Dec 4, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Does PCOM do silent rejections? I submitted my app early October and have an LM of 68. Figured I had a pretty good shot at this school but I'm starting to wonder if maybe I don't considering I haven't heard a thing.
People that have applied as early as August still haven't heard back. They get a lot of applications. Just be patient, they will notify you about interview/rejection in due time.

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

Sep 18, 2018
They send you one with the acceptance letter.

Question. Is the technical standard document the one we received in the interview invite or is an official one sent to use with the acceptance letter?

I haven't gotten mine yet even tho I have the deposit link >_> currently having issues with the mail carriers tho and I keep getting reminders to send it in.

Reactions: justalittlestar

southflts

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
Apr 9, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
If you interview at one campus can you still get an II at another? Like would it be possible to interview and be accepted at more than one campus?

Sep 18, 2018
For accepted students, is the myPCOM login information sent after the submission of the tuition prepayment/technical standards form? I have been accepted for almost a month, but I have not heard anything from PCOM. Tuition prepayment was sent last week (although the money has not been taken out of my account yet), and I am planning on sending the technical standards form tomorrow. The deadline on the 14th has me worried :/

Thanks!
If you paid you're fine. I received a bunch of emails including my login info after paying the prepayment.

DameJulie

2+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Does PCOM accept updates if we have no II yet?

Reactions: DrDawg10
Jun 20, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I know this is probably a bias forum to post this in, but when/would you guys pick PCOM over an MD offer? I was accepted to GeisingerCSCOM, and I'm really struggling to decide between the two. I LOVED PCOM and really was so excited to go, but now am hearing really conflicting things about choosing DO over MD...any advice would be appreciated

Nov 5, 2018
Status
I know this is probably a bias forum to post this in, but when/would you guys pick PCOM over an MD offer? I was accepted to GeisingerCSCOM, and I'm really struggling to decide between the two. I LOVED PCOM and really was so excited to go, but now am hearing really conflicting things about choosing DO over MD...any advice would be appreciated
Depends on what you want to do. General consensus is that it is easier to get into highly competitive and surgical specialty residencies as an MD. However if you are interested in family med/primary care then I am of the opinion that DO is a better route to take. 80% of people will probably just tell you to take the MD, this is Just my take

Reactions: Curiousfuturedoc

justalittlestar

10+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2009
Philly
Status
Pre-Medical
Because this has been discussed ad nauseam on SDN here's a nice summary:
MD VS DO

My input is go MD because doors will be opened to you more easily, historically speaking. However, all specialty fields are doable with a DO degree.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2018
Status
Depends on what you want to do. General consensus is that it is easier to get into highly competitive and surgical specialty residencies as an MD. However if you are interested in family med/primary care then I am of the opinion that DO is a better route to take. 80% of people will probably just tell you to take the MD, this is Just my take
Because this has been discussed ad nauseam on SDN here's a nice summary:
MD VS DO

My input is go MD because doors will be opened to you more easily, historically speaking. However, all specialty fields are doable with a DO degree.
thank you guys! I have read a lot of the MD vs. DO forums, but was wondering since PCOM is like top notch DO school if it would offer more opportunities than Geisinger which is more of a middle tier MD school. Really appreciate the input!

Reactions: justalittlestar
Aug 28, 2018
I would say go with the place that you believe will make you the happiest. It sounds like you really like PCOM, so don't let the fact that other people have opinions on DO schools hold you back! There are opportunities everywhere, but medical school can be rough so it would be best to choose the place that you believe will be the most supportive environment for yourself.

southwestpremed06

Accepted DO Class of 2023!
2+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2017
Status
Any current student know if PCOM gives any scholarships/need based aid (not loans) at all?

southwestpremed06

2+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2017
Status
Not yet, I don't think. I think someone should start it though. I've been looking for one.
There is one now! Someone created it yesterday I think

southwestpremed06

2+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2017
Status
Anyone accepted looking at the prices for apartments in Philly and wondering how on earth to afford living there on the amount of loans they give you? :eek:

Dec 4, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone accepted looking at the prices for apartments in Philly and wondering how on earth to afford living there on the amount of loans they give you? :eek:
Look at Manayunk. It's more affordable than most and a popular area for students and young professionals!

southwestpremed06

2+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2017
Status
Look at Manayunk. It's more affordable than most and a popular area for students and young professionals!

Really? Cheapest one I saw in Manayunk was $1000+ for a studio. Maybe I'm missing something.

Last edited:

Chimokines37

2+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know when orientation is for the incoming class in the Fall? I can't seem to find this anywhere. I know last year's Fall term started August 13th but not sure if its the same and if this includes orientation or if it before this date

Dec 4, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know when orientation is for the incoming class in the Fall? I can't seem to find this anywhere. I know last year's Fall term started August 13th but not sure if its the same and if this includes orientation or if it before this date
From what I know orientation usually starts 10 days before the official start of term.

Oct 30, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Has anyone been accepted into the facebook page yet? I'm just not sure how that process works/whos running it

Chimokines37

2+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
So I just discovered the Getting Started page on myPCOM and realized there is a lot of pre-matriculation things to do (surveys, orders, photo ID etc). How strict are these deadlines they gave us to turn them in? They say they should be submitted within 2, 3, or 8 weeks after recieving username and password depending on which item we're talking about.

I'm already late to a bunch of them so I wanted to bring it to everyone's attention in case they missed it as well. Its not like they will rescind my acceptance or anything for this right? Its my understanding it just needs to be done in a timely manner before orientation (I'll get to work on them ASAP) so there's some wiggle room but would love some input or reassurance.

edit: Oh any merry christmas/happy holidays everyone! Enjoy this time whether you are waiting on interviews, deciding between schools, or already set on attending!

Reactions: mc29012
Sep 18, 2018
So I just discovered the Getting Started page on myPCOM and realized there is a lot of pre-matriculation things to do (surveys, orders, photo ID etc). How strict are these deadlines they gave us to turn them in? They say they should be submitted within 2, 3, or 8 weeks after recieving username and password depending on which item we're talking about.

I'm already late to a bunch of them so I wanted to bring it to everyone's attention in case they missed it as well. Its not like they will rescind my acceptance or anything for this right? Its my understanding it just needs to be done in a timely manner before orientation (I'll get to work on them ASAP) so there's some wiggle room but would love some input or reassurance.

edit: Oh any merry christmas/happy holidays everyone! Enjoy this time whether you are waiting on interviews, deciding between schools, or already set on attending!
Thanks for this!! Looks like I need to see my doctor soon and get all these things done. Merry Christmas everyone!

justalittlestar

10+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2009
Philly
Status
Pre-Medical
*sigh* Acceptances are in big envelopes, right? Think some decisions are coming our way. Nov-early Dec interviews.

justalittlestar

10+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2009
Philly
Status
Pre-Medical
Also got a notice and just got my mail...to anyone disappointed by a picture of a small envelope it’s just a Christmas card! No need to panic yet
Maybe that’s what mine is *shrug* Can’t lie I’m ready to just get a decision