2018-2019 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone have any advice for the interview here?

Members don't see this ad.

Are they really strict on the 3 faculty LOR requirement? I'm a non-trad with 2 faculty LOR. Didn't even check to see the requirements because 3 is unusual. Too late now to get another LOR, and I honestly don't have anyone to ask. I have one DO, 2 professors, one healthcare work supervisor

Are they really strict on the 3 faculty LOR requirement? I'm a non-trad with 2 faculty LOR. Didn't even check to see the requirements because 3 is unusual. Too late now to get another LOR, and I honestly don't have anyone to ask. I have one DO, 2 professors, one healthcare work supervisor
I really think you should just pick up the phone and call.
Adcoms I spoke with were pretty nice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Very strict, need those letters or you are a no go

Anyone have any advice for the interview here?
You probably already know, but they make you answer some questions (on computer) before the interview.
From what I can tell, my interviewers really thoroughly read my answers and asked me some questions to clarify or follow up on them.

Reactions: 1 user
Is it too late to apply ? I'm OOS with high GPA and good clinical experience with MCAT on the lower side.

I was complete more than a month ago. Anyone in the same boat?

Reactions: 3 users
I got the II yesterday and sent them an email today confirming the II date. How long til they get back to you about instructions?

I got the II yesterday and sent them an email today confirming the II date. How long til they get back to you about instructions?

i got my II on sunday and they had an email confirmation to me this morning at 9am.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete more than a month ago. Anyone in the same boat?

I was complete 8/25 and nothing here.

A little back story: I interviewed for the 2017 entering class here in March. At the time I had a 501 and a 496 MCAT with a 3.1sGPA and 3.2cGPA. I was waitlisted and never had my number called.

I applied this cycle with a 506 MCAT and a research publication in progress and have heard nothing yet. I actually still have no interviews. It's sucks, its hard to know why not you yet, but believe me you're not alone.

I was complete 8/25 and nothing here.

A little back story: I interviewed for the 2017 entering class here in March. At the time I had a 501 and a 496 MCAT with a 3.1sGPA and 3.2cGPA. I was waitlisted and never had my number called.

I applied this cycle with a 506 MCAT and a research publication in progress and have heard nothing yet. I actually still have no interviews. It's sucks, its hard to know why not you yet, but believe me you're not alone.

I'm in the same boat, but heard back from one school in another state. I've been completed for around 2 months. I'm wondering if residency may play a part?

I'm in the same boat, but heard back from one school in another state. I've been completed for around 2 months. I'm wondering if residency may play a part?

Possibly! I am from Georgia though, so it should help me in this school.

Just got an invitation to interview for this Monday October 22. Good thing I live 20 min from campus!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how an interview invite and acceptance at pcom-georgia impacts your standings at pcom-philly?

Does anyone know how an interview invite and acceptance at pcom-georgia impacts your standings at pcom-philly?

It's been commented on in this sub before if you go through the history. Word is, if you are accepted here you will get a rejection from Philly. No one has posted about what admissions states about this.

Spoke with PCOM admissions, interviewing and being accepted at one campus does not impact your ability to receive an interview and be accepted at the other campuses.

Sorry guys if this has been asked already, but if I submit my primary to the Philly campus do I need to submit to the other two campuses to be considered there?

Hey! Congrats on your acceptance. But they rejected you on a Saturday?
After the interview they notify you of your acceptance, waitlist or rejection through snail-mail. I just checked my mailbox today and found the letter.

Don't worry about the rejection at all. Me and most of the other M1's are absolutely miserable here with a whole bunch of their BS policies they instituted this year.

Could you elaborate more on this point? Looking through this thread, it seems like most of the students seem to be upset with the new attendance policy. What else have they instituted?

Don't worry about the rejection at all. Me and most of the other M1's are absolutely miserable here with a whole bunch of their BS policies they instituted this year.
I interview tomorrow. What policies are making students upset aside from mandatory attendance?

I don't know who you are...but I'm sorry you're miserable...me and several others in our class are actually pretty happy here now. All we had to do was look at the bright side of things, find certain things we actually love about the school, and realize that we ARE in medical school and should make the most of our experience. White coat this past weekend had a lot of us realizing that. I was actually one of the ones that was absolutely livid and angry at the changes made in the beginning, which is pretty funny realizing now how much I've changed, but now I'm enjoying every minute of it (even how this last block sucks for us). I surely do hope that you can find the joy in this experience soon too!

If any of y'all have any questions about the school, student life, campus, interviews, etc., I'm an M1 here and would be brutally honest with you! Just PM me, ask as much as you want. We have exams coming up, so I won't be as prompt in responding, definitely expect for me to answer everything as soon as I can!

If any of y'all have any questions about the school, student life, campus, interviews, etc., I'm an M1 here and would be brutally honest with you! Just PM me, ask as much as you want. We have exams coming up, so I won't be as prompt in responding, definitely expect for me to answer everything as soon as I can!

Hmm..... I find a pros/cons list to be really helpful and quick, if you'd like to do one! financial aid, student life, scheduling.... :)

I'm interviewing at PCOM on the 5th.

I interview tomorrow. What policies are making students upset aside from mandatory attendance?
That’s literally the only con I can think of. GA-PCOM does everything it can to help students and improve. 1st years even received free access to COMBANK to help with board preparation. There are tons of clubs and a family like atmosphere. We have ultrasound preparation now as well, which was another change.

Feel free to PM me with questions about the school

accepted by mail -ii on 10/12/18

So what's the deal with the writing assignment? seems a bit weird. Is it going to be asking interview-like questions or what?
Or am I writing a short essay? lol

Interviewing next month.

Accepted via snail mail on 10/24/18. Interviewed on 10/15/18. I'm thankful for the opportunity to continue my education at GA-PCOM! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Can anyone that got accepted here or received II share their MCAT and GPA?
I was complete mid September and still waiting to hear anything back.

So what's the deal with the writing assignment? seems a bit weird. Is it going to be asking interview-like questions or what?
Or am I writing a short essay? lol

Interviewing next month.

They are questions that interviewers read beforehand. The interviewers may ask followup questions.
I think it is to get the interviewers somewhat familiar with you, since the interview is closed file.
Questions are pretty general interview-like questions
If you want them to know about any specific experiences and such, make sure to write it down.

Can anyone that got accepted here or received II share their MCAT and GPA?
I was complete mid September and still waiting to hear anything back.

I was in the very first interview group for this cycle and have been accepted.

3.15 cGPA
3.09 sGPA
511 MCAT
ORM
GA resident.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
They are questions that interviewers read beforehand. The interviewers may ask followup questions.
I think it is to get the interviewers somewhat familiar with you, since the interview is closed file.
Questions are pretty general interview-like questions
If you want them to know about any specific experiences and such, make sure to write it down.

I was in the very first interview group for this cycle and have been accepted.

3.15 cGPA
3.09 sGPA
511 MCAT
ORM
GA resident.

Oh my god you give me so much hope! Great job on the MCAT!