2018-2019 Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for those put on hold are you sending any updates?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the "Continue to Review" category, does anyone know how to increase my chances of an II, it's my state school!

+1 . I am so tempted to call them and ask what the last date for interviews would be....:yeahright:
I am tempted to do this for the 5 schools that have ghosted me since July secondary submissions and the 4 schools that have me on hold pre-II

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete in early August and have not heard anything from admissions (no pre-II hold). I called admissions a couple days ago who told me that interview invites are going out until the second or third week of March, and interviews will go on until the end of March. Hope this is helpful for some of you!

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm IS.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I was complete early October and emailed the office on Wednesday morning. They got back to me pretty quickly saying about the same thing and that my application is in a “screen ready pattern” and that it hasn’t even been reviewed but he committed yet. They ended their email with “please let us know what else we can do to help...” and I wanted to respond to that with a curt “you can help by giving me an interview” but I figured that would be a bad idea.

I was complete early October and emailed the office on Wednesday morning. They got back to me pretty quickly saying about the same thing and that my application is in a “screen ready pattern” and that it hasn’t even been reviewed but he committed yet. They ended their email with “please let us know what else we can do to help...” and I wanted to respond to that with a curt “you can help by giving me an interview” but I figured that would be a bad idea.
like wth does screen ready pattern even mean...

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed in mid September and was put on committee hold in November. Does anyone have any idea when a decision would be made or what a likely outcome of this situation is? I'm not even sure if this is a waitlist. Thank you in advance

For those who have interviewed, did admissions have a place to hold your luggage?

I interviewed in mid September and was put on committee hold in November. Does anyone have any idea when a decision would be made or what a likely outcome of this situation is? I'm not even sure if this is a waitlist. Thank you in advance
Where did you see the status saying this?

Is this a post interview invite hold? What is this emailed to you or was this on your portal?
This is pre-II and it was over email. As for when i was complete, I received an email confirming receipt of my secondary on 9/17 but in the email, it said I would receive a "application complete" email a few weeks later but actually, I never received an email saying that my application was complete from them lol

Last edited:
II just now. 3/13 AM, 3/18 and 3/20 were open

Reactions: 4 users
DID ANYBODY WHO HAD A HOLD GET AN INTERVIEW!?!? :rage::clown::clown::rage::rage::rage::rage::clap::clap::clap::clap::mad::coldfeet::coldfeet::bag::mad::mad::mad::):):):):penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin:

Reactions: 9 users
II just a few mins ago! Reapplicant with LM 68 ish. Interviewed and was placed on the post interview hold last year. Surprised and hoping for the best!

Reactions: 2 users
Have you been on hold before? Best wishes for your interview.
I've had radio silence since submission. I honestly wasn't expecting to get any more IIs at this point so it kind of came out of left field.

Congrats on the II! Would you mind sharing stats? LizzyM, IS/OOS, complete date?
Thanks! LM 70, OOS but with some ties to PA, complete 8/8

At this point, wish they’d just given us the R instead of this late hold/soft-R. :yeahright:

Reactions: 4 users
If I remember correctly, they don't review the "pre-II hold" group until March?