2018-2019 Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any hope for OOS who's on Pre-II hold?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
II friday as well. IS, came off from a hold that I was put in back in Novemberish

Members don't see this ad :)
If a current student sees this, could you message me so I can ask a question?

Anyone have any insights about post-II hold (aka just a waitlist I guess??) and what movement might be like? I believe there's one SDN user in here who wrote about being accepted off of this list but not sure what to think about my fate lol

Reactions: 2 users
II on 3/7 after being put on hold a few months ago OOS, so there's definitely still hope!

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
Anyone have any insights about post-II hold (aka just a waitlist I guess??) and what movement might be like? I believe there's one SDN user in here who wrote about being accepted off of this list but not sure what to think about my fate lol
They unfortunately said nothing about this on my interview day. I wish they did!
Do you mind telling me how many days post-II that you were put on hold? I interviewed in January and am trying to figure out if I will be on post-II hold

Reactions: 1 user
They unfortunately said nothing about this on my interview day. I wish they did!
Do you mind telling me how many days post-II that you were put on hold? I interviewed in January and am trying to figure out if I will be on post-II hold

I interviewed in December and it took 8.5 weeks for me to get the "committee hold." Correct me if I'm wrong but most ppl who were interviewed but not accepted were put on "hold."

From last year's thread Pre-II hold rejections came out mid April and those interviewed but not accepted were kept on "waitlist/hold" until after orientation.

I interviewed in December and it took 8.5 weeks for me to get the "committee hold." Correct me if I'm wrong but most ppl who were interviewed but not accepted were put on "hold."

From last year's thread Pre-II hold rejections came out mid April and those interviewed but not accepted were kept on "waitlist/hold" until after orientation.
Well I was just put on committee hold today. That really sucks. Thanks for the info

Those that are getting II's after being on hold. Are the dates for interviews in March?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I didnt see any in april. Not sure if they’re adding more but when I scheduled it was only end of march dates

Thank you. I also emailed admissions asking about the interview dates. Basically if you will be taken off pre-II hold, it will be this month because interviews are finished at the end of March. Good luck everyone. Hope this helps people who are still waiting.

Thank you. I also emailed admissions asking about the interview dates. Basically if you will be taken off pre-II hold, it will be this month because interviews are finished at the end of March. Good luck everyone. Hope this helps people who are still waiting.
Yikes, I guess its a wash then.

Are people who are getting II from being on hold receiving an email or just a portal change?

Are people who are getting II from being on hold receiving an email or just a portal change?
I received an email. I had the "interview" tab when I logged onto my portal to schedule the interview.

@PSUCOM student
Do you happen to know if (post-interview) committee holds typically turn into the waitlist?
MSAR says the waitlist typically has 15-25 people on it with ~25 acceptances coming from the waitlist, so the waitlist sounds nice

Any chance of getting an interview still? Haven't heard anything since submitting secondary

Any chance of getting an interview still? Haven't heard anything since submitting secondary
When I interviewed, they mentioned they were wrapping up interviews and would be finished by the end of March (March 28th I believe)

Sorry if I missed this from an earlier post but does any know when they release financial aid?

Anyone know when the early february interviewers are likely to hear back? My guess is the beginning of April/end of March

Anyone know when the early february interviewers are likely to hear back? My guess is the beginning of April/end of March

At my February interview they said 4-6 weeks. Who knows how accurate that will be, but that’s what they said.

Im an early February waiter as well, and it’s already been 6 weeks as of today, definitely next week either Thursday/Friday or Monday the 1st I’m thinking (based off of last year’s thread)

has anyone gotten a second email or more information about second look day?

About ~14 people on this thread have been put on post-II committee hold.
Given that not that many people post here, I bet at least 50 people are on this list... Probably more.

Don't mind me, just trying to figure out where I stand ;):(;)

EDIT: 15 counting Jessim7

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
About ~14 people on this thread have been put on post-II committee hold.
Given that not that many people post here, I bet at least 50 people are on this list... Probably more.

Don't mind me, just trying to figure out where I stand ;):(;)
I’m on post II hold as well

Does anyone have an idea of how many acceptances have been given out so far and/or how many they normally give each cycle to fill the class?

I didn't have any specific questions, but the portal said that registration wouldn't be complete until an email confirmation was received.
I'm sorry that happened, did you miss Second Look Day? If you would like us to send you all of the information presented just shoot me a private message.

Accepted just now via e-mail :biglove:, ahhhhh how I love this school. Interviewed mid-February

Reactions: 6 users
I was early feb! It was 7 weeks and two days lol

Accepted this morning! LM 00S Interviewed mid-feb