2018-2019 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I declined my acceptance by email today. best of luck to all to get the spot.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have a list of clinical rotation sites for the GA campus? Weird that they are not posted on the website...

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a 2nd year, and the finalized list of rotations has not even been released to us yet. I can tell you that the majority of rotation core sites are in Georgia, with two in Florida, one in Alabama, and i think 3 in the Pennsylvania area.

Reactions: 1 users
Bullet pointed list popped up on my portal again (post interview). I’ve seen this with other people on this thread. Is this usually a good sign?

Accepted and attending, I'm so excited! Does anyone have any advice on housing, specifically a good halfway point between Suwanee and Athens, or is there another page I should go for that?

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted and attending, I'm so excited! Does anyone have any advice on housing, specifically a good halfway point between Suwanee and Athens, or is there another page I should go for that?
Congrats! What date did you have the interview and when did you get your acceptance?

Did your interview last until 2 pm or later? trying to book a flight right now..
It finished before 2:30 for me. But I know some students went on till 3:30-4:00. This is because I was 2nd in my group to go interview (4 per group). Each group has the same set of interviewers.

It finished before 2:30 for me. But I know some students went on till 3:30-4:00. This is because I was 2nd in my group to go interview (4 per group). Each group has the same set of interviewers.
Is it a group interview? or individuals?

Anyone else get a deposit reminder even after paying the $250? I'm now a bit scared it didn't go through lol

Hey all, I am a student who initially liked the school, but feel I should share my experiences that have made me turn sour on it. If you don't mind mandatory attendance and this is the school for you, congratulations! There are probably people who would not trade this school for any others. The area it is in is nice and the professors are overall great.

What has grown bothersome is how antagonistic the administration has become towards the student body (disclaimer: this is my personal impression). Several changes were made to curriculum just before school started, but that's old news. Today my class had a town hall meeting with our dean. This is the first time he has met our class, and we are now in our fifth month. During the meeting he answered pre-screened questions.

However, when asked about how students were struggling finding free time and personal time for well-being, he shrugged it off, effectively saying med school is hard. We have significantly less time than previous years. Student organizations have fallen apart and do not meet often because the e-boards are too busy. He frequently rehashed how attendance was going to be mandatory for certain classes, like anatomy lab or OMM lab, and said we should not have expected to never be on campus. This was insulting. Nobody came in with this sort of expectation. Moving on, at the beginning of the year we were told the attendance policy was in response to our lower board scores. Today, though, the dean said our goal as a school is not to improve our board scores but to make us better doctors, based on his definition of what makes a better doctor. Apparently better residency placement from better board scores is not part of his vision.

Over the course of this hour, which again was the first time we met our dean, he denigrated the importance of our well-being, assumed the worst of us in thinking we thought we would never have to be at school, and told us our school is not focused on board scores. Professors here truly are wonderful and there are still several reasons why people should come here, but I feel applicants should be aware of the stubbornness of our administration.

Hey all, I am a student who initially liked the school, but feel I should share my experiences that have made me turn sour on it. If you don't mind mandatory attendance and this is the school for you, congratulations! There are probably people who would not trade this school for any others. The area it is in is nice and the professors are overall great.

What has grown bothersome is how antagonistic the administration has become towards the student body (disclaimer: this is my personal impression). Several changes were made to curriculum just before school started, but that's old news. Today my class had a town hall meeting with our dean. This is the first time he has met our class, and we are now in our fifth month. During the meeting he answered pre-screened questions.

However, when asked about how students were struggling finding free time and personal time for well-being, he shrugged it off, effectively saying med school is hard. We have significantly less time than previous years. Student organizations have fallen apart and do not meet often because the e-boards are too busy. He frequently rehashed how attendance was going to be mandatory for certain classes, like anatomy lab or OMM lab, and said we should not have expected to never be on campus. This was insulting. Nobody came in with this sort of expectation. Moving on, at the beginning of the year we were told the attendance policy was in response to our lower board scores. Today, though, the dean said our goal as a school is not to improve our board scores but to make us better doctors, based on his definition of what makes a better doctor. Apparently better residency placement from better board scores is not part of his vision.

Over the course of this hour, which again was the first time we met our dean, he denigrated the importance of our well-being, assumed the worst of us in thinking we thought we would never have to be at school, and told us our school is not focused on board scores. Professors here truly are wonderful and there are still several reasons why people should come here, but I feel applicants should be aware of the stubbornness of our administration.
He is a politican first and foremost. This school is a joke. They cannot believe most of the things they say. Buckle down and ignore it because you are already stuck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have a list of clinical rotation sites for the GA campus? Weird that they are not posted on the website...

I interviewed here recently. Unfortunately, they did not give out the names of the facilities. However, I wrote down all the geographical locations mentioned during the presentation and Q&A with medical students.

Jacksonville, FL
New Smyrna Beach, FL (It was stated that this was the southernmost location in Florida)
Columbus, GA
Atlanta, GA
Rome, GA
"Three in Philadelphia"
"Alabama"

There are 13 sites, total (I was told).

Apparently ~40% of students get their first choice in rotation location. You have to rank all 13 spots.
They use AHEC for housing medical students who have to leave their home for rotations, which could be anything from a hotel to extremely basic (use your imagination) housing.

Last edited:
I interviewed here recently. Unfortunately, they did not give out the names of the facilities. However, I wrote down all the geographical locations mentioned during the presentation and Q&A with medical students.

