Mar 19, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I just know for a fact that I’m gonna submit my application for next cycle and find a new apartment for 6/1 and then I’ll hear something if I do lol

Nicole Kidd

2+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
The "scholarship" is that you're getting your MD in 3 years so you won't be technically paying for a 4th year of med school. They don't give you any money. Also, should you exit the accelerated pathway you revert back to having to pay for the 4th year.

For the neurosurgery track it's basically the same info as in my other post. Only other info I know is that in the past 2 years they've done it they have had 5 applicants each year and they have only accepted 1. I was told they may be looking to accept 2 depending on how many apply this year or if they get an exceptional candidate, but otherwise they just take 1 person.
What about the clinician investigator 3+1 is it also accelerated by only paying for 3 years? Thanks!

Jul 31, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
I looked before but it took a while to find it, but does anyone know from the last couple of years when the last announced acceptance went out for Penn State here on sdn?

I know an OOS acceptance from last year came out on June 6th...

Reactions: molly41

SirButtcheek

I'm Buttiful not Assinine
May 24, 2018
Wilkes Barre
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Aaaaand MSTP rejection. Kewl.

Nov 29, 2018
I'm very sorry fam. Hang in there.

If it's any consellation, my January interview went great and I am completely shocked that I wasn't accepted--I am WL but it feels like an R because this school has no WL movement. It hurts. I am really likely going to be a reapplicant. It is sad

It will work out some day
Not sure where you heard we don't have any WL movement but we traditionally do! Every year is a bit different but I would not give up hope yet as it is still possible for the waitlist to move.

mdoc339

2+ Year Member
May 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Not sure where you heard we don't have any WL movement but we traditionally do! Every year is a bit different but I would not give up hope yet as it is still possible for the waitlist to move.
Yeah I remember seeing on msar that it was something like 60% acceptance from the WL? Not sure how accurate or when the biggest movement tends to happen though

Oct 7, 2018
Sorry--by no, I meant very little. I should be more clear.

I like you positivity, but I like to be realistic as well. The 2017-2018 thread and this thread both have like ~3ish acceptances during May off the WL, and not much WL movement any other month. This is a very slow moving WL,over the years. There is a low chance we will be accepted off the WL. I do not mean to be negative--just real. I would love to attend this school but the odds of me doing that seem low.

May 2, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical

I like you positivity, but I like to be realistic as well. The 2017-2018 thread and this thread both have like ~3ish acceptances during May off the WL, and not much WL movement any other month. This is a very slow moving WL,over the years. There is a low chance we will be accepted off the WL. I do not mean to be negative--just real. I would love to attend this school but the odds of me doing that seem low.
I completely agree. I love this school, but I also think it's ridiculous that they don't reject after interviewing. I can't even imagine how long the waitlist is currently and it sucks that so, so many of us are stuck holding out for a very unlikely acceptance at this point.

Reactions: molly41
Jul 15, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
I completely agree. I love this school, but I also think it's ridiculous that they don't reject after interviewing. I can't even imagine how long the waitlist is currently and it sucks that so, so many of us are stuck holding out for a very unlikely acceptance at this point.
Completely agree

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2018

Many of my classmates did not use SDN (or at least didn't post) so your count is not correct for the 2017-2018 year. I understand wanting to be realistic but I wouldn't leap to too many conclusions.

Oct 7, 2018
Many of my classmates did not use SDN (or at least didn't post) so your count is not correct for the 2017-2018 year. I understand wanting to be realistic but I wouldn't leap to too many conclusions.
To be specific, I do not mean to suggest that there were 3 acceptances off the WL in May. Not everyone uses SDN, so there were likely more than that. Yes. But, compared to other school-specific SDN threads (over multiple cycles. not just this one), there is a lot less WL movement reported for Penn State. This suggests that there is less WL movement here than other schools. This is why I believe that WL movement is slow at this school. This seems like a reasonable conclusion to me.

I will try to stay positive about WL movement here. We all should be. But we should also be realistic.

Apr 27, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey guys and @PSUCOM student, I am yet to recieve my financial aid packet. Icompleted all my pre-matriculation requirements but no response from the college as of yet. Does anyone has a timeline to receive said package and if yes, what kind of finacial options does it contain ? Do I have to apply for scholarships/grants and loans seperately ?

Nov 29, 2018
Hey guys and @PSUCOM student, I am yet to recieve my financial aid packet. Icompleted all my pre-matriculation requirements but no response from the college as of yet. Does anyone has a timeline to receive said package and if yes, what kind of finacial options does it contain ? Do I have to apply for scholarships/grants and loans seperately ?
Did you complete your FAFSA? I would call admissions or student aid if you think it has been too long.

Mar 12, 2019
Do they provide any individual tablets for students here? I know some other medical schools give tablets to all incoming first years, and I noticed the Books/Medical equipment fees are ~ $1,000 higher for M1 than other years (though this may just be for miscellaneous things, too.)

Aug 15, 2018
PA
Status
Pre-Medical
Check your LionPath