2018-2019 Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I feel like we should be happy about this, I'm pretty chill with taking a break from the chaos :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
just received a secondary. IS, Lizzy M ~70 ORM...... looks like they changed one question, is that a win for us i guess??? not sure how to even go about that last prompt though

prompts"

1. Is there a unique aspect of your application that should be considered by the admissions committee?

(Maximum 75 words)

2. Explain why you decided to apply to the Penn State College of Medicine.

(Maximum 75 words)

3. Write a short paragraph describing a significant experience you have had working in a team setting.

(Maximum 250 words)

4. Write a short statement describing how you envision using your medical education to advance care for under-represented or marginalized populations. (Maximum 250 words)

Reactions: 2 users
After 84 years, I finally received a secondary from PSU.

Reactions: 7 users
Anyone verified already not get a secondary?

Reactions: 4 users
Just now got the secondary. Weird they have multiple waves on the same day...

Got my secondary! Time to play Fortnite while I put off writing this BS new prompt!

EDIT: IS Pennsylvania baby

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Received a secondary. Verified 7/11.

Do they screen?

Dang, I am still waiting.

Reactions: 3 users
Somebody reported on reddit that they received the secondary today, I still haven't received it!

Just submitted secondary. I know it states a complete email could take awhile to receive, but I am curious to see if anyone has received one already?

Edit: App complete this morning 7/31

Last edited:
Anyone else still haven't received the secondary?

Edit: never mind, just got it!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else still haven't received the secondary?

+2 but I'm not worrying yet, so many schools send secondaries out in random batches to avoid getting caught in spam, and since Penn State started so late they must have tons and tons of them to send! Stay positive friends :)

Reactions: 2 users
+2 but I'm not worrying yet, so many schools send secondaries out in random batches to avoid getting caught in spam, and since Penn State started so late they must have tons and tons of them to send! Stay positive friends :)
I wish we had a PSA about spam filters :laugh:

+1 secondary OOS w/state ties. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
+2 secondary OOS no ties.

What are you guys saying for the "Is there a unique aspect of your application that should be considered by the admissions committee? (Maximum 75 words)" prompt? Is this there to only discuss discrepancies or flags, or can we talk about whatever? Not sure if putting something there that's unnecessary would hurt me.

+2 secondary OOS no ties.

What are you guys saying for the "Is there a unique aspect of your application that should be considered by the admissions committee? (Maximum 75 words)" prompt? Is this there to only discuss discrepancies or flags, or can we talk about whatever? Not sure if putting something there that's unnecessary would hurt me.
Diversity essay.

I'm looking at the last essay prompt now, and I don't have any underserved experiences. However, this is my last secondary so I don't know if Penn State is important for me. Am I bust for Penn State?

I'm looking at te last essay prompt now, and I don't have any underserved experiences. However, this is my last secondary so I don't know if Penn State is important for me. Am I bust for Penn State?

I think experiences would be OK to incorporate but aren't required for that prompt. Would be a suitable question if interested in living and serving a rural population, etc. and putting out personal expectations.

does anyone have more info about the park program? What are the advantages?

Still waiting for secondary :(

Reactions: 3 users
submitted 7/31! unfortunately that means nothing since my dumb committee letter is taking forever

does anyone have more info about the park program? What are the advantages?
From what I heard, the UP program is more hands on compared to the Hershey program. I don't think they have formal lectures and have small group discussions every week.

I haven't received the secondary yet, but does anyone know if you can apply to both UPC and Hershey at the same time or is there a place in the secondary app where you can rank preference?

I haven't received the secondary yet, but does anyone know if you can apply to both UPC and Hershey at the same time or is there a place in the secondary app where you can rank preference?
There's a little check box on one of the pages asking for interest in the UP program. Then a prompt comes up if you click "yes." The prompt is:
If yes, please briefly describe (maximum 250 words) a past experience where you were immersed in a situation in which you needed to adapt, collaborate, and grow as an individual and a team member in order to succeed.

Submitted 7/7. No secondary.... i thought they were automatic secondaries

What if I am a non-trad and been out of college for 3 years? I dont have contact with any of my old professors so getting the requirement of 3 is a little difficult. Anyone know if I can just get by with my 4 letters from volunteer work and my current job in research?