Jacksonville, FL
New Smyrna Beach, FL (It was stated that this was the southernmost location in Florida)
Columbus, GA
Atlanta, GA
Rome, GA
"Three in Philadelphia"
"Alabama"

There are 13 sites, total (I was told).

Apparently ~40% of students get their first choice in rotation location. You have to rank all 13 spots.
They use AHEC for housing medical students who have to leave their home for rotations, which could be anything from a hotel to extremely basic (use your imagination) housing.

Thanks so much for this insight! I'm disappointed by their lack of transparency, and I think this is an important factor that has ultimately turned me off from the school. Other schools that I have applied to and interviewed at have had no problem listing their clinical rotation sites. I am left wondering if the school has problems keeping relationships/agreements with rotation sites and/or finding a sufficient number of spaces for students. I hope that is not the case.

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks so much for this insight! I'm disappointed by their lack of transparency, and I think this is an important factor that has ultimately turned me off from the school. Other schools that I have applied to and interviewed at have had no problem listing their clinical rotation sites. I am left wondering if the school has problems keeping relationships/agreements with rotation sites and/or finding a sufficient number of spaces for students. I hope that is not the case.

I agree. The interview day also had some issues that spoke to underlying problems with the administration and organization of the school (in my opinion).

I agree. The interview day also had some issues that spoke to underlying problems with the administration and organization of the school (in my opinion).
I felt the same way in interview day. In addition to not shearing a list of their rotations sites, they did not share their board scores in relation with the national average; which all the other schools that I interviewed at did.
Also schools like ACOM and CUSOM, in which I also interviewed, seamed to be more student oriented and organized (at least for what I was able to see in interview day)
I liked the town and I was initially very excited about this school; since it’s more established than the other schools I interviewed at. However, I felt as they were not been transparent and were not given all the info students need. Either that or they were just unorganized.

Disclaimer: I’m not shading the school, I was just disappointed after interview day

Did anyone who interviewed notice their bannerweb down?

Would it be too late to submit my secondary here, I know it’s not technically due to until February? I’m local to the area and interested more in South GA due to my plans of practicing in rural GA.

Has anyone been waiting for a response since August? I got a thank you for submitting supplemental on August 16th and no word since

Hello everyone, any tips for the interview here? Open or close file? How should I prepare? Thanks :)

I just noticed a 250 and 1500 deposit under my requirements. Does this mean I am am excepted??

I just noticed a 250 and 1500 deposit under my requirements. Does this mean I am am excepted??
Most likely, Congrats!

Is there a facebook group for this class yet?
Not yet. Usually admissions makes a facebook group around march. You will get an invite via you listed email. You request to be added and someone on DO council or admissions will accept you.

Would it be too late to submit my secondary here, I know it’s not technically due to until February? I’m local to the area and interested more in South GA due to my plans of practicing in rural GA.
Not yet but it is later in the application cycle. So you should have better stats than the average matriculant if you want to get interviewed before someone that has been waiting since august.

Did anyone else from 12/14 see changes on their bannerweb portal?

I got accepted on Dec 10th, interviewed on Nov 30th for the Georgia campus, and waitlisted for South Georgia. I saw recently that there were portal changes asking for deposits for the South Georgia campus as well; did anyone else notice this too?

I got accepted on Dec 10th, interviewed on Nov 30th for the Georgia campus, and waitlisted for South Georgia. I saw recently that there were portal changes asking for deposits for the South Georgia campus as well; did anyone else notice this too?
You probably got off the waitlist!

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Hey guys! Congrats to all of those who has been accepted/has received interviews! A lot of you have been PM’ing me specific helpful questions, and I thought I’d let some of you others know I’m open (since it’s now break) for more questions!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Link to pay the deposit finally showed up along with deposit portal update. Does anyone else see this?

Accepted off waitlist for South GA campus

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Accepted Both Campuses!!! Good luck to everyone!

Accepted from WL at both campuses!

Hey all! Congrats to all accepted! So I was accepted to South Georgia on the 21st and I Interviewed on the 14th for both campuses. Just curious if you guys received your decisions from both campuses at the same time or did you get one before the other? I haven’t heard from PCOM Georgia in Suwanee so just curious what your experiences have been. Thanks in advance and merry Christmas! :)

Hey all! Congrats to all accepted! So I was accepted to South Georgia on the 21st and I Interviewed on the 14th for both campuses. Just curious if you guys received your decisions from both campuses at the same time or did you get one before the other? I haven’t heard from PCOM Georgia in Suwanee so just curious what your experiences have been. Thanks in advance and merry Christmas! :)

Merry Christmas! And Congrats! I received both acceptances together.

You get both decisions in the mail at the same time, such as waitlist to Georgia and acceptance to South Georgia. After my portal updated online, it took 7-8 days for the letter that contains both decisions to be mailed to you.

You get both decisions in the mail at the same time, such as waitlist to Georgia and acceptance to South Georgia. After my portal updated online, it took 7-8 days for the letter that contains both decisions to be mailed to you.
Gotcha! So I got a letter just for South Georgia in the mail I wonder if I’ll get another separate letter later on with both decisions in it or something. Idk I’ll call them next week or something to see. Thanks!

Still no change to my portal and nothing in the mail? Interviewed 12/7. Does this mean what I think it means? :/

Hey I’m interested in starting a Group Me for the class of 2023 - Georgia Campus....if anyone wants to join PM me your number and I can also make you an admin

Last edited:
Link to join (for students attending the Suwanee Campus):

You're invited to my new group 'GA-PCOM D.O. Class of 2023' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

If the bullet point statements on the portal have disappeared post interview for only one campus is that necessarily a bad thing?