2018-2019 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Philadelphia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was complete (latest date on application) august 22. I haven't heard back yet and was wondering if that was a bad thing?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I've been complete (latest date shown) since August 16th. Haven't heard anything as well

Reactions: 3 users
I've completed 8/21/2018 and still waiting. I sent them an email yesterday and I got an auto response from them
"Per our email and online portal we ask that applicants allow at least 15 business days to process materials received. The Office of Admissions will begin to process application materials upon receipt of the application fee. It can take longer to process materials depending on volume and we ask your patience in the process. You can check the online portal 24/7 to check materialsprocessed. If there are dates marked next to the required items you are complete. Only materials that meet the criteria to complete a file will post to the portal. Other letters will be added but will not update for review on the portal. We do not verify receipt of materials by phone or email or send out complete emails."

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
II today! Was totally not expecting that since PCOM seems so low yield but this is my top choice so yay!! 3.7/509. Complete 9/5 (never got a complete email, but this is the latest date on the portal)

Reactions: 9 users
II today! Was totally not expecting that since PCOM seems so low yield but this is my top choice so yay!! 3.7/509. Complete 9/5 (never got a complete email, but this is the latest date on the portal)

Congrats! How did they contact you about it? I was also complete around 9/5 so hoping to hear something back

Congrats! How did they contact you about it? I was also complete around 9/5 so hoping to hear something back

Thanks! The actual II was actually in my spam mail so check that! I got the student host email in my regular mail and got confused.

Also I saw someone here was complete 9/5 and got an II way earlier, so I'm sure you're still in the running. It just varies I guess.

I have very similar stats (OOS) and also got the II today however I was complete around the end of August. So excited to interview here, my initial II email was also in my spam but the overnight email luckily wasn't.

I've been complete since 8/13 and it's been radio silence. I'm running out of patience ahh! I've recently started a new job and volunteer position. Can I email them a letter of update? I really want to go to PCOM

I've been complete since 8/13 and it's been radio silence. I'm running out of patience ahh! I've recently started a new job and volunteer position. Can I email them a letter of update? I really want to go to PCOM
I don’t think they take any updates

For those of you that have interviewed, when does PCOM send specific information regarding interview details? My interview is in 5 days and I still haven't heard anything from them.

For those of you that have interviewed, when does PCOM send specific information regarding interview details? My interview is in 5 days and I still haven't heard anything from them.
not sure what you mean by specifics but they should've sent an email with your II explaining time and place

To those of you who have gotten an interview, what was the timeline from being complete and when you getting an email for a II? just trying to get a rough estimate.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have already interviewed, when you email said you interview at noon is that the time we are suppose to arrive on campus? It just feels weird not having a morning interview time

For those who have already interviewed, when you email said you interview at noon is that the time we are suppose to arrive on campus? It just feels weird not having a morning interview time
12:00! But I would arrive 30 mins early

To those of you who have gotten an interview, what was the timeline from being complete and when you getting an email for a II? just trying to get a rough estimate.
submitted 8/21
completed 8/28
interview invite on 9/12

Reactions: 1 users
I was complete (last date on application) August 22nd. I haven’t heard back from them and was wondering if that was a bad thing? I know they sent out the secondary invites late in the cycle. Thanks for the help!

submitted 8/21
completed 8/28
interview invite on 9/12
What are you stats if you don’t mind me asking? I was complete around the same time, and haven’t heard anything back :(

What are you stats if you don’t mind me asking? I was complete around the same time, and haven’t heard anything back :(
Try not to get caught up with stats. I had 6 Ds 2 Fs and 8Ws on my transcript and got an II. I would say it’s more important to use your experiences to sell yourself and show them what you bring to the table as a future physician

Reactions: 2 users
Try not to get caught up with stats. I had 6 Ds 2 Fs and 8Ws on my transcript and got an II. I would say it’s more important to use your experiences to sell yourself and show them what you bring to the table as a future physician
I can not emphasize this enough, and is one of the reasons I avoided SDN for as long as I did. I failed out of college, and had grades very similar to the person whose post I am quoting. I had 3 II's early on in the cycle, and had an acceptance in early October. Your application is so much more than the statistics on the front cover, and anyone who says otherwise is simply speaking from their limited person experience.

I can not emphasize this enough, and is one of the reasons I avoided SDN for as long as I did. I failed out of college, and had grades very similar to the person whose post I am quoting. I had 3 II's early on in the cycle, and had an acceptance in early October. Your application is so much more than the statistics on the front cover, and anyone who says otherwise is simply speaking from their limited person experience.
Are you attending PCOM?

Just had my interview today at PCOM! Was a super chillax atmosphere. The staff and students all make you feel at home and emphasize that there really is nothing to worry about.

All of the applicants got a panel of interviewers of 2-3 people, consisting of a DO, admissions staff member, or 3rd/4th year student. Was very conversational and lax.

Just had my interview today at PCOM! Was a super chillax atmosphere. The staff and students all make you feel at home and emphasize that there really is nothing to worry about.

All of the applicants got a panel of interviewers of 2-3 people, consisting of a DO, admissions staff member, or 3rd/4th year student. Was very conversational and lax.
What time did you arrive at PCOM and what time did you leave?

For those wondering timelines:
complete 8/28, II for mid-September, acceptance today!
Wish you all the best of luck!

Reactions: 2 users
My portal has updated online with the link to pay the deposit but the mail has yet to come to my house!

My portal has updated online with the link to pay the deposit but the mail has yet to come to my house!
where on the portal did you find this? I seem to only have the list of items with the date received and the other portal that linked you to the application

So on the page that has all of the completion dates, at the top there is just a new bullet under the lines that say "thank you for your interest in PCOM...." that has a link for paying the deposit. Definitely wasn't there until today

So on the page that has all of the completion dates, at the top there is just a new bullet under the lines that say "thank you for your interest in PCOM...." that has a link for paying the deposit. Definitely wasn't there until today
Interviewed 10/4 and I have the same thing on my portal and it wasn't there before.

Mail came! Accepted! Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear!

EDIT: Interviewed on the 27th for people that are wondering.

Reactions: 4 users
Checked the mail.. ACCEPTED! Interviewed 10/4

Reactions: 4 users
When people are getting accepted all around you and you're still waiting for an interview:
tenor.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users
Accepted! This was the first school I was looking at when I first started considering medical school. Feels bizarre knowing I may be joining their ranks in less than a year. Good luck to everyone else still in the running!

Mail came! Accepted! Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear!

EDIT: Interviewed on the 27th for people that are wondering.

Damn that's a pretty short turnaround time then. Here's to hoping I get mine early too :clap:

LM: 60~65. Had many clinical and shadowing experiences.

Accepted yesterday via mail! Interviewed on 9/28
(Date on mail was 10/12)

Anyone know when interview day is over? Also who am i seeing this Friday?!

I could be mistaken. The letter said the adcom has decided to delay a decision on my application and place it on hold. I'd be happy to hear the difference

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile
My understanding is that a delayed decision means they haven't said yes, no, or waitlist to your app -- whereas wait list status is your decision. Some people go from delayed to wait list or delayed to acceptance. In my opinion, you're in a much better position being delayed than on the wait list.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how they prepared for their interview? I interview two weeks from tomorrow and want to be prepared as this is one of my top choices! :xf:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how they prepared for their interview? I interview two weeks from tomorrow and want to be prepared as this is one of my top choices! :xf:
Just go to the interview page for pcom on sdn. They have tons of interview questions that are accurate and can give you a good idea of what to expect. It’s super relaxed and conversational plus they understand we’re all nervous so just relax and show them what you got