2018-2019 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Philadelphia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think they mainly want to see that you are professional and passionate about medicine so even if it feels like you're being grilled about something keep your composure. That's about it. My interview was filled with hypothetical scenarios which didn't catch me off guard but I was surprised that's the direction it went in. They will ask what you know about osteopathic medicine and/or what DOs do so be prepared for that. Also have some questions ready for them at the end.

Omg I know the interview questions/styles vary, but I wasn't even thinking there may be multiple hypothetical questions. *slightly panics*
But thanks for the advice and good luck! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

I think they mainly want to see that you are professional and passionate about medicine so even if it feels like you're being grilled about something keep your composure. That's about it. My interview was filled with hypothetical scenarios which didn't catch me off guard but I was surprised that's the direction it went in. They will ask what you know about osteopathic medicine and/or what DOs do so be prepared for that. Also have some questions ready for them at the end.

Interesting. At my interview they told us no questions were allowed

Reactions: 2 users
So on my application summary all of my requirements including LORs have been marked complete except Supplementation application (which I submitted 6 days ago. Is that what takes ~15 days to be marked complete?

Members don't see this ad :)
So on my application summary all of my requirements including LORs have been marked complete except Supplementation application (which I submitted 6 days ago. Is that what takes ~15 days to be marked complete?

Yes, most likely that's what takes 15 business days. Mine took 9 days total after I submitted it to be marked as complete.

Reactions: 1 user
Interesting. At my interview they told us no questions were allowed
That is interesting. Maybe they had some time constraints that day.

@dr.daisypepman regarding the interview, I'd say there were maybe 3 hypothetical questions and one of them was a follow up so don't be too worried. They still asked the standard questions about your past experiences and your app. I think they ask 5 or 6 questions total.

Last edited:
To anyone who has interviewed so far, were you asked if you had any acceptances yet? If so, how did you answer? (assuming you do have acceptances)

To anyone who has interviewed so far, were you asked if you had any acceptances yet? If so, how did you answer? (assuming you do have acceptances)
I wasn’t asked, but if they did ask I would’ve said “yes I’ve been accepted to other schools.”

I wasn’t asked, but if they did ask I would’ve said “yes I’ve been accepted to other schools.”
I said yes and wasn’t sure if that was the right answer. But the lady followed up my answer with, I can see why so I guess that’s a good thing. Just scared because I don’t want to be out of the running because of that.

Primary = 8/31
Secondary = 10/2

Yes, late ...
Losing hope ...

Regardless, Happy to those who are getting interviews & acceptances. I'm sure you all put in immense work for you to reap the benefit.

Reactions: 1 users
Did late October interviews get decisions yet?
Any updates on portal or we have to wait for US mail?

It took me over 4 weeks to get verified. It depends on when you submit and the volume of apps they have to get through

My last transcript got to AACOMAS on Monday, and I got verified this morning. Thank God it didn’t take 4 weeks. Praying I’m not too late for this school.

My last transcript got to AACOMAS on Monday, and I got verified this morning. Thank God it didn’t take 4 weeks. Praying I’m not too late for this school.

Your signature says you already got accepted into an MD program. Why are you applying DO, if I may ask?

Your signature says you already got accepted into an MD program. Why are you applying DO, if I may ask?

I want the option of going to a civilian school. The commitment is only 4 years versus 7. I also know a few docs in the .mil with me who said having the OMM is actually helpful because a lot of pilots, divers, and other special program folks (and the regular guys too, but to a lesser extent) like the option of getting some pain relief without having to take meds and possibly get grounded.

Members don't see this ad :)
I want the option of going to a civilian school. The commitment is only 4 years versus 7. I also know a few docs in the .mil with me who said having the OMM is actually helpful because a lot of pilots, divers, and other special program folks (and the regular guys too, but to a lesser extent) like the option of getting some pain relief without having to take meds and possibly get grounded.
I'm just responding because I happened to see this - my spouse is a military pilot, and this is actually why he wanted to go to DO school.

Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile

I'm just responding because I happened to see this - my spouse is a military pilot, and this is actually why he wanted to go to DO school.

Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile

Thanks for responding! A couple buddies of mine are pilots and have also said they like getting OMM for their back, neck, and shoulder pain. I’m not a “true believer” or anything, but if it can help with that kind of stuff then I definitely want to learn it.

Hi everyone! I received an interview invite for Nov. 30th this past Wednesday, so needless to say, I'm scrambling a bit. What is the latest I can expect the interview day to go? Mine's supposed to be at 10 AM and I'm trying to figure out how early I can comfortably make it back to the airport. Also, it's supposed to be cold and rainy. Anyone have advice on appropriate shoes for interviewing? I've only interviewed down south where this is not an issue, lol.

Did late October interviews get decisions yet?
Any updates on portal or we have to wait for US mail?

Interviewed on 10/25, haven't received anything yet. They notify applicants through US mail.

