2018-2019 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who interviewed on 11/19 heard back or noticed their portal change?

Members don't see this ad.

Completed everything and received 10/29. Haven't heard anything. Am I just being impatient or should I be concerned?

Members don't see this ad :)
I completed everything in Sept. and today received an II.

Reactions: 2 users
Can anyone tell me if they had any portal updates post II rejection? My portal went from the one sentence about PCOM updates back to all of the bullets telling me what I need for requirements such as letters and mcat. Just want to know if this is a silent R. Havent received anything in the mail yet.
Did you hear back yet?

I interviewed last week on Friday, and there was one sentence on my portal saying thank you for your interest, something like that. I just checked today and its back to bullets on the requirements of letters, status or MCAT. I wonder what that means. Just panicking a little. Did anyone who got accepted notice it change to that before they saw deposit?

I interviewed last week on Friday, and there was one sentence on my portal saying thank you for your interest, something like that. I just checked today and its back to bullets on the requirements of letters, status or MCAT. I wonder what that means. Just panicking a little. Did anyone who got accepted notice it change to that before they saw deposit?

Hello! Yes I did hear back and was ultimately accepted! It just took a while for my portal to update!!

Interviewed 11/30. Portal updated today with deposit slots. Guess that means I’m accepted??

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
II for 12/14!
Any advice from previous interviewees?

So it seems like turn around time from complete to II is about 8-10 wks. Does this ring true for most everyone?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does everyone who interviewed on a specific date get mailed about decisions (accept, WL, reject) at the same time?

II for 12/14!
Any advice from previous interviewees?

Don’t stress. Super laid back. Writing prompts you do at the beginning can help guide the discussions. Talk to the students and ask as many questions as you can. They’ll answer everything

Don’t stress. Super laid back. Writing prompts you do at the beginning can help guide the discussions. Talk to the students and ask as many questions as you can. They’ll answer everything

Thanks!!

it seems that decisions for 11/19 and 11/30 interview dates were sent out today! Check your portal.

it seems that decisions for 11/19 and 11/30 interview dates were sent out today! Check your portal.

interviewed 11/30 and haven't had any update to my portal. Should I assume this means rejection or WL at this point?

II today for both GA campuses. Interview on 12/14, but I'm going to ask for alternative dates.

II today for both GA campuses. Interview on 12/14, but I'm going to ask for alternative dates.

Yes, you can request a later interview. I spoke with someone who did that last month. Email them ASAP, though.

Yes, you can request a later interview. I spoke with someone who did that last month. Email them ASAP, though.

Thank you, I realized I didn't read the entire thing, but good to know that they do give it for sure.

What are the clinical rotation sites for GA and SG?

interviewed 11/30 and haven't had any update to my portal. Should I assume this means rejection or WL at this point?
not necessarily, keep checking your portal and keep an eye out for a letter in the mail. Even if you are on WL you have a great chance of getting in. And I know they gave very few outright rejections this early

For those accepted, does anyone happen to know if the deadlines given on the PCOM portal are hard deadlines?

All deadlines they post with a date are hard deadlines.

Where is everyone seeing deadlines? I just see a deposit section on my online portal and it doesn't say any deadlines or provide a place to pay. I interviewed 11/30. Is this all available after we get a letter in the mail?

Where is everyone seeing deadlines? I just see a deposit section on my online portal and it doesn't say any deadlines or provide a place to pay. I interviewed 11/30. Is this all available after we get a letter in the mail?
After you submit your deposit and technical standards form, PCOM will send you an email with login info to the student portal. There is a tab on the portal that details what you need to have completed before matriculation with some deadlines.

After you submit your deposit and technical standards form, PCOM will send you an email with login info to the student portal. There is a tab on the portal that details what you need to have completed before matriculation with some deadlines.

Do you need to submit both deposits before getting access to the online portal? After I submitted the first deposit, I got the email with my login information but have been unable to actually login.

So question (a little behind on the forum so i might've missed something) if the portal is asking you to pay your deposit by ___ does that mean you're accepted? I haven't received anything in the mail yet and I planned on calling tomorrow but figured I'd go ahead and post in here, the suspense is killing me!!

So question (a little behind on the forum so i might've missed something) if the portal is asking you to pay your deposit by ___ does that mean you're accepted? I haven't received anything in the mail yet and I planned on calling tomorrow but figured I'd go ahead and post in here, the suspense is killing me!!
My portal shows deposit link, but it does not give me the due date of when it is due. Is that normal? Just confused cause yours say pay deposit by.

For those of you who interviewed already, where is a good place to stay close to campus??

For those of you who interviewed already, where is a good place to stay close to campus??
I stayed at a marriot about a 5 min drive away. It was about 7 bucks for an uber.

Did anyone who interview on the 30th get a letter in mail for their decision yet? My portal updated asking for deposits (no date when to submit), but I didn’t get a letter as of today.

Did anyone who interview on the 30th get a letter in mail for their decision yet? My portal updated asking for deposits (no date when to submit), but I didn’t get a letter as of today.
actually i just got a link to pay it; I have to by the 14th. I still have not received the letter; should I go ahead and pay it? Also, please update us people if you interviewed on the 19 or 30 of november and got the letter in mail.

Last edited:
Finally received my letter today. Accepted at GA campus, waitlisted at south GA

Got my letter today as well;
Interviewed 11/30 accepted at georgia, waitlisted for south GA.

Congrats to who got accepted! Do y'all mind to share your stats!

sGPA and cGPA 3.7, 505

On a side note, did anyone get a reminder to pay their first deposit even though they already paid?

I didn't get a reminder. sGPA and cGPA 3.81, MCAT: 506

Did your interview last until 2 pm or later? trying to book a flight right now..

I submitted my secondary 9/12 and received the interview invite this past Monday. Stats aren't amazing but I have a solid background in healthcare/leadership experience

Do you remember if your interview lasted more than 4 hours?
Hey I interviewed about a week ago. The actual interviews begin at 1pm, and everyone from your group gets a 30 min time slot to interview. I interviewed first so I was out of there at 1:30 and was able to catch my 5pm flight. If you have a close flight just let them know and they can work with you. Cheers.

what are the clinical sites for 3rd/4th year. i can't find a list online