2018-2019 Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is this school still sending out interview invites? I've been complete since September and still nothing, kinda just waiting fro the pre-II hold

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
There is! Try searching for Penn State College of Medicine Class of 2023 on Facebook. If you still cannot find it send me a private message

Will a PSUCOM student be able to give an insight to how they send out interviews for applicants in "continue to review" category? Is it ranked / do they go in order of rankings?

Thanks so much in advance! :)

Is this school still sending out interview invites? I've been complete since September and still nothing, kinda just waiting fro the pre-II hold
I received an II on Friday. I was complete in Sept/Oct and have had radio silence until I got the II

Reactions: 3 users
I received an II on Friday. I was complete in Sept/Oct and have had radio silence until I got the II
Congrats!! Where you on hold prior to the invite? Would you mind sharing your LizzyM or MCAT/GPA? URM/ORM- Thanks

talked with admissions office, said they still have a lot of apps to look over. She said at the latest they will send out invites in early march for late march interviews.

Reactions: 4 users
talked with admissions office, said they still have a lot of apps to look over. She said at the latest they will send out invites in early march for late march interviews.
I’m assuming those apps are those on hold and silent? Assuming that few apps were submitted post October.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m assuming those apps are those on hold and silent? Assuming that few apps were submitted post October.
Also wondering this, or if it means they are the apps still on silent? They have actively given out pre-II R's this cycle, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Also wondering this, or if it means they are the apps still on silent? They have actively given out pre-II R's this cycle, right?
They have been giving Rs pre II. It’s just that they put a LOT of people on hold.

Reactions: 2 users
Will a PSUCOM student be able to give an insight to how they send out interviews for applicants in "continue to review" category? Is it ranked / do they go in order of rankings?
Thanks so much in advance! :)

We aren’t given that information but we do interview until March so don’t give up hope!

Guess I'll join the crew. Was put on post-II committee hold last week. LizzyM 72, OOS

If post-II committee hold == waitlist we may have a long time to go. Some med students told me they don't go into the waitlist until may and one even told me they were accepted the day before school started.

Guess I'll join the crew. Was put on post-II committee hold last week. LizzyM 72, OOS

If post-II committee hold == waitlist we may have a long time to go. Some med students told me they don't go into the waitlist until may and one even told me they were accepted the day before school started.

Do you mind telling me how long post-interview you waited for this decision? Am Just trying to gauge how many weeks/months after my interview will go by before I get any communication.

Good luck to you!

For those who are post-II hold, did anything change in your "status" tab in the portal?

Well until I see some people from this cycle get IIs after getting the hold, I can't imagine it not being a soft-R. Also, would safe to say that it's gonna be a R for the overwhelming majority of us. Way I see it is no point in clinging on to false hope
You definitely should not be clinging to false hope, but your choice of wording was wrong. The majority would end up getting rejections but “undoubtedly” a soft R essentially translates into a definite rejection, which clearly isn’t the case( at least for a few lucky folks).

So is the final consensus that a pre-II hold is a rejection?

So is the final consensus that a pre-II hold is a rejection?

I think it’s safe to assume that. A select few might get lucky and get a really late II, but so far doesn’t look like anyone from this cycle who has been placed on hold has gotten one

How long is each interview? I'm trying to figure out when to book my ticket out. My interview is supposed to be from 10:30 am to 4pm

How long is each interview? I'm trying to figure out when to book my ticket out. My interview is supposed to be from 10:30 am to 4pm
I also had the later interview time and was out by 4. To play it safe, assume 4:15 the latest so that you are sure to make your flight home.

i cannot think of a valid reason why im still in silence since the first week in august.

edit: if someone has a legitimate guess for why im all ears. Im truly confused.

Last edited:
I also had the later interview time and was out by 4. To play it safe, assume 4:15 the latest so that you are sure to make your flight home.
I will be taking the train. The first train after my interview is at 4:30 and the next one after is at 5:35. I will probably just take the 5:35 one just to be safe. Thank you.

i cannot think of a valid reason why im still in silence since the first week in august.

edit: if someone has a legitimate guess for why im all ears. Im truly confused.
I think it boils down to how they stratify apps, each school seems to have their own way of doing it. I was complete mid-Aug and only just now did they review my app and place me on pre-II hold. Craziness.

Call them. Sometimes, you can finish by 3:30 or after 4. Depends when interviewers are available. The admissions office people are incredibly nice! They told me my day ended at 3:30, which helped me easily make my flight that night.

Call them. Sometimes, you can finish by 3:30 or after 4. Depends when interviewers are available. The admissions office people are incredibly nice! They told me my day ended at 3:30, which helped me easily make my flight that night.
Thanks! I'll give them a call to find out.

Can anyone knowledgable speak to the total OOS waitlist movement here? Put on post-II hold around a week ago. Pretty disappointed, loved this school.

anyone who interviewed in the past couple weeks know how long it should take to hear back from admissions? I looked on last years forum and saw responses in mid march- early april

Can anyone knowledgable speak to the total OOS waitlist movement here? Put on post-II hold around a week ago. Pretty disappointed, loved this school.
On hold as well, Do you think there is a difference for OOS applicants?

On hold as well, Do you think there is a difference for OOS applicants?

From what I remember from interview day, there’s no preference in/out of state. Just not sure how many people they actually take off of the waitlist.

That is because they dont typically send out IIs to pre-II hold people until very late feb/early march

Would you be willing to share where you heard this info? I'm on pre-II hold and was curious about whether there is still a chance left

anyone who interviewed in the past couple weeks know how long it should take to hear back from admissions? I looked on last years forum and saw responses in mid march- early april
On interview day, they said it depends on which subcomittee gets your app, and that they have a lot of subcommittees.
Based on posts on this thread, it looks like it may take roughly 2 months

It happened... I got put on hold, y’all. Complete early August.

Does this school send out rejections pre interview or place people on hold? Also what are the chances of getting off of hold for an interview?

Any current students: is attendance mandatory for class? Besides anatomy lab and PBL

Does this school send out rejections pre interview or place people on hold? Also what are the chances of getting off of hold for an interview?
I don’t know about the chances but they do send out rejections pre-ii. There have been quite a few people reporting so on here