2018-2019 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I submitted my secondary 8/24 and just went in to check and it says payment is still missing. To be honest, i don't remember not paying or paying. I paid again anyways. Did that happen to anyone else? Does the system not ask for payment after you press submit? I even received an email that said thank you for your supplemental application. I am so upset because I thought I was waiting for a complete email not that I have yet to submit

Last edited:
Anyone with scores on The lower side got interviews ?

Members don't see this ad :)
II today for GA-campus

Reactions: 3 users
II today for GA-campus, first one!! Complete 8/16

Reactions: 2 users
I submitted my secondary 8/24 and just went in to check and it says payment is still missing. To be honest, i don't remember not paying or paying. I paid again anyways. Did that happen to anyone else? Does the system not ask for payment after you press submit? I even received an email that said thank you for your supplemental application. I am so upset because I thought I was waiting for a complete email not that I have yet to submit
In the instructions it stated that you had to complete the secondary and then follow a link to make the payment. You may want to go back and read all the instructions.

Reactions: 1 users
@Creolemariee you make a sound argument but I'm afraid thats not how it goes.

Theres a good number of people in my class that didn't apply to DO schools until January. They had the MD stats but for one reason or another didn't get into an MD school. So they applied DO at the last minute as a back up. Instantly got an interview within a month and accepted. Their entire DO application process spanned at most 3-4 months. I'm confident they recieved a much higher priority than multiple people that were "complete" before them.

The point of applying early is so you have a smaller applicant pool. You are less likely to get compared to the people with MD type numbers. Once you are at the interview stage, your stats mean less (still important) but you need to get to that stage in the process. I'm sorry you got got passed in the first interview invites, but the good news is there is a ton of more coming up throughout the year. You submitted your application early. Which is a good thing because you will get more chances to get an interview compared to someone that submits in late fall.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm about to graduate in less than a year from here. The school has good and bad things (like every other) but I think the bad outweigh the good ones, especially when it comes to mandatory attendance (which was instituted for some of our classes, but I hear it's crazy now), board study time and certain subjects, that are really taught terribly. You're going to have to re-teach yourself 75% of the pharmacology, much of pathology, and several other things here and there. There is very minimal true pathophysiology teaching here and the one that they teach is isolated, it's not embedded LOGICALLY with the rest of the system that you're studying. OMM / OMT excellent instruction, but the demands of it are too much of a price to pay for those that are not 100% into it. The excellent classes are most of CMBM, SPOM but ONLY what's taught by the MD's (most of what THEY teach is super high yield), the Cardiovascular portion of a class called CPR (not to confuse with the first aid protocol) is a jewel, that professor is excellent and high yield and I wish all were like him, and portions of some other classes, such as pulmonary, some guest lecturers, etc. However, second year has many classes that are truly a waste of time, and there is little time for board studying on top of it. Those who say that it's easy classes towards the end of second year and it's no big deal I can only say, you will see. Pass your first year and then we can talk.
It's true they say COMLEX level 1 score are the lowest (I heard that too from a reliable source) and the school's answer is to always blame the students "they don't show up for class, therefore we need mandatory classes" I believe the score are going lower because they need to trust the students that they have, and realize that we need time to tailor our time to our own needs when it comes to boards. This is not an extraordinary or novel idea...most MD school already do it, and many DO schools too! I'm a good student, probably top 10%-15% (BTW really don't care about %, the name of the game is board scores), and I can tell you that I don't like where this is heading. PCOM philly is successful, I rotated a good portion of 3rd year close to the mothership and I have no idea why we can't mirror their formula here. In any case, PCOM-GA is not the worse school definitely, but if you do have another an option that you like or are on the fence, go for that other option. I know I would have done it for myself. Peace out.

