2018-2019 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wait why then do my WL letters say if I’m accepted my deposit is $1750

That is the total deposit that has to be paid by everyone, 250 + 1500. People on the waitlist have to pay it all at once if they are offered a seat.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
That is the total deposit that has to be paid by everyone, 250 + 1500. People on the waitlist have to pay it all at once if they are offered a seat.

You have to pay it all at once if you are accepted after April 15th. I was accepted off the waitlist and only had to put down $250. I have to pay the $1500 on April 15th like everyone else.

II today, complete back in August.

I'm a little confused: I applied for both the Georgia & Philly campuses, am I interviewing for both or only the Georgia campus?

Members don't see this ad :)
II today, complete back in August.

I'm a little confused: I applied for both the Georgia & Philly campuses, am I interviewing for both or only the Georgia campus?

You are most likely interviewing for the Georgia Campus. From my knowledge, the Georgia and Philadelphia campus operate independently. The Georgia and South Georgia interviews are being held together currently at the Suwanee Campus because the Moultrie Campus is still under construction. Also, the interview invite email should have specified which campus it was for in subject line. Good luck!

You are most likely interviewing for the Georgia Campus. From my knowledge, the Georgia and Philadelphia campus operate independently. The Georgia and South Georgia interviews are being held together currently at the Suwanee Campus because the Moultrie Campus is still under construction. Also, the interview invite email should have specified which campus it was for in subject line. Good luck!
You right, you right. Thanks!

Accepted today from waitlist, interviewed 12/14, waitlisted 1/14, accepted via snail mail 2/7

Reactions: 6 users
Hey everyone, interviewed Jan 4th, waitlisted a week later, and then got accepted two days ago 2/6. I've decided to go to a school closer to my home, so hopefully one of you guys on the waitlist or interviewing soon can get an acceptance!
LM 72

Reactions: 4 users
When we contact PCOM, there's only one admission email for three campuses, right? When we ask about our app, do we need to say something like "please forward the info to all three campuses because I applied all programs"?

When we contact PCOM, there's only one admission email for three campuses, right? When we ask about our app, do we need to say something like "please forward the info to all three campuses because I applied all programs"?
Georgia has their own email and you can find that email either on their website or I think in the email they send out. Each campus does their own thing so it is best you write to the campus you are interested in directly.

I can not believe how little I learned about this school during the interview experience . The staff played an omm video and didn’t cover anything else like boards, the history of the school, what makes the school unique. I didn’t feel right about this school at. All

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I can not believe how little I learned about this school during the interview experience . The staff played an omm video and didn’t cover anything else like boards, the history of the school, what makes the school unique. I didn’t feel right about this school at. All
Hopefully you go to LSU then :)

On top of that when I walked in it was like an undergrad college! The noise level was horrendous and students were just hanging in the hallway. Very unprofessional setting...

It’s not even about that VCOM was a professional setting, and organized, informative.
PLEASE @Creolemariee go to LSU if you have an acceptance there already. You can thank me later. Once it's time to go to residency you can leave New Orleans if you hate the location that much.

Wow. A little bummed after reading these comments. Interviewed here recently and was pretty excited about it, but now I’m realizing, yeah, they told us nothing about the school interview day. And ofc their website tells us to “contact the school” for more info. Maybe i was a little naive considering it’s my first/only interview atm

And let me tell you! They have some good DO schools out there!
Wow. A little bummed after reading these comments. Interviewed here recently and was pretty excited about it, but now I’m realizing, yeah, they told us nothing about the school interview day. And ofc their website tells us to “contact the school” for more info. Maybe i was a little naive considering it’s my first/only interview atm
trust me if you interviewed at any other school MD or DO it’s way more professional and organized. If this is the only place your accepted and you don’t want to take a GAP year it’s up to you to decided to attend

Were students just hanging around in the hallways like when I went ?

Were students just hanging around in the hallways like when I went ?

