2018-2019 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Or am I incorrect and this was on all waitlist letters?

The biochem thing was not on my waitlist letter for s-ga

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is there a Facebook group created for those attending the Ga campus?
Also, do you guys know if attendance is mandatory? And if it’s what percentage?
Thank you in advance :)

I found this facebook page

I interviewed on March 15th and received waitlist letters for both Georgia and South Georgia (about 2 weeks later). I was a bit concerned because both letters stated, in red, that if offered a seat I had to show proof of completion of biochemistry by May. However, I have already completed a biochemistry course. It is my understanding that this statement was not on all waitlist letters. I decided to call PCOM to ask and was told that they did have a record of me taking biochem and I was not waitlisted for that reason. I guess my question would be why was this included in my letter when it did not apply to me? Or am I incorrect and this was on all waitlist letters? I know a similar question had been asked in previous pages but I do believe that answer applied in my case. Any feedback is appreciated and good luck to all my waitlist brothers and sisters!

I had this issue in mine as well. It turns out that on AACOMAS my Biochem course was listed as another type of class so that’s what PCOM thought as well. I had to call AACOMAS and have the problem fixed through them and then PCOM recognized by Biochem class.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone selected off the wait list recently?
Doesn't seem like it, does anyone know when the admissions committee meets? If they meet later in the week like Friday, we might get some movement starting next week because the 2nd deposit was due this Monday. If they already met, then I guess theres not much movement until May 15th :(

Reactions: 2 users
Hi guys,

I interviewed 3/29, was WL on 4/5 and think I was accepted 4/19 ($1750 deposit requirement on portal showed up).

Reactions: 6 users
Hi guys,

I interviewed 3/29, was WL on 4/5 and think I was accepted 4/19 ($1750 deposit requirement on portal showed up).
Congrats! Which campus did you get accepted to? Do you mind sharing your stats?

Thank you! I got into the GA campus!

508 MCAT (Jan 2019), 3.2 cGPA, 3.9 biomed gpa. 4000+ hours DO shadowing / clinical exp.

Thank you!
Thats very impressive, especially those clinical hours, congrats man you deserve it!

You've been asking, so here they are! The official Class of 2023 Facebook Groups.

If you've been accepted, you should also receive an email from admissions with the same links. PLEASE ONLY REQUEST TO JOIN IF YOU ARE AN ACCEPTED STUDENT AND PLAN ON ATTENDING!!!! This is a page for STUDENTS.
All who are on the WL, good luck (I was a waitlister!), and come and join once you're accepted!!

These are the only official groups, meaning these will be the only places you will receive important info & announcements from your upperclassmen and DO Council.

Georgia (Suwanee)

South Georgia (Moultrie)

Hi Everyone,

I need your help to choose between the PCOM GA and PCOM SGA campuses.
What ARE the differences that can impact the 3rd, 4th year rotations and residency positions?
Please help.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Everyone,

What ARE the differences that can impact the 3rd, 4th year rotations and residency positions?
Please help.

Thank you
I would first say, that PCOM overall is an established D.O. in a lot of the 3 Year specialties like Emergency, Family and Internal. If you want to do something else maybe go to PCOM since they have more connections up there with different hospitals and there's a chance you can get a research opportunity. To be more competitive, 3rd and 4th are usually the clinical years. So usually you have the option to now move and you can stay in GA, there FL and there's also OG PCOM. Honestly, they are two of the same campuses, the cool thing about SGA is you will be part of the founding class at the newest campus, so most shiny stuff!

Hi Everyone,

Please help.

Thank you
In addition to what was said above... SGA is more in a rural area while GA probably has a lot more things to do around the area. You'll be at school for a while so you should take location into consideration as well. But as for 3rd and 4th year rotations it's hard to say since this is SGA's first class and the GA rotations are more established. Curriculum wise they seem the same

I would first say, that PCOM overall is an established D.O. in a lot of the 3 Year specialties like Emergency, Family and Internal. If you want to do something else maybe go to PCOM since they have more connections up there with different hospitals and there's a chance you can get a research opportunity. To be more competitive, 3rd and 4th are usually the clinical years. So usually you have the option to now move and you can stay in GA, there FL and there's also OG PCOM. Honestly, they are two of the same campuses, the cool thing about SGA is you will be part of the founding class at the newest campus, so most shiny stuff!

Thank you.
Do you think the Program Directors care if you are from a brand new campus (SGA) versus already established campus (GA)? How does the 'founding class' effect work? and then is it positive or negative overall?

Has anyone else been accepted off the wait list?
I interviewed 3/29, waitlisted 4/5, accepted 4/19 (But I saw it only yesterday). I have acceptance for both GA and SGA, but I am feeling the pull from both locations. So, call it commitment issues or sitting on fence...got to decide between the two <sighing>

I interviewed 3/29, waitlisted 4/5, accepted 4/19 (But I saw it only yesterday). I have acceptance for both GA and SGA, but I am feeling the pull from both locations. So, call it commitment issues or sitting on fence...got to decide between the two

Congrats! When do you have to respond by?

Thank you. May 2nd or 3rd. But I want to do it today or at most by tomorrow, so it frees up the extra seat for someone else. Any thoughts, please.

Thank you. May 2nd or 3rd. But I want to do it today or at most by tomorrow, so it frees up the extra seat for someone else. Any thoughts, please.