I'm about to graduate in less than a year from here. The school has good and bad things (like every other) but I think the bad outweigh the good ones, especially when it comes to mandatory attendance (which was instituted for some of our classes, but I hear it's crazy now), board study time and certain subjects, that are really taught terribly. You're going to have to re-teach yourself 75% of the pharmacology, much of pathology, and several other things here and there. There is very minimal true pathophysiology teaching here and the one that they teach is isolated, it's not embedded LOGICALLY with the rest of the system that you're studying. OMM / OMT excellent instruction, but the demands of it are too much of a price to pay for those that are not 100% into it. The excellent classes are most of CMBM, SPOM but ONLY what's taught by the MD's (most of what THEY teach is super high yield), the Cardiovascular portion of a class called CPR (not to confuse with the first aid protocol) is a jewel, that professor is excellent and high yield and I wish all were like him, and portions of some other classes, such as pulmonary, some guest lecturers, etc. However, second year has many classes that are truly a waste of time, and there is little time for board studying on top of it. Those who say that it's easy classes towards the end of second year and it's no big deal I can only say, you will see. Pass your first year and then we can talk.
It's true they say COMLEX level 1 score are the lowest (I heard that too from a reliable source) and the school's answer is to always blame the students "they don't show up for class, therefore we need mandatory classes" I believe the score are going lower because they need to trust the students that they have, and realize that we need time to tailor our time to our own needs when it comes to boards. This is not an extraordinary or novel idea...most MD school already do it, and many DO schools too! I'm a good student, probably top 10%-15% (BTW really don't care about %, the name of the game is board scores), and I can tell you that I don't like where this is heading. PCOM philly is successful, I rotated a good portion of 3rd year close to the mothership and I have no idea why we can't mirror their formula here. In any case, PCOM-GA is not the worse school definitely, but if you do have another an option that you like or are on the fence, go for that other option. I know I would have done it for myself. Peace out.

Are you actually peacing out or can we contact you for questions regarding this? This is a lot of information to just dump and run. If you would please let me know how best to contact you with questions I would feel more comfortable about heading the concerns you're presenting.

Reactions: 1 user
Would it be too late for me to apply here next week? Honestly waiting on my next paycheck lol. MCAT 513, gpa 3.92

Would it be too late for me to apply here next week? Honestly waiting on my next paycheck lol. MCAT 513, gpa 3.92

Definitely not! Go for it and good luck! You have great stats so you should be just fine.

Has anyone with lower Mcat recieved interviews

Did anyone interview Friday get information about what to do, where to go, etc.?

Did anyone interview Friday get information about what to do, where to go, etc.?

I would email admissions ([email protected]) for clarification. I'm only aware of the events involving the medical students from 11AM-1PM.

I'm assuming you are going to need to be there earlier between 8AM-9AM. This friday is the first interview of the cycle so they may have changed some things.

To whoever is interviewing this Friday. Congrats on getting an interview! I'm pretty excited to meet some of you guys/gals.

The 2nd years have an OMM practical on Friday afternoon. So I don't predict a lot of 2nd years coming to the luncheon. Admissions has not selected any first years yet for ambassadors. It may just be me and another 2nd year.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to PM me or @ me. This is the first interview date of the cycle so I don't have a lot of information of specifics about the interview event itself.

Hey all who had interviews today, hope it went well! I'm remembering researching it last year and I think they are pretty generous with their interview/acceptance ratio!

Mind sharing some of your experience for this interview? If you don't want to post it here you can PM me.

Hey all who had interviews today, hope it went well! I'm remembering researching it last year and I think they are pretty generous with their interview/acceptance ratio!

Mind sharing some of your experience for this interview? If you don't want to post it here you can PM me.

I had a great time. I really like the facilities and the faculty that I met. The interviews were at the end of the day and the day was longer than 4 hours (what they had in the email). I wasn’t upset about it. I would have stayed longer if I could. I think their schedule goes from 10am to 4pm, but you can leave after your 30 minute interview. I really like the tour and the campus. Overall, I had a great experience.

Are you actually peacing out or can we contact you for questions regarding this? This is a lot of information to just dump and run. If you would please let me know how best to contact you with questions I would feel more comfortable about heading the concerns you're presenting.
Do they really got mandatory attendance though?

