2018-2019 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else still who interviewed 2/1 still haven’t hear back? It’s only been 4-ish weeks. Should I send an email?

I would hold off. They said it could take up to 6 weeks so I would wait until then before reaching out to them. But I interviewed the same day and got waitlisted last week. I would guess your letter will be coming soon. Please let us know what you hear and good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I would hold off. They said it could take up to 6 weeks so I would wait until then before reaching out to them. But I interviewed the same day and got waitlisted last week. I would guess your letter will be coming soon. Please let us know what you hear and good luck!
Do you have to send anything back to let them know you are still interested in being on the waitlist?

Do you have to send anything back to let them know you are still interested in being on the waitlist?

You could send a letter of intent but I chose to send mine the day of my interview. So basically I’m just waiting. If I haven’t heard by the end of the spring semester I plan on sending grade updates. But I have no clue about how to reach out to them to express my interest.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview request. Do we think they’re still seriously interviewing people or is this just a stat pad (interviewing more and accepting the same so their acceptance rate is lower and they come off more selective)?

Just got an interview request. Do we think they’re still seriously interviewing people or is this just a stat pad (interviewing more and accepting the same so their acceptance rate is lower and they come off more selective)?

It is highly likely the class is already full or almost full. You may very well end up on the waitlist. However, it seems like in the past that a large portion of students do come off the waitlist. I think the school interviews so many students to ensure that they will have a full class. This year is different with the South GA Campus opening. There are more spots if you applied and are willing to attend that campus. Good luck on your interview and I hope you get in!!

So just to update everyone. My portal for both Georgia and South Georgia changed this morning. Don’t ask me why it changed on a Sunday but it did. Now awaiting a letter (or 2) in the mail!

Reactions: 2 users
So just to update everyone. My portal for both Georgia and South Georgia changed this morning. Don’t ask me why it changed on a Sunday but it did. Now awaiting a letter (or 2) in the mail!

Congratulations!!! That is awesome!!

Reactions: 1 users
Your portal changed to a deposit or just changed to something else? Congrats if you got in!

Members don't see this ad :)

Congratulations! My heart skipped a few beats after reading this. I checked mine and my portal changed for South Georgia! Super happy but hoping I’m waitlisted at the Georgia campus.

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations! My heart skipped a few beats after reading this. I checked mine and my portal changed for South Georgia! Super happy but hoping I’m waitlisted at the Georgia campus.

Congratulations!! So happy for y'all!

Do you mind sharing your stats?

I just got an invite on Tuesday, for a interview in 4 days and I am going ? From what you guys are telling me is it a waste of time

I just got an invite on Tuesday, for a interview in 4 days and I am going ? From what you guys are telling me is it a waste of time

Honestly, that’s more notice than I received ha.. I personally enjoyed my interview day experience, but I would say if you have already been accepted to another school/already made your mind up about what you are looking for and know what school you want then you may want to skip. It wasn’t a bad experience for me and I think some of the comments on SDN can be exaggerated..

Honestly, that’s more notice than I received ha.. I personally enjoyed my interview day experience, but I would say if you have already been accepted to another school/already made your mind up about what you are looking for and know what school you want then you may want to skip. It wasn’t a bad experience for me and I think some of the comments on SDN can be exaggerated..
Well I did one interview at a D.O. school in texas got rejected there. So I thought it was over and I have been studying for a retake since Feb to take in May.

You think I have a chance
E.C. Clubs President and VP two clubs
Practical Nurse for 3 Years
GPA 3.81
Sci GPA 3.83
MCAT- 495
I know ^ is whats holding me back, and I landed in Georgia

Well I did one interview at a D.O. school in texas got rejected there. So I thought it was over and I have been studying for a retake since Feb to take in May.

GPA 3.81
Sci GPA 3.83
MCAT- 495

I know it’s difficult to keep up the pace when you’ve gotten a rejection from another school, but PCOM gave you an interview invite for a reason and so I think they see potential. The interview is closed file so the interviewer won’t know about your MCAT score and you don’t have to tell them. Tell them about how awesome you are in everything else you do! If you have the time and ability to get to the interview, then it wouldn’t hurt you to go and see. If anything, you will learn more about yourself and interview days for the next application cycle! And keep up the motivation on the MCAT studying! I am currently also studying for the MCAT in the event that I’m not accepted to a school this round and I want to be ready.

GPA 3.81
Sci GPA 3.83
MCAT- 495

Don’t give up! I got accepted with Mcat score <500

I know it’s difficult to keep up the pace when you’ve gotten a rejection from another school, but PCOM gave you an interview invite for a reason and so I think they see potential. The interview is closed file so the interviewer won’t know about your MCAT score and you don’t have to tell them. Tell them about how awesome you are in everything else you do! If you have the time and ability to get to the interview, then it wouldn’t hurt you to go and see. If anything, you will learn more about yourself and interview days for the next application cycle! And keep up the motivation on the MCAT studying! I am currently also studying for the MCAT in the event that I’m not accepted to a school this round and I want to be ready.
Don’t give up! I got accepted with Mcat score <500

Thanks for the good vibes means alot! Wish the best

Anyone accepted for South GA going to the luncheon?

When and where is it? They emailed me my acceptance letter because they sent my letter to the wrong address... LOL... they only sent me the letter but nothing else.

When and where is it? They emailed me my acceptance letter because they sent my letter to the wrong address... LOL... they only sent me the letter but nothing else.

Friday, April 5, 2019

Program: 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.

800 N Veterans Pkwy
Moultrie, GA 31768

Friday, April 5, 2019
Program: 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.

800 N Veterans Pkwy
Moultrie, GA 31768
Is this just for the South Georgia campus?

Is there a Facebook group created for those attending the Ga campus?
Also, do you guys know if attendance is mandatory? And if it’s what percentage?
Thank you in advance :)

Is there a Facebook group created for those attending the Ga campus?
Also, do you guys know if attendance is mandatory? And if it’s what percentage?
Thank you in advance :)
I spoke with PCOM rep the other day. Attendance is mandatory. They directed me to their policy manual on the website for specifics, but that document just said that the details of attendance requirements are determined by the individual professors.

There does not seem to be a Facebook group as of today.

You could send a letter of intent but I chose to send mine the day of my interview. So basically I’m just waiting. If I haven’t heard by the end of the spring semester I plan on sending grade updates. But I have no clue about how to reach out to them to express my interest.

What do you tell them or include in email ?

I spoke with PCOM rep the other day. Attendance is mandatory. They directed me to their policy manual on the website for specifics, but that document just said that the details of attendance requirements are determined by the individual professors.

There does not seem to be a Facebook group as of today.
Wow so know one even know what is the percentage of attendance required. That’s sucks