2018-2019 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Philadelphia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry if this has already been answered, but does PCOM only send II and acceptance/rejections via mail?

Do they send an email for II as well?

I find it weird that in 2019 people are still using mail.....
Ive seen a couple people see a deposit link in their online portal before they actually got the official letter in the mail

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone who interviewed 12/17 heard back?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! Here is my PCOM timeline for anyone interested:
8/6/18 primary received by PCOM
9/15/18 secondary received by PCOM
12/12/18 interview invite
1/09/19 interview date

If anyone else interviewed/is going to interview in early January please post when you hear back!!

UPDATE (1/21/19): My portal has a deposit link now!! But no letter in the mail yet.

UPDATE #2 (1/25/19): a letter from PCOM came in the mail for me a few days ago, I opened it today and it was the acceptance!! So happy!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Online portal changed today with a "Contingency 1 - Course Relate: Biochemistry" I still need to take biochem before matriculation. Hoping this is good news. Saw someone post in last years forum that shortly after they got that on their portal a deposit link was in there. Crossing my fingers. Interviewed 12/19

Edit: Was accepted 5 days later

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
To be clear though- there was the initial portal where it stopped being updated after everything was received.. is there any way to check your status after that?

To be clear though- there was the initial portal where it stopped being updated after everything was received.. is there any way to check your status after that?
Eventually that is where you will pay your deposit. Previously, like in last years discussion page that I was browsing, some people have seen the link in their portal to pay for the deposit before their actual acceptance arrived in the mail. This is the only portal that I know of. Interview invitations come via email. Decisions via snail mail. (Sans the occasional bad timing of the deposit link in the portal and us mail)

Eventually that is where you will pay your deposit. Previously, like in last years discussion page that I was browsing, some people have seen the link in their portal to pay for the deposit before their actual acceptance arrived in the mail. This is the only portal that I know of. Interview invitations come via email. Decisions via snail mail. (Sans the occasional bad timing of the deposit link in the portal and us mail)
Cool, just wanted to make sure there wasn't this elusive portal where they've already axed me...

Can someone who interviewed elaborate on the "writing assignment" during the interview day?

Not really sure how I missed submitting this one, but alas here I am checking my email and finding this secondary again. I have a 3.65 and 513. I have been accepted to KCU-Joplin but PCOM is in a better location for me. Any sense is submitting at this point or just skip it? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
So I have been in silence forever, does anyone remember if they sent out a complete email after they send out the “application was received” mail? They had an issue with one of my letters of rec originally, so I want to make sure that it didn’t axe my chances without excessively calling them to find out “did you look at my app yet”

So I have been in silence forever, does anyone remember if they sent out a complete email after they send out the “application was received” mail? They had an issue with one of my letters of rec originally, so I want to make sure that it didn’t axe my chances without excessively calling them to find out “did you look at my app yet”
A few weeks after I sent them everything I called admissions to make sure all was complete from my side. They seemed very happy to help me.

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

Does anyone know if they've fill the spot? complete since aug and have not heard anything.

Does anyone know if they've fill the spot? complete since aug and have not heard anything.
The wait sucks but once you're complete at PCOM you just have to wait for an invite. PCOM interviews into March. If you don't get an invite for an interview between now and mid-March you can consider it a rejection and an official letter will be sent to you later in the cycle.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone have an idea of when 12/17 interviewees will hear back? I have a deposit due at another school tomorrow, so I'm thinking I won't know in time.

Does anyone have an idea of when 12/17 interviewees will hear back? I have a deposit due at another school tomorrow, so I'm thinking I won't know in time.
I think wasting money on deposits is the name of the game for a lot of schools. I've already done my pcom deposits but won't k ow for another 2 months if I will actually end up there.

I think wasting money on deposits is the name of the game for a lot of schools. I've already done my pcom deposits but won't k ow for another 2 months if I will actually end up there.

Which is absolutely brutal because a lot of school's depostis are >$1k and some >$2k. PCOM's initial deposit is super reasonable.

Which is absolutely brutal because a lot of school's depostis are >$1k and some >$2k. PCOM's initial deposit is super reasonable.
Definitely. The overall cost of this whole process is unnecessarily expensive and a reminder of the BS we are all going to have to deal with in the future.

Yea I have a $1500 deposit in at LECOM that I will leave for PCOM if I get in. Fortunately I didn't apply to many schools so it kinda evens out.

Last decisions were received on Christmas Eve and it usually takes about 4-5 weeks for next decisions to go out.

I've been complete since mid October and I just received an II for 2/6

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted! Interviewed 12/19. 99% sure I’ll withdraw from LECOM. I just have to call Monday to see if they accept biochem from New England online which I think they do

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted! Interviewed 12/19. 99% sure I’ll withdraw from LECOM. I just have to call Monday to see if they accept biochem from New England online which I think they do
Congrats!!!! I feel the same way, still going on interviews but it doesn't get any better than PCOM....

Sent from my LG-D850 using SDN mobile

Does anyone know if they reschedule interviews?? I got an II today for Feb 20 but I'll be interviewing somewhere else already! They sent me an email that said "Wed Feb 20" so I'm hoping I can choose a early date.

Does anyone know if they reschedule interviews?? I got an II today for Feb 20 but I'll be interviewing somewhere else already! They sent me an email that said "Wed Feb 20" so I'm hoping I can choose a early date.
I'd email them ASAP that February 20th doesn't work for you. They have other set dates for interviews that they'll prob suggest. You may get an earlier or later date I believe it depends on if there's space.

Has anyone else been having trouble logging on to the portal either through Safari, Chrome, or both? Already reset my password but still cannot log in

Where did you guys stay for the interview? Hotels suggestions? And is it better to fly or drive?
My drive will be about 9 hours...

Where did you guys stay for the interview? Hotels suggestions? And is it better to fly or drive?
There's a Hilton Hotel legit right next to PCOM's campus that's really nice. I'm from Philly so I didn't have to stay in a hotel but I've heard good things. I think you can also choose to stay with a student that lives near by! And driving vs. flying depends on your personal preference really.

I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriot like 5 minutes up the road and it was a very pleasant stay and super easy to get a cab for the 5 minute drive to campus.

Anyone have any information about getting off the Hold post-II list? Anxious to hear back from this place

I stayed with current students for free through the MedStay program. My hosts were super nice and answered a lot of my questions the night before. They also dropped me off and picked me up from the interview.

Also, just got a letter that my app is put on hold. Interviewed 12/19

Anyone have any information about getting off the Hold post-II list? Anxious to hear back from this place
My decision is also still delayed/hold from a November interview. There’s no info to give. We just have to wait until they’re done interviewing everyone else and decide they’ll accept, reject, or waitlist.

IS PCOM still sending out II?

Reactions: 1 users