Hi!
I interviewed here yesterday and probably met some of you.
It was a pleasant experience.
I noticed that my PCOM GA bannerweb page got slightly altered.
My Philadelphia campus page still has a block of text above the chart explaining stuff, but this was removed from my Georgia campus page.
Did anyone else who interviewed here yesterday notice this one their account too?

Hi!
I interviewed here yesterday and probably met some of you.
It was a pleasant experience.
I noticed that my PCOM GA bannerweb page got slightly altered.
My Philadelphia campus page still has a block of text above the chart explaining stuff, but this was removed from my Georgia campus page.
Did anyone else who interviewed here yesterday notice this one their account too?

I noticed this too

II just now. :soexcited: And they scheduled me for the 24th of September, literally 4 days from now. Omg no pressure at all. :sick:

What are the written questions like? Is there a way to prep for them?

What are the written questions like? Is there a way to prep for them?

They are pretty basic. Why PCOM, Why DO and you'll have some questions about your strengths, weaknesses. The best way to prep for them is to go over your resume and your application. Don't freak out if you don't finish all the questions in the written portion.

Treat the written questions as talking points. The interview is closed file so the only thing your interview on you is the written questions you answer that morning.

II just now. :soexcited: And they scheduled me for the 24th of September, literally 4 days from now. Omg no pressure at all. :sick:

Thats pretty crazy TBH. There must've been a last second cancellation. Usually they gave ~2weeks but a couple people have been in your situation.
Congrats and ill see ya Monday!

My portal updated asking for $250 deposit, so I guess I have been accepted!

Weird how they said 4-6 weeks, but congrats to you as well!
XD Thank you.
They say a lot of things... such as 2 week notice for interview (I got 4 day notice).
I would assume they are probably feeling pressured to somewhat rush, since they are behind already (from their normal schedule) because of that system change.

I noticed the same change on the banner portal, and I got the acceptance letter in the mail that day!

Can anyone who has interviewed comment on the length of the day? Is it truly 10-2 PM (approx. 4 hours)? I'm just a tad concerned as I have work in the afternoon and don't think I'd be able to reschedule for any other day or take the day off from work. Thanks.

Can anyone who has interviewed comment on the length of the day? Is it truly 10-2 PM (approx. 4 hours)? I'm just a tad concerned as I have work in the afternoon and don't think I'd be able to reschedule for any other day or take the day off from work. Thanks.
I walked out of my interview and was able to go home around 2:20. It depends on what group you are to interview. If you are the last group, you could possibly be there til 3.

it happened to me! I paid and they said they did not respect the payment. I got in contact with them and they updated it on September 19th even though I paid on August 28th! Just get in touch with them and get a refund on one of your payments.

Has anyone tried to reschedule an interview? I just got an invite but am currently living and working out of the country and I can't make it to the date they have me scheduled for.

Also, anyone know how an invitation to one PCOM campus affects your chances for an invitation at the other campuses?

Thanks

Has anyone tried to reschedule an interview? I just got an invite but am currently living and working out of the country and I can't make it to the date they have me scheduled for.

Also, anyone know how an invitation to one PCOM campus affects your chances for an invitation at the other campuses?

Thanks
It shouldn’t effect your invitation to other Pcom campuses at all. It’s separate admissions office, hence, paying a separate fee for each school. All you can do it call to request a change of date for your interview. Hope this helps

$700 for a flight from where I am just to Atlanta. I'm from the area, but I have an acceptance to a decent DO school out west without mandatory attendance. I'd like to get back near home if I can though. Do the cons really outweigh the pros? Feel free to PM me as well.

$700 for a flight from where I am just to Atlanta. I'm from the area, but I have an acceptance to a decent DO school out west without mandatory attendance. I'd like to get back near home if I can though. Do the cons really outweigh the pros? Feel free to PM me as well.

I’d like to know as well.

Thanks

I was wondering the same thing as well. I am scheduled to interview at the GA campus next week, but am worried it may jeopardize my chances of being considered at the PA campus, since many students have posted that once you're accepted to GA the Philly campus no longer considers you. Anyone / current students have any insight?

any word on South Georgia? have they started interviews?

I thought there was a separate thread but now I can't find it.