updates to this school... pretty important ones but they shut me down :( it's like they're adamant about giving me the R :((((

I tried providing pre II updates to this school... pretty important ones but they shut me down it's like they're adamant about giving me the R :((((

Don’t beat yourself up.
I don’t know anything internally about this school, I am pulling my reasoning here from looking at past threads and talking to current students.

They stated, from the beginning, that they did not accept updates (even post interview) unless they were transcript updates. (Although, I do feel your pain as I have some rather important things to update them on as well). None-the-less, the fact that they did not accept your update is no reflection on if they like you or not

Second, if the school is giving out pre-II Rs and Pre-II Holds I really do not think that they will silently reject people. Obviously there are others that think differently, so I suppose I will have to wait until March to prove my theory here

Don’t count out hope until they reject you However, don’t count your eggs before they hatch either

I tried providing pre II updates to this school... pretty important ones but they shut me down :( it's like they're adamant about giving me the R :((((
Agree with the above post. Don't take it personally. If they didn't take updates from you they probably didn't take them from others.

Long-time lurker. II yesterday morning. Emailed AdCom 11 days ago asking about application update; they only want a transcript update in April if you're still being considered. I had complete silence until yesterday. Complete 08/11-ish. OOS, LM 69-ish. Three dates offered end of Jan/ beginning of Feb.

Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone have any hotel recommendations for interview day?
I stayed at the Fairfield Inn when I interviewed. I liked it because they had free breakfast, so I didn't have to worry about that on the day of!

App was complete on 09/12. CASPer made it in the next week, so basically complete a bit past mid-Sept.
Should I be concerned that I did not get an II yet? It's literally January of 2019 and radio silence till now :(

App was complete on 09/12. CASPer made it in the next week, so basically complete a bit past mid-Sept.
Should I be concerned that I did not get an II yet? It's literally January of 2019 and radio silence till now :(
Penn doesn’t require CASPer if I’m not mistaken

Sending positive vibes to everyone in this thread stuck with complete silence. You all are amazing :)
+1 I've not heard a WORD since three months ago....but judging by last year's thread, maybe no news is good news :/
Hopefully, we will hear back soon....

Sending positive vibes to everyone in this thread stuck with complete silence. You all are amazing :)
+1 I've not heard a WORD since three months ago....but judging by last year's thread, maybe no news is good news :/
Hopefully, we will hear back soon....
They do seem very behind this year. People (like me) who were complete early June did not get secondaries until August lol. That is slow. If it is meant to be, it will happen. Good luck.

Reactions: 6 users
They do seem very behind this year. People (like me) who were complete early June did not get secondaries until August lol. That is slow. If it is meant to be, it will happen. Good luck.
Yeah same! I was complete July and didn’t get a secondary till mid September.
Good luck to you as well :)

has anyone received an interview after being placed on the on hold list?

II today LM 70 OOS Complete 8/12 No Hold

Did anyone send a thank you to their interviewers or no since they don't accept correspondence?

Does anyone know if Penn State accepts grade updates in the form of an unofficial transcript? I'm on hold here and wish they'd review my app again :rolleyes:

Also put on hold. Though I found it curious that the email also said you can call in to talk to someone about your application. Anyone ever take *that option? I’m kind of considering it tbh

Edit// pre-II hold

also on hold but mine doesn't say that anywhere... what sentence are you referring to?

also does anyone know if a hold here is a true hold or just a soft R?

EDIT: pre-II hold. complete 9/3

I was put on pre-ii hold too. Is a hold basically silent rejection at this point? or is there some hope?

A hold, at least in terms of the terminology here, by definition refers to pre-interview decisions. Anything post-interview is essentially a waitlist, even if the school may not call it that.

Is a "hold" different from a "pre-II hold?" My hold email did not say I could talk to someone in admissions if I wanted to...