Ooh okay! I was just wondering how long they give you to respond post-deadline. Honestly, I am on the WL at the Suwanee campus so I am hoping to get in there. I do not know much about the South Georgia campus bc I didn’t apply to that one but from interview day, it sounded really nice. I also thought it was really great that they mentioned they were going to have the students working in local clinics there in 1st and 2nd years - I thought that sounded like a great opportunity to learn patient skills prior to 3rd year in addition to everything else they do. I do wish that the Suwanee campus had that opportunity.

I believe at Suwanee Campus they do too. On the website they mentioned that they have an OMM open clinic for the local community. After some clearance (paper-work) and with some one in command, we should be able to participate and help out. Perhaps, current students at Suwanee can clarify this with certainty.

I believe at Suwanee Campus they do too. On the website they mentioned that they have an OMM open clinic for the local community. After some clearance (paper-work) and with some one in command, we should be able to participate and help out. Perhaps, current students at Suwanee can clarify this with certainty.

Yeah, I asked about that at my interview and they said it was just for the community but they didn’t think students could go to it. I’m not sure if they can participate or not - would be great to have more info on this.

Wish I was in your position... I'm on the WL lol. But let us know what you decide!

@MDspartanMD
I totally feel your pain. Soon, I believe the waitlist will be galloping along and pretty soon we might even be at the same campus, or long distance fellow-students. :) Hugs my friend.

Reactions: 1 users
@MDspartanMD
I totally feel your pain. Soon, I believe the waitlist will be galloping along and pretty soon we might even be at the same campus, or long distance fellow-students. :) Hugs my friend.
I hope so! I wish you the best!! :)

Yeah, I asked about that at my interview and they said it was just for the community but they didn’t think students could go to it. I’m not sure if they can participate or not - would be great to have more info on this.

Unfortunately no school sponsored clinics students can practice at (at the moment), but there are ample volunteer opportunities through school clubs to actually work with patients.

I interviewed on 3/29 but I have yet to hear back :( really liked PCOM Georgia, hopefully I find out soon.

I was selected off the waitlist for PCOM-GA. I am totally open minded what type of medicine I'd like to do.

1) Is there an attendance policy?
2) Should I choose between Campbell or PCOM-GA? Thanks!

I was selected off the waitlist for PCOM-GA. I am totally open minded what type of medicine I'd like to do.

1) Is there an attendance policy?
2) Should I choose between Campbell or PCOM-GA? Thanks!

I believe they started out with an attendance policy this year and it sounded pretty strict in the beginning. From what I’ve read on here, its either a hit or miss whether the students like it or not. And congrats! When did you find out?

I believe they started out with an attendance policy this year and it sounded pretty strict in the beginning. From what I’ve read on here, its either a hit or miss whether the students like it or not. And congrats! When did you find out?
Just yesterday

I paid the deposit for GA campus, and have released the SGA seat. Hope it goes to one of you wonderful people. It took me longer to decide as I felt the pull from both. But, now it is done.

Is there a most recent PCOM GA match list floating around?

So question for the current acceptees, currently, I have been studying for the MCAT since Feb. I have scored the following scores 492-493-500-501-501-503-501. I have been using mostly Altius test prep and AAMC. The AAMC FL 1 500 and AAMC FL 501. I am scheduled to take the test on May 11

I am hoping to get off the waitlist for PCOM using the updated scores, I said my stats here before but,

3.81 GPA w/ Neuroscience and Behavior
3.9 Science GPA
President for Honor Society
Leadership role in a community outreach club
50 hours of shadowing
Mission Trip- to a neighboring island close to FL
70 hours of Volunteering

Last score on mcat was 126-123-126-126, what are my chances for PCOM South GA or GA.

So question for the current acceptees, currently, I have been studying for the MCAT since Feb. I have scored the following scores 492-493-500-501-501-503-501. I have been using mostly Altius test prep and AAMC. The AAMC FL 1 500 and AAMC FL 501. I am scheduled to take the test on May 11

I am hoping to get off the waitlist for PCOM using the updated scores, I said my stats here before but,

3.81 GPA w/ Neuroscience and Behavior
3.9 Science GPA
President for Honor Society
Leadership role in a community outreach club
50 hours of shadowing
Mission Trip- to a neighboring island close to FL
70 hours of Volunteering

Last score on mcat was 126-123-126-126, what are my chances for PCOM South GA or GA.

You took the mcat 7 times?!?!

Yea, what Dr. Transformer said, all practice took MCAT once, got 495, 123,123,126,124
To be honest, I think the chances of a new MCAT score getting you off the waitlist is slim, especially with a score lower than, say, 508. My primary reason for saying this is because, if you take the May 11 MCAT, your score will be out mid June. That is an awfully late time to put in a score, expect a school to move you up to the top of their waitlist, and actually have an opening spot come up.

It may happen. But if it doesn't, my suggestion is for you to apply the day AACOMAS opens next cycle.

I have an inverse of your stats. 3.15 cGPA and a lower sGPA, 511 MCAT. I submitted everything asap and was in the first interview group of PCOM GA this cycle, subsequently accepted two weeks later. I imagine you will have a good chance of getting in if you apply early. Or you could buckle down, study hard, get 510+ MCAT and go for MD XP

GL

Accepted off waitlist! Letter post marked 4/29!

Reactions: 6 users