Yes! And i did think it was odd at the time. But i guess i rationalized that it was normal since, again, i haven’t seen any other med school really. I got there ~an hour early and they were all hanging out since then till at least 30 minutes after our interview day was supposed to begin (now I’m realizing the interview day started late). I’m not sure what I’ll do if it’s my only acceptance bc i was a bit uneducated when it came to applying to DO schools and didn’t apply to many. I do have an interview at AZCOM later

Yes! And i did think it was odd at the time. But i guess i rationalized that it was normal since, again, i haven’t seen any other med school really. I got there ~an hour early and they were all hanging out since then till at least 30 minutes after our interview day was supposed to begin (now I’m realizing the interview day started late). I’m not sure what I’ll do if it’s my only acceptance bc i was a bit uneducated when it came to applying to DO schools and didn’t apply to many. I do have an interview at AZCOM later
If it's your only acceptance, it will be perfectly fine to attend. Nothing wrong with the school really except the fact that it's a DO school like any other DO school. You will definitely become a DOctor if you attend and put in the work. Also it's a branch PCOM which is one of the very first DO schools. Though it might not be as great of a school as PCOM in PA, but I believe they have lots of connections already just by being under PCOM, and their match list are solid. So don't worry too much about it, and go in with an open mind and be realistic about the outcome attached with being a DO student.

If it's your only acceptance, it will be perfectly fine to attend. Nothing wrong with the school really except the fact that it's a DO school like any other DO school. You will definitely become a DOctor if you attend and put in the work. Also it's a branch PCOM which is one of the very first DO schools. Though it might not be as great of a school as PCOM in PA, but I believe they have lots of connections already just by being under PCOM, and their match list are solid. So don't worry too much about it, and go in with an open mind and be realistic about the outcome attached with being a DO student.
That’s not the only thing wrong !

That’s not the only thing wrong !
What else is wrong? Also, @drsparrow it would be better to get the insight of someone that actually attend the school. I attend a different school, but if it was my only acceptance, I would have definitely attended just because I wanna be a DOctor. Plus the fact that passing on a medical school acceptance is a red flag for subsequent application.

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more.

I just randomly checked my portal for South Georgia and a deposit link opened so if it’s what I think it is then i got in!!!

@Tennis11207 im sure seats will continue to open up over the next few months and I think this applies to most med schools too as people get other acceptances, good luck!

What else is wrong? Also, @drsparrow it would be better to get the insight of someone that actually attend the school. I attend a different school, but if it was my only acceptance, I would have definitely attended just because I wanna be a DOctor. Plus the fact that passing on a medical school acceptance is a red flag for subsequent application.
All you need to do is visit the school! I seen enough!

One of the tour guides actually said he chose
Pcom because it was his only choice... and don’t you find it odd that you attend a tour for a school and learn NOTHING about the program. They literally showed an 8 min video about OMM (wow) and allowed a financial aid person speak just to tell us that our main way to pay for medical school will be loans, then we jumped in a tour of the school which didn’t show us much. Oner tour guide said his favorite aspect of PCOM is the “state of the art venilators” and none of the students could tell me much about rotations except that it’s pretty spread out .... across Atlanta.... Jacksonville, and New York? Wow

Completely agree with this statement. First off, I was invited 4 days before the interview date. I find that very inconvenient for students who don’t live in GA or for students who can’t just drop everything for an interview. We were thrown into a room they called the “holding cell” after doing the 30 minute writing assignment. Their presentation consisted of a woman telling us to apply for FAFSA and that we will have to take out student loans... as if we didn’t know that already. Then we watched an OMM video because they assumed we had no knowledge of it. It was a general video that wasn’t related to PCOM at all. Lunch was served. We were brought on a tour that was pretty generic. One of the students bringing us around sounded like a salesman trying to make a pitch. I just felt like the whole school was a scam lol. Interview went well. The staff member and student were very nice.

I got the vibe that the staff do not care for the students very much. The day was very unorganized. I would like to know board scores, rotation sites, research opportunities, student orgs, curriculum, etc, but no info was given on these. All that i know about the curriculum is that anatomy with lab is only 13 weeks long. Even dental students have anatomy for a longer period of time!!!! Either the students don’t get tested well enough on anatomy or students study anatomy at every waking moment they have. Also, if you applied to PCOM-South GA, they will give you no information about the school.