Hi everyone! I received an interview invite for Nov. 30th this past Wednesday, so needless to say, I'm scrambling a bit. What is the latest I can expect the interview day to go? Mine's supposed to be at 10 AM and I'm trying to figure out how early I can comfortably make it back to the airport. Also, it's supposed to be cold and rainy. Anyone have advice on appropriate shoes for interviewing? I've only interviewed down south where this is not an issue, lol.
I would probably book a flight for a few hours after 10 am. Interviews start at a certain time but you may have to wait for other interviewees ahead of you to be interviewed. As far as shoes, you can wear dark colored flats or a heel; I've seen a variety of shoe styles on the women at my interviews, no open toe of course.

The estimated number of hours they give is 4 hours for the interview day. I was among the last to interview so I spent about 4 hours but you may be among those that interview first and finish early.

Does anyone know the acceptance rate post-interview?

Interviewed exactly 3 weeks ago on 11/6. This is my #1 choice! Already have an acceptance at my #2, so I have until December 14th to give my #2 a $1000 deposit. Hoping to hear from PCOM this week or next! Birthday is next Monday on the 3rd; seems like the stars may align?? ahhhhhh haha, no matter what though very lucky to be where I am and we should all feel the same!

Reactions: 5 users
Haven’t heard anything since the secondary I submitted in August? Am I just being the least patient person in the world or should I be worried?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Interviewed exactly 3 weeks ago on 11/6. This is my #1 choice! Already have an acceptance at my #2, so I have until December 14th to give my #2 a $1000 deposit. Hoping to hear from PCOM this week or next! Birthday is next Monday on the 3rd; seems like the stars may align?? ahhhhhh haha, no matter what though very lucky to be where I am and we should all feel the same!
I’m sure you’ll have a decision by mid-December ;) Congrats on your acceptance!

Anyone have any idea if PCOM teaches to in house exams
Congrats on the acceptance! PCOM is also my #1 choice and I interviewed on 11/7! Do you have anything to go off of of why we'd hear on 12/3 (HBD btw lol)? At the interview they said we could expect to hear sometime in December- but I know last year my friend who interviewed 11/30 heard on 12/28.....hoping we hear before that!!!

Decisions depend on the last time the admissions committee met. If they met recently before your interview date you’ll prob end up waiting about 4-5 weeks.

Based on this thread it looks like people last heard on 10/15....so i'm estimating that the committee meets around that time each month so hopefully we do hear this/next week! :)

Anyone know if PCOM is receptive to LOI's? Currently on hold post-interview and really looking to come here since it's only 20 minutes away from me.

Anyone know if PCOM is receptive to LOI's? Currently on hold post-interview and really looking to come here since it's only 20 minutes away from me.
I'm also on post-interview hold so +1 for this question.

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

I mean I tried sending a LOI thru email to an admissions member last year when I was waitlisted for months on end. I don’t think it helped all that much.

I'm also on post-interview hold so +1 for this question.

Did you guys just find out today you were on post-interview hold? I interviewed 11/7, how would I find out if I was this status?

Did you guys just find out today you were on post-interview hold? I interviewed 11/7, how would I find out if I was this status?

I interviewed mid-October and found out by mail about a month later.

I also found out my admissions decision was being put on hold in mid-October. Do you know when they may decide on our applications?

I also found out my admissions decision was being put on hold in mid-October. Do you know when they may decide on our applications?
Well, I'd say sometime between now and April. Ha. There's no timeline so your guess is as good as mine. Best of luck to you though.

Just got the acceptance letter today! I interviewed on 10/25 so it's been a while, hang in there for anyone who interviewed in November!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the acceptance letter today! I interviewed on 10/25 so it's been a while, hang in there for anyone who interviewed in November!

CONGRATS!!!!

if you interviewed on 10/25, i wonder if the 11/7 interviewees are in the same batch of decisions ahhh i'll be obsessively checking my mail!!!
Can you let us know if your portal changes, because my mail is so slow i wonder if portal will change before mail comes!

DId your portal change? I interviewed 11/2 and have not received anything and my portal is the same...
I just checked and my portal has not yet changed!

Does anyone have any guidance on PCOM vs. NYIT? I have been accepted at both and am really feeling torn.

Rejected :/

Letter came in mail today. Interviewed 11/6. It's all good. I trust the process :)

KCU-Kansas City here I come!!!!!

Congrats to everyone that was accepted!:clap:

I'm guessing mid-November interview decisions might be waiting another month :eek: :xf:

Congrats to everyone that was accepted!:clap:

I'm guessing mid-November interview decisions might be waiting another month :eek: :xf:
I wonder if we'll hear soon enough to make the 12/15 deposit deadline! I'd hate to have to wait even longer past then, too anxious lol

At least y’all got II.

Sitting in silence even though I submitted like the first week

Reactions: 5 users