Last edited:
Completely agree with this statement. First off, I was invited 4 days before the interview date. I find that very inconvenient for students who don’t live in GA or for students who can’t just drop everything for an interview. We were thrown into a room they called the “holding cell” after doing the 30 minute writing assignment. Their presentation consisted of a woman telling us to apply for FAFSA and that we will have to take out student loans... as if we didn’t know that already. Then we watched an OMM video because they assumed we had no knowledge of it. It was a general video that wasn’t related to PCOM at all. Lunch was served. We were brought on a tour that was pretty generic. One of the students bringing us around sounded like a salesman trying to make a pitch. I just felt like the whole school was a scam lol. Interview went well. The staff member and student were very nice.

I got the vibe that the staff do not care for the students very much. The day was very unorganized. I would like to know board scores, rotation sites, research opportunities, student orgs, curriculum, etc, but no info was given on these. All that i know about the curriculum is that anatomy with lab is only 13 weeks long. Even dental students have anatomy for a longer period of time!!!! Either the students don’t get tested well enough on anatomy or students study anatomy at every waking moment they have. Also, if you applied to PCOM-South GA, they will give you no information about the school.

I feel bad for people who do not have another acceptance at a different school.

I feel you on all your complaints, and I would be worried too if I were you going through the process for the first time. But you can't deny the fact that they have produced Doctors already, and that you got a real chance if its your only acceptance. The reality is all DO schools suck, some may suck less than others, but all them will have their issues that you will have to deal with. You just have to keep your head down and keep grinding until you make it. I do agree though that maybe the school should try to improve their interview day presentations a little bit lol.

As an FYI though many schools have anatomy curriculum built in only the first few weeks of school. As a matter of fact my school's anatomy class only run for 12 weeks, and for these first 12 weeks it's mostly anatomy everyday and lab once a week. There's no problem with that as long you cover everything you need to cover, and at my school we do have time to cover everything from head to toe. Frankly, I like it better like this because I don't think I could have handled another semester of anatomy without feeling depressed.

Last edited:
I feel you on all your complaints, and I would be worried too if I were you going through the process for the first time. But you can't deny the fact that they have produced Doctors already, and that you got a real chance if its your only acceptance. The reality is all DO schools sucks, some may suck less than others, but all them will have their issues that you will have to deal with. You just have to keep your head down and keep grinding until you make it. I do agree though that maybe the school should try to improve their interview day presentations a little bit lol.

As an FYI though many schools have anatomy curriculum built in only the first few weeks of school. As a matter of fact my school's anatomy class only run for 12 weeks, and for these first 12 weeks it's mostly anatomy everyday and lab once a week. There's no problem with that as long you cover everything you need to cover, and at my school we do have time to cover everything from head to toe. Frankly, I like it better like this because I don't think I could have handled another semester of anatomy without feeling depressed.

Yeah, personally, I just don’t think 13 weeks is enough time to know what you need to know.

Yeah, personally, I just don’t think 13 weeks is enough time to know what you need to know.

Trust me 13 weeks is gonna be more than enough time when you have 4-5 hours of anatomy lectures 4 days a week (16 to 20 hrs/week), and 3 hours of anatomy lab a week.

Edit: Plus anatomy is not a big part of boards anyway.

If you guys have questions don't hesitate to DM current students. Quite a few are pretty active on here.

I will admit admissions does a terrible job selling the school. Welcome to medical school politics. Me and several other 2nd years can't go to every interview because of boards and stuff.

We were brought on a tour that was pretty generic. One of the students bringing us around sounded like a salesman trying to make a pitch.
That was probably me haha. Sorry if that rubbed you the wrong way. I like to tell personal stories about the school during tours.

thanks again to @DrStephenStrange for at least attempting to alleviate tension (and the guy/gal doesn't even go here).

Reactions: 2 users
Hi! I see a lot of people talking about their interview day. I just wanted to say that unfortunately, I am one of those applicants who is really hoping to get at least one acceptance to any medical school. I could be biased but I thought I had a great interview day. Yea they didn't talk about residency match or board scores but the students during our tour were awesome and very informative. While we were waiting for our interviews they stayed behind and just talked to us about their experience and how it's been overall. Yea they seem super happy that they got into a medical school but one of them said it best: "boards are what you make of it and depends on how you prepare." From what I gathered at my two interviews this cycle was that schools cover the basic knowledge you need to know to be a doctor, test you on that knowledge in COMLEX type questions, and give you the material and resources so that you can do your prep for the COMLEX outside of the classroom.

Like @DrStephenStrange said, this school has produced doctors and their residency matches are pretty good with a good range of specialties (not just family medicine). PLUS I thought the school was really nice to be honest. The sim lab was spot on. Even the OMM room was really nice and they had a few experienced students there to help during random hours of the day. The area around the school is very nice and diverse too (I'm Asian and there were a lot of Asian restaurants a few minutes from the school LOL. Like I said, I may be a little biased hahaha.

On a different note... I interviewed on 2/1/19 and I saw that some people heard back really quickly. When do you guys think I should expect to hear back?

Reactions: 3 users
Hi! I see a lot of people talking about their interview day. I just wanted to say that unfortunately, I am one of those applicants who is really hoping to get at least one acceptance to any medical school. I could be biased but I thought I had a great interview day. Yea they didn't talk about residency match or board scores but the students during our tour were awesome and very informative. While we were waiting for our interviews they stayed behind and just talked to us about their experience and how it's been overall. Yea they seem super happy that they got into a medical school but one of them said it best: "boards are what you make of it and depends on how you prepare." From what I gathered at my two interviews this cycle was that schools cover the basic knowledge you need to know to be a doctor, test you on that knowledge in COMLEX type questions, and give you the material and resources so that you can do your prep for the COMLEX outside of the classroom.

Like @DrStephenStrange said, this school has produced doctors and their residency matches are pretty good with a good range of specialties (not just family medicine). PLUS I thought the school was really nice to be honest. The sim lab was spot on. Even the OMM room was really nice and they had a few experienced students there to help during random hours of the day. The area around the school is very nice and diverse too (I'm Asian and there were a lot of Asian restaurants a few minutes from the school LOL. Like I said, I may be a little biased hahaha.

On a different note... I interviewed on 2/1/19 and I saw that some people heard back really quickly. When do you guys think I should expect to hear back?

I love your positivity!! Not hearing anything could mean a couple things. It could mean they haven't decided on your application yet, you could be waitlisted, or the letter hasn't reached you yet. Keep an eye on your online portal for updates. Waitlist isn't a horrible place to be if you do end up on it. There has been a lot of movement especially at the South Ga campus. Best of luck!

Reading all of these negative comments make me wonder if I should attend the interview at this school in the next couple weeks.
I already got accepted at KYCOM and waiting to hear back post II from KCU, ARCOM and DCOM. So how do you compare bw this school vs. KYCOM so far?

Reading all of these negative comments make me wonder if I should attend the interview at this school in the next couple weeks.
I already got accepted at KYCOM and waiting to hear back post II from KCU, ARCOM and DCOM. So how do you compare bw this school vs. KYCOM so far?

One of my interview group mates was accepted at KYCOM, and she said she didn’t like the school very much. Obviously PCOM is a good school with a substantial reputation; the interview day was just kind of wack.

I heard a lot of KYCOM rotations are subpar, and they really push on primary care, so if you're not Ok with IM/FM, I'd encourage you to consider other schools' interview invites. Also, their average for COMLEX dropped from the 500's to a 470 this year from what I've heard.

Last edited:
Decided I'll be going to another school so I withdrew my acceptance here, hopefully it will go to one of you! Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 6 users
For those who interviewed how long did it take for you to hear back

For those students already accepted or waitlisted can you pm your stats when you get a chance out of your busy schedules. Also urm info would be great too, doing a study for a med school